Your Worst Gig

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

The first I can recall is Sex Gang Children at Nightmoves in Glasgow, early 80s.
Loadsa of skinheads looking for a fight, they eventually started one.
SGC were rubbish too.

I've never seen Motorhead on a good night, both times Glasgow Barrowlands.
An average metal band is the best I can say, sorry Mr. Kilminster.

Megadeth on their 'Rust In Peace' tour (Barrowlands). Pantera support, scary, but most excellent.
Then the mighty 'Deth' took the stage.
Had been waiting a long time to see them, what did I get?
Bare chested men of rawk in tight, white leather pants! truely awful.

Leftfield, again Barrowlands, they just failed to peak in any tune whatsoever.
A beat would get going, and you'd think here we go. We never did get to go.

Soundgarden (aye, same venue) banal is the best I can say.

Metallica, SECC c.93/4. Kirk Hamster should have been dragged offstage by the roadies for his appalling attempt at a guitar solo.
Needless to say, the fanatics down the front went mad for it.

Stopped going to heavy metal gigs after that.

Oh! there will be more, I warn ye, REPENT!!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thea
Overbomber

3 Colours Red at Sheff Leadmill. The band were fantastic but the croud were the most pretentious bunch of po-faced students on the planet. None of them even tried to dance. they all stood along the back wall trying to not spill their drinks :|
Silver_Owl
The Don

NEW ORDER 1986 - Tower Ballroom in Edgbaston.

I was only 16 and got the train over. I saw The Wonder Stuff and Happy Mondays and conscious of the fact that the last train was at 11.20 was getting worried when New Order still handn't appeared by 11. Waited until 12.30 (knowing I'd missed the train) and still no sign. I departed in a panic and ended up at 3 in the morning waiting for my Dad to pick me up (him having no idea of directions around Bham) and while waiting being accosted by several rent boys accusing me of stealing their turf.

Not a good night.
(The Wonder Stuff were good mind)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Steve303 wrote:NEW ORDER 1986 - Tower Ballroom in Edgbaston
That reminds me, New Order tour when Blue Monday had really taken off, Tiffany's Ballroom, Glasgow.
I think the word is shambolic.

And after the last post Steve303 will now be known as 'Rent Boy' or 'chicken'.

Thank you.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

Thanks mate. I made about £40 that night.
Picture me as Baldric - big bloke with beard: "Now, how much for a good hard s h a g?" Hee hee.

But yeah, New Order were in turn woeful and then beautiful. But always entertaining.

And also Mr Blast, I don't believe Kirk Handbag is capable of making mistakes. How dare you.

Rents.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Ye had to be there, Steve (sorry Rents) it was woeful/inept/has this man seen a guitar before/bad.
~ Peter Steele
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

Soul Asylum. Self explanatory really. Dragged along by a friend who suddenly had an extra ticket due to his friend giving him the "no go" hours before the concert.

j0hn.......
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

... and then ther wwas The Sisters Of Mercy. Good in the studio. Sh!te live. Sure I posted this earlier. Gremlins?

@Sunsets. Megadeth? Pantera? My turn to say 'Up the medication'.

@Steve. New Order? One tune, made a BIG difference. Happy Mondays. W. F. L. LOUDER THAN LOUD CAN BE. Even Mrs T will shake her booty to that one. Everything's Gone Green.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Harry, how much have you had to drink? Your posts are really hilarious.

JJ you catching Zodiac May 7 in NYC?
James Blast
Banned

@Thrash, a shake of the booty is mandatory, a shake of the boobies... well
~ Peter Steele
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

"JJ you catching Zodiac May 7 in NYC"

Hey BP. I've no idea who they are. Where's the concert??

j0hn.......
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Don Hills. Ever heard of it? Its on the west side south of midtown, which is where I'll be staying.
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

"Don Hills"

Ja, heard of the place but never been. I won't be able to check them out due to not being able to get off work for the gig. Though I managed to get the night before off to catch Justin Sullivan(New Model Army)at the Knitting Factory(great venue!). How long will you be in NYC?

j0hn.......
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Check your pm's JJ.
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote: And after the last post Steve303 will now be known as 'Rent Boy' or 'chicken'.
Thanks mate. I made about £40 that night.
Picture me as Baldric - big bloke with beard: "Now, how much for a good hard s h a g?" Hee hee.
Rent boy :lol: :lol:
I hear he's anyones for a turnip!!!
One life all I need
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I have two.........
Cradle of Pants at Norwich Waterfront (supported by Immolation and Ackercocke who were bloody brilliant). It was full of 12 year olds and all the girls screamed when Dani came on I was embarrassed to be female! I had to stay at the front on principle though as I wasn't gonna be pushed out of the way by 12 year old skaters.
......and All About Eve also at Norwich Waterfront. I went as a friend dropped out due to illness and it started off ok until the second song she stopped it halfway through because a FAN was trying to take a photo. She goes "please don't take pictures without asking" and I thought hang on that person has paid an extortionate amount to get in, has bought a t-shirt, got all your albums and you deny them a photo. BITCH! They're not even famous anymore....if you don't want people to look at you don't get on a stage :lol: :x :| :twisted: :roll: she was dancing around in a very twee way and i just thought go away and stop being so twee! flouncing around like a bloody fairy
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Cradle of Pants
And you expect sympathy?

I knew I'd seen that Harry 500 quid quote somewhere. I'm a respected historical figure fer chrissakes. I remember Hawkwind @ Stonehenge...
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

<sigh>

& there was me thoroughly enjoyed that COF gig...crap venue, mind you...& then again I *was* pissed...

Worst gig? Still the Mish in Leeds in '95, or was it '96 <shudder>
Queen of the mean!
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Guns N Roses - Maine road football ground..... they couldnt be arsed and it showed.

Fortunately we got Faith No More before so it wasnt a waste of money !

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:
And you expect sympathy?
oh no I don't I saw them before and they were okay. basically I went(and half of the alternative norwich community went) because it was a metal gig in norwich and they don't happen very often....oh and because i wanted to see Akercocke
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:

I'm a respected historical figure fer chrissake
don't you mean a well respected fictional character?? :innocent:
elguiri
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Alien sex Fiend/Specimen double header in Leeds 83..........Just didnt "Get It"........................whatever "It" was.............

Seem to remember some blokes head falling off , though.....

Or was Tetleys a known halluciengenic...........
"Very Elderly Bastard Groovy"
lizzy32
Road Kill

Padstar wrote:Guns N Roses - Maine road football ground..... they couldnt be arsed and it showed.

Fortunately we got Faith No More before so it wasnt a waste of money !

Paddy.
Got one Pads Guns N roses at milton keynes on the use your illuson tour they were utter pants, but we got the cult before who were awsome as usual
i'm not intelligent enough to think of a witty one so i won't bother
christophe
Overbomber

Mostly I don’t get too disappointed at a gig, I’m very easily satisfied. :)
But the worsted where probably the ones I expected the most of.
- Deftones they suck.
- Metallica, I can’t see why I ever was a fan.
- And a gig I went to last night of a band who’s name I forgot… I even forgot what the hell they playd. The beer was good though..
Another Shade of You.
Andie
Overbomber

Worst gig ever?...

jeese...i dunno...some of the above shows that you all have been to seem to ring bells...G'n'R certinally sucked my kiss at gateshead but Faith No More saved the day...as did Soundgarden in Glasgow Barrowlands...

old 80's bands form the most of the missed oppertunities selection...

most embarrassing night out...Toyah!!...nuff said!
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.