Albums you love but forget about until you find them again

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I am currently having one of those evenings when I am searching through my music collection for inspiration and so far I have found, well......re-unearthed(??) "Heartwork" by Carcass, "Mental funeral" by Autopsy, "Slowly we rot" by Obituary and ".......for victory" by Bolt Thrower so it's a bit of a 90's death metal fest in my flat at the mo', but I'm not embarrassed not one little bit! :oops: :innocent: (Had the p!ss taken throughout school etc..and rightly so you may think). BUT! My question is what albums do you possess that make you go "OH MY GOD THIS ALBUM IS BRILLIANT I HAVEN'T HEARD IT FOR AGES I FORGOT I HAD IT I MUST PUT IT ON NOW"?? Well.........? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

My Dying Bride - Spera Empyrium.....
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:My Dying Bride - Spera Empyrium.....
I'M NOT ALONE!!!!!!! :lol: :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:My Dying Bride - Spera Empyrium.....
I'M NOT ALONE!!!!!!! :lol: :wink:
Winter - Into Darkness
Count Raven - The Void
James Blast
Banned

Great selection from the Brideoffrankenstein Archive there. :notworthy:
Regularly stumbled upon albums at Blast Towers feature:
18 Wheeler - Year Zero
The Chameleons - Anything, Basically, Really (a CD of mp3s a certain administrator sent me) :innocent:
Faure - Requiem
The Clash - Super Black Market Clash
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Great selection from the Brideoffrankenstein Archive there. :notworthy:
:wink:
Izzy HaveMercy

ok! chat!!!
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:ok! chat!!!
wow i didn't think anyone else on here would be into those bands i listed to be honest! i also found myself looking through the metal cd's on ebay earlier for bolt thrower and carcass stuff i haven't got which is quite a bit actually!! Just put Autopsy on for the second time!
Izzy HaveMercy

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:ok! chat!!!
wow i didn't think anyone else on here would be into those bands i listed to be honest! i also found myself looking through the metal cd's on ebay earlier for bolt thrower and carcass stuff i haven't got which is quite a bit actually!! Just put Autopsy on for the second time!
OK! CHAT!

ad infin.

IZ.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Sorry Iz didn't know there was a proper chat place until a minute ago!!!
Izzy HaveMercy

and IN :-)
LostInNotts
Road Kill

Portishead - Dummy
Garbage - Garbage
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
The Stooges - Funhouse
Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
Fun Lovin Criminals - Come Find Yourself
Oasis - Definately Maybe
The Prodigy - Music For A Jilted Generation.

Nothing that Im expecting to get kudos for, some cheese, some classics, all over 5 years old and still find room to surprise me on repeat listens.

This is of course ignoring my sisters collection which gets a regular thrashing in a kindof repeat rotation :)
*Rebel Without A Clue*
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

The Look Of Love - The Burt Bacharach Collection. Had its first airing for a long time last night with Mrs T and a bottle of Vimto Calapso.

What's It All About, Frankie?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Dark metal?

Just drove to Wigan listening to My Dying Bride. Turn Loose the Swans, Gods of the Sun and Angel and the Dark River.

It seemed appropriate. And when I got there, it was.

Coming back was two new purchases: the Noise for Destruction EP, which was much better than expected, and Qntal III (thanks to Doomwolf for the recommendation). Plus 606 and similar sports-related excitement.

Question is, will Rubicon's What Starts, Ends ever become an album I rediscover and conclude is really great?

Answer is, no it won't. Because it's turgid crap.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
James Blast
Banned

Rubycon - Tangerine Dream
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

A few months ago i re-dicovered "Doubt" by Jesus Jones :)

mmmmmmm...
Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
James Blast
Banned

last night it was Immigrant - GLJ
~ Peter Steele
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Padstar wrote:A few months ago i re-dicovered "Doubt" by Jesus Jones :)

mmmmmmm...
Paddy.
A great album! Although I do prefer Perverse.

I listen to The Cure - Mixed Up about once a year and think "what a fantastic album" then don't listen to any Cure again until the next year. Just one of those bands I can't listen to repeatedly. Doesn't mean they're not great though.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Recent rediscoveries:
Stone Roses - Second Coming.
Tear Garden - Bouquet of black orchids.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Green Lantern wrote:Recent rediscoveries:
Stone Roses - Second Coming.
Tear Garden - Bouquet of black orchids.
I mentioned "2nd Coming" in the "Currently Listening" thread on Friday; it must be the first time I've listened to that album in at least three years. I'd truly forgotten how good it is.

There are some things I find in my record collection from time to time that I forgot I even owned :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

I listened to a Cubanate CD for the first time in years on Saturday. On Sunday morning I had the worst migraine of my life. Coincidence? I think not!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hallucienate wrote:I listened to a Cubanate CD for the first time in years on Saturday. On Sunday morning I had the worst migraine of my life. Coincidence? I think not!
did you feel your body burn?

:roll:

saw 'em supporting sheep on drugs years ago - before they had anything released - and they were dreadful. :lol:

the singer was quite an imposing figure though - 6ft odd dressed in biker leather, shouting his head off... :urff:

...until my mate told me that he knew him and had gone around to his house the week before and spoken with him, and he was wearing a fluffy dressing gown at the time :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
hallucienate wrote:I listened to a Cubanate CD for the first time in years on Saturday. On Sunday morning I had the worst migraine of my life. Coincidence? I think not!
did you feel your body burn?

:roll:
Body Burning (and i didn't even make it to that track), body freezing, throwing up, you name it, I had it.

They played in SA once, but I never went to see them, they weren't worth the trip to JHB, my friend got me a signed poster from the gig.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

the wedding album. found it the other week
Goths have feelings too
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I am currently having one of those evenings when I am searching through my music collection for inspiration and so far I have found, well......re-unearthed(??) "Heartwork" by Carcass, "Mental funeral" by Autopsy, "Slowly we rot" by Obituary and ".......for victory" by Bolt Thrower so it's a bit of a 90's death metal fest in my flat at the mo', but I'm not embarrassed not one little bit! :oops: :innocent: (Had the p!ss taken throughout school etc..and rightly so you may think). BUT! My question is what albums do you possess that make you go "OH MY GOD THIS ALBUM IS BRILLIANT I HAVEN'T HEARD IT FOR AGES I FORGOT I HAD IT I MUST PUT IT ON NOW"?? Well.........? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Venom "Black Metal"

:notworthy:
Hell is other people