Summer Festivals

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

What the hell is going on with this years festivals?

Leeds has a sh1te line-up so that one can whistle, and even the Cure / Pixies rumours for Glastonbury seem to have disappeared.

In desperation I checked the M'era Luna website, to discover 'Wolfshiem' seem to be headlining. Er...who? Oh, and the m*****n have just been added. Drokk.

Does anyone know any decent festival bill in the northern hemisphere? Best so far is Graspop in Belgium - Motorhead, Anthrax, Priest, and loads others.

If the Sisters are gonna announce any (unlikely it would seem), wish they'd get on with it. :roll:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Robert E
Road Kill

Well, this years Roskilde might be interesting for the mopey people, seeing that both Bowie and Morrissey are confirmed, and I've heard rumors about Dylan, as well... (www.roskilde-festival.dk <-- you CAN get it in english, somehow)

Sweden Rock Festival has Judas Priest, Europe and lots of other rock/metal bands, not that I'm going there...

The festival with the crappiest camping in the world - it's true, believe it - Arvikafestivalen in sweden is headlined by Skinny Puppy for those it might concern (www.galaxen.se <--- not sure if you can get it in english)
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

The line-ups for Southside and Hurricane festys in Germany look pretty good - The Cure, The Pixies, Bunnymen and David Bowie to name but a few...

http://www.hurricane.de/hurricaneneu/index.php
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

well i'm going to leeds. and i don't really CARE who's playing cos i will have a very good time anyway. so there.
(darkness)
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Yep, the Hurricane fest does indeed look alright. I guess Glasto is closer, if only those Cure / Pixies rumours would pick up again.

On the plus side, Glasto is one long debilitating blur of drugs, music and strangeness. On the minus side, it'll be full of Oasis loving scallies, which would be acceptable if they'd not released anything since Definitely Maybe. Ah well.

Isn't it about time The Sisters got involved in an alternative festival in the UK? I seem to remember one in Nottingham recently (last year or year before).

Isn't it about time the Sisters got involved in a festival anywhere? (watch 'em announce a US fest). Now I AM taking the p1ss.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Big Si
School Bully

Dave Whelan wrote:What the hell is going on with this years festivals?

Leeds has a sh1te line-up so that one can whistle, and even the Cure / Pixies rumours for Glastonbury seem to have disappeared.

In desperation I checked the M'era Luna website, to discover 'Wolfshiem' seem to be headlining. Er...who? Oh, and the m*****n have just been added. Drokk.

Does anyone know any decent festival bill in the northern hemisphere? Best so far is Graspop in Belgium - Motorhead, Anthrax, Priest, and loads others.

If the Sisters are gonna announce any (unlikely it would seem), wish they'd get on with it. :roll:
Iggy and the Stooges will be at Glasgow Green in June! :notworthy:

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/index.asp
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Well

Leeds this year is somewhat laclustre.... and though i like them theres no way The Darkness should be/have enough material/are big enough to do the Saturday headline..... i mean.... how long is their album!!!
That saod i think ill go to the Saturday as they are entertaining and i like The Offspring (who should be the headline act in fairness), Ash and would LOVE to see the Hives again.... hopefully a few more decent bands to be confirmed... im afraid the other nights are just too dull....

BUT.... im off to T in The Park !!!
http://www.tinthepark.com/

This is the best lineup ive seen this year.... so come on... lets all go!!!

Bowie/The Pixies/MUSE/The Darkness/The Strokes/ NERD/ Massive attack/ The Chemical Bros....

:)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Ide have gone to Download, but wont put any money in the pockets of Mattalica.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Big Si
School Bully

Padstar wrote:Ide have gone to Download, but wont put any money in the pockets of Mattalica.

Paddy.
They ain't playing that day! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

werchter this year is quite good...we have the cure, bowie, the pixies, placebo....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

and paddy.. we have a date at leeds, remember??
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Padstar wrote:though i like them theres no way The Darkness should be/have enough material/are big enough to do the Saturday headline..... i mean.... how long is their album!!!
but surely there's the possibility that they'll be debuting new material? and to be fair to mean fiddler, and whether you like it or not, they are probably the most talked about band in britain right now.
That saod i think ill go to the Saturday as they are entertaining and i like The Offspring (who should be the headline act in fairness), Ash and would LOVE to see the Hives again.... hopefully a few more decent bands to be confirmed... im afraid the other nights are just too dull....
well... i think it's a bit early to making sweeping judgements when a mere dozen acts have been confirmed with, as far as i can see, no mention yet as to who will be appearing on the "second" stage. i do find it bizarre that people clamour to buy tickets for festival so far in advance of the date and with so much of the bill unannounced. glastonbury excepted of course because their bill needs to be kept a secret lest the "special atmosphere" be ruined by non-hippies turning up to actually watch the bands.... :roll:
BUT.... im off to T in The Park !!!
http://www.tinthepark.com/

This is the best lineup ive seen this year.... so come on... lets all go!!!

Bowie/The Pixies/MUSE/The Darkness/The Strokes/ NERD/ Massive attack/ The Chemical Bros....
but it's in scotland. and will therefore be full of scottish-types downing gallon upon gallon of that vile buckfast brew whilst chewing on deep-fried mars bars. ugh.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

btw.. they've been playing at least one new song at recent gigs. not sure what its called though. and they've just had two weeks off to write. as confirmed by ed's brother, and their version of quiff.
christophe
Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:werchter this year is quite good...we have the cure, bowie, the pixies, placebo....
:notworthy: :notworthy:
I'm there dude. I paid my tickets yesterday!!

Graspop is gone be good too but I'm only going for 1 day. "saterday"
and Rock zottegem -> Front 242
summer here I come!
(next week I'm gone see clawfinger.) :twisted:

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Another Shade of You.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Dave Whelan wrote: and even the Cure / Pixies rumours for Glastonbury seem to have disappeared.

You don't know just how pleased I am to have read that!! <hugs Dave> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Only a paand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:btw.. they've been playing at least one new song at recent gigs. not sure what its called though. and they've just had two weeks off to write. as confirmed by ed's brother, and their version of quiff.
do you know them then??
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yes. i've met webby and speak by PM/email every few days, and have spoken to ed's bro a few times. he's a really nice guy. am going to see his band again soon.
Thea
Overbomber

definatly WGW
very prolly elektrofest
mebby infest
would like M'era Luna, but i'm living on 20p out-of-date supernoodles as it is :|
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sexygoth wrote:
Dave Whelan wrote: and even the Cure / Pixies rumours for Glastonbury seem to have disappeared.

You don't know just how pleased I am to have read that!! <hugs Dave> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
So yer kid bruv will be pleased, I assume? Every cloud...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Dave Whelan wrote:
Sexygoth wrote:

So yer kid bruv will be pleased, I assume? Every cloud...
yep!! you know the score matey mate

that and I really wanted to see the Cure, as everyone else who cares knows about how bad I really want to see them ................................
Only a paand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sexygoth wrote:that and I really wanted to see the Cure, as everyone else who cares knows about how bad I really want to see them ................................
...and now you can - at the Move festival in sunny Manchester. Well, it was last year. :D

Looks like Download is gonna be the one for me, given that I don't mind putting more cash in Metallica's pockets, AND of course The Stooges are on. :eek: :D 8)

AND of course a field full of metalheads is a very fine thing.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Here here Dave. I shall be there for Metallica. Very excited.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
lizzy32
Road Kill

Padstar wrote:Ide have gone to Download, but wont put any money in the pockets of Mattalica.

Paddy.
Paddy Get off that High horse :D I hate to say this but your metallica slagging is getting very boring, although can i have a date for leeds too cos i think we're going on the saturday too
i'm not intelligent enough to think of a witty one so i won't bother
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

What happened to Muse playing the Leeds Festival? Junior's not best pleased.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

randdebiel² wrote:werchter this year is quite good...we have the cure, bowie, the pixies, placebo....
i'm going!