terror in madrid

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I don't have words to describe the images that i saw about the attack today in Atocha (one of the most beautiful train stations that i ever been).

For all the spanish ppl in this site: I hope that you and your family and friends are ok. Wish you the best in this horrible time.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I left home at 7.30 this morning so didn't hear about it until 09.00 when I walked in the office. One of my closest friends is on a sabatical from Sunderland Uni and living and working in Madrid for a year. He was running late this morning, missed his normal train and caught a bus instead. He was approx 400m from Atocha when it happened. I spoke to him about 10mins ago and he and his wife are OK but obviously shocked and stunned. Difficult times for all involved and I'm sure our HL thoughts are with them.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Terrorists. what a bunch of tw*ts.
What do these n*bheads think they're gonna achieve by dispicable acts like these?
Gazza for England manager
_emma_
Overbomber

Ganith. Are you and your relatives and friends okay?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Must have missed this............What's going on?
Only a paand.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Sexygoth wrote:Must have missed this............What's going on?
www.bbc.co.uk/news
Last edited by Loki on 11 Mar 2004, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

24.24.2.489 Deceased
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Bloody hell, what utter sh*ts
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

'In the end it's 173, and nearly 600 injured, and it goes up'

that was email from my spanish friend
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

:? :?

I heard when I got up for work today. It's really scary how vulnerable public transportation really is to such acts. Unfortunately for me, it's how I get to and from work ... :urff: :urff:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Black Planet wrote::? :?

I heard when I got up for work today. It's really scary how vulnerable public transportation really is to such acts. Unfortunately for me, it's how I get to and from work ... :urff: :urff:
Me too. It's not often that I am lost for words.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

You know, it would be a shame if terrorism led us to desert public institutions (like public transport), and live in our little private bubbles. I can see why people worry, but I'm not sure if public transport is any more or less dangerous than private transport, although we all feel safer in our cars, as Gary Numan said. Terrorists attack train stations because they are crowded with people, not because they are more or less defenceless than houses or cars. The idea of public space is worth fighting for, and I think that living the life you want to live, as normal, is the only decent response to terror like this.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well said Mr Chris. If terrorists make peole frightened, then they have won.

"You have nothing to fear but fear itself"
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

markfiend wrote:Well said Mr Chris. If terrorists make peole frightened, then they have won.

"You have nothing to fear but fear itself"
As Homer Simpson once said,
"You have nothing to fear but fear itself. And Axe murderers."

I don't mean to be tastless BTW, just thought a Homerism might cheer people up...
Gazza for England manager
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Black Shuck wrote:I don't mean to be tastless BTW, just thought a Homerism might cheer people up...
You're not one of those people who knows every word of every episode are you and constantly says "Ooh, do you remember the Simpsons episode where that happened" everytime something noteworthy happens?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thrash Harry wrote:
Black Shuck wrote:I don't mean to be tastless BTW, just thought a Homerism might cheer people up...
You're not one of those people who knows every word of every episode are you and constantly says "Ooh, do you remember the Simpsons episode where that happened" everytime something noteworthy happens?
That reminds me of the time when Homer said...

No, I'm only kidding.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Was quite amusing though
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sexygoth wrote:Was quite amusing though
The Homerism? Indeed it was.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

markfiend wrote:
That reminds me of the time when Homer said...
Doh!!!

:roll: :roll: :oops:

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
no, the terrorist attack :roll: . Of course the homerism! Is it just me, or does that word sound quite rude?
Only a paand.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

It's the homereroticism you've got to look out for. Some people are obsessed with anything yellow.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

i'll look out for that. Thanks for the warning!
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sexygoth wrote:
markfiend wrote:
no, the terrorist attack :roll: . Of course the homerism! Is it just me, or does that word sound quite rude?
Sorry. Image Been a long day.

And I can't even get the URL of my spacker-smiley right :roll:
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: And I can't even get the URL of my spacker-smiley right :roll:
Now that made me laugh, quite a bit actually.......And now I look stupid.................
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:innocent:
—Bertrand Russell