Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Doctor Who
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Doctor Who Reply with quote Back to top

Christopher Eccleston to play the new Dr Who. We are not worthy! Not sure it will work though , he's too gorgeous ( sigh ) Very Happy
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

PostPost #2  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Works for me.....

Though i would have preffered Paul Mgann to do it again...... and then re-generate into Richard E Grant..... how cool would that be Smile

Doomie. your thoughts as the resident Dr Who bod please...

Paddy.
karin

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't know about Paul McGann I've hardly watched it for 30 years It wasn't me... Totally up for The Eccleston though. even if I don't think he's that good at comedy and I think the Dr. needs that tongue in cheek element. It will be interesting to see how he plays it.
Thea
Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bill Bailey. i saw him doing "proper" serious acting in something a while ago and he seemed right for it... failing that, maybe Alan Davis (i think that's his name... played Jonathan Creek...) the first series of JC was a bit like Dr Who without the sci-fi (think the earth-bound pertwee episodes) Or the other one i'd like to see would be tom baker taking back his role. reverse regenerations?

http://www.myspace.com/mourningforautumnuk
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

he he.... Tom back !!!!! if only....

Paddy.
karin

PostPost #6  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't mind me.. Rolling Eyes ( fer f**k sake)
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

/me hugs Karin.....

Paddy.
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Christopher Eccleston? I've never heard of him so he gets my vote. If they'd have picked someone well known instead of being Dr Who he'd have been (that bloke) from (that show), which would have been crap.
The BBC are jerks though, the'll probably ruin it by bringing back the sodding daleks.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Think bill nighy would've been cool. thought it was him, some papers did Surprised

we tried to invite him to the pub, but he wasn't having any of it Embarassed Twisted Evil Razz

Ah, he might be a bit busy We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0631490/

Two of my favourite things in that list Mr. Green
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chris Eccleston is a f*cking excellent actor. I saw his Hamlet at the West Yorkshire Playhouse a while back. We are not worthy! Is Dr Who being filmed at BBC Leeds? Because I've seen Mr Eccleston jogging past our office a couple of times recently.

FYI Dan, he was in "Cracker" if that's any help?
This is he:

RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

PostPost #11  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dan wrote:
Christopher Eccleston? I've never heard of him so he gets my vote. If they'd have picked someone well known instead of being Dr Who he'd have been (that bloke) from (that show), which would have been crap.

what the f**k are you on about? christopher eccleston is one of the leading british actors of his generation and the incredible thing is that the beeb have managed to convince him to take on the role of the doctor when he could be off making more hollywood blockbusters....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RicheyJames wrote:
Dan wrote:

what the f**k are you on about? christopher eccleston is one of the leading british actors of his generation and the incredible thing is that the beeb have managed to convince him to take on the role of the doctor when he could be off making more hollywood blockbusters....
Ah, well, the thing is, he's not a Hollywood whore like other British actors of his generation *cough*Ewan McGregor*cough*
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really pleased about Mr Ecclestone. I was secretly hoping against hope for Anthony Head, but that was never going to happen and would have led them in a more lighthearted direction anyway. Ecclestone has charisma and gravitas, and I assume / hope that casting him means they want to take Doctor Who in a darker direction. I want to see blood!

I can imagine him doing scared or angry or moody better than anyone since Tom Baker, my all-time fave (though that's probably just cos I was ten when he was Doctor). Still, I am happy.

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm. Christopher Ecclestone eh? An actual, proper actor Surprised

Out of the names that were being bandied about, I did like the idea of Bill Nightly, but I couldn't get the image of a hybrid of Victor Meldrew and William Hartnell out of my head ("Daleks!! I don't believe it!!" etc. etc.).

So now that's out of the way, are they going to put in a regeneration scene or wot, seeing as McGann says he's really got nowt to do with it anymore? Or doesn't he count as The Doctor?

Can we see Tom Baker again, please, please, please?
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mrs. Snowey wrote:
So now that's out of the way, are they going to put in a regeneration scene or wot, seeing as McGann says he's really got nowt to do with it anymore? Or doesn't he count as The Doctor?

Personally I'd be quite happy the McGann thing never happened. Perhaps have McCoy wake from a really bad dream that shocks him so much he regenerates. Twisted Evil
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Chris Eccleston is a f*cking excellent actor. I saw his Hamlet at the West Yorkshire Playhouse a while back. We are not worthy!

All my fears about that production proved true. Quite the worst overwrought reading by Mr. Eccleston, and I've seen quite a few. A tragic play, yes, but there is meant to be a build up. Awful, quite, quite awful. Don't get me started on the disasterous Ophelia either...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the role of the doc is a bit of a career-stopper isn't it? Wierded Out
the cake is a lie
Debaser
Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now I really fancied, whatsizface to play the Doctor, erm, you know thingy, Sheriff of Nottingham, Truly, Madly, Deeply blokey

Alan blimmin Rickman - THAT'S the chap. Now he'd have been flippin marvellous
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johhny Vaughn ??

Smile

Paddy.
karin

PostPost #20  Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Padstar wrote:
/me hugs Karin.....

Paddy.

Thanks Pads. I'm not in a huff now.
karin

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Is Dr Who being filmed at BBC Leeds? Because I've seen Mr Eccleston jogging past our office a couple of times recently.

This is he:

Hmmmm.....So Markfiend..... I'm suddenly very intrested in where you work. Could I come and hang out ? You know just to check out the carpets and stuff.... It wasn't me... Wink
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #22  Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JansenClone wrote:
All my fears about that production proved true. Quite the worst overwrought reading by Mr. Eccleston, and I've seen quite a few. A tragic play, yes, but there is meant to be a build up. Awful, quite, quite awful. Don't get me started on the disasterous Ophelia either...
Surprised Fair enough. Agree to disagree, eh? Mr. Green
karin wrote:
Hmmmm.....So Markfiend..... I'm suddenly very intrested in where you work. Could I come and hang out ? You know just to check out the carpets and stuff.... It wasn't me... Wink
We don't have carpets. Laminate wood floor. Razz

But sure, pop down, I can't guarantee he'll show though.

I saw Terry Waite outside here once too.
Andy TG
Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bill Bailey gets my vote - he is "Tom Baker" of the 21st Century!

So "Your Flavour Of The Month" This Week Are You?

Andrew Eldritch IS Herr Flick Of The Gestapo in Allo Alllo!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #24  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just seen Mr CE wandering along The Calls (in Leeds) again...
Angelchild

PostPost #25  Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can I be put in the que behind Karin please?
Mr Eccleston is a fine fellow Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: