JR vs Mozzer

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

I thought they both were excellent.

A face to face interview with an Icon? I haven't seen better in decades.
(Ali vs Parkinson, springs to mind)
Score draw on home turf.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

What a beautiful and lovely man. I'm not sure he particularly liked JR though - he saw through the facade.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh b*llocks I forgot. I was in the pub.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Good combination of serious and stupid from both of them.

Mozz managed to show in just a few minutes just how vacuous most of today's celebs/'stars' are- and just how scared all of them seem to have become of saying anything even slightly controversial (if they can think of anything worthwhile to say in the first place).
'I just don't like people'- and he obviously means it.

Can't wait to see him at the Move festival this summer.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Gripper wrote:
Mozz managed to show in just a few minutes just how vacuous most of today's celebs/'stars' are- and just how scared all of them seem to have become of saying anything even slightly controversial (if they can think of anything worthwhile to say in the first place).
'I just don't like people'- and he obviously means it.
yeah i saw a documentary on him on tv a couple of months ago. i would definately agree with you there :D
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Off to watch it now. Missed it yesterday. Stayed up especially tonight.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Al
Road Kill

I was disappointed with the interview last night.

I was never a big fan of the smiths, but as time went on i have grown to appreciate them.

However, I feel that morrissey has a big story to tell, and for his first interview in 16 years to descend into a Jonathon Ross popularity contest was a big waste.

Suppose we will have to wait for the biography then. It will be the best music read since "Names are for the tombstones".....(argue it merits here!)
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Dull as dishwater. Nice M&S slacks tho.
James Blast
Banned

Al wrote:a Jonathon Ross popularity contest was a big waste.
Lighten up AI, it wasn't:von: FFS! :eek:

I thought JR pulled a fantastic interview out of a long dormant volcano.
Last edited by James Blast on 16 May 2004, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Al
Road Kill

being a sucker for a bit of gossip, I just cant help thinking that JR could have been a bit probing, instead of his usual gag-whoring self.
James Blast
Banned

Good call Ai
but I felt JR brought him out of his 'Morrisseyness' if you know what I mean- the glum, miserable, everyone hatse me ar$e he really is.

Performing monkies beat seals every time.
~ Peter Steele
Al
Road Kill

fair point
Silver_Owl
The Don

Al wrote:fair point
:eek: I think not.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Al
Road Kill

why?
Silver_Owl
The Don

I will not have a bad word said against 'His Mozzness'. The public perception of him is tainted by the words of his songs. He is a genuinely shy and retiring man, not a miserable arse. He has refused to play the media game throughout his career and for that he deserves respect.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Steve303 wrote:He has refused to play the media game throughout his career
So why was he on the show? Cos his publicist said he had to? Cos he wants to sell more records? Cos he wants to be adored? I'm afraid I've got more respect for the likes of Will Young than for the worst kind of intellectual snob who pretends not to be playing the game.
flowersdie
Road Kill

Didn't see the JR interview myself, but....

Apparently Mozz slagged off David Bowie big time (however this was cut from the final interview shown).

I always think Morrissey comes across better in print then on TV. (e.g the south bank show smiths doc and the importance of being morrissey from earlier this year). The NME interview was hilairious! very catty!
I never saw you again
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Believe he's still bitter from when he supported Bowie.

Think he thought everything revolved around David too much
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
biggy

Some of you lot must have been watching something different to me . What I saw was the worst interview/interviewee in the history of TV .
Jonathan Ross did amazingly well to keep the interview going so long .

Morrissey "no you can't call me Steven" is completely obsessed with his own self importance and judging from the strained vocal performance his obsession is completely unwarranted .

Absolutely abysmal , the bloke was upset at someone "doing him" on stars in their eyes for gods sake .
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

Yip, it deserves mentioning here, too. He was an arrogant tosser and everything i'd ever thought of the self important prick was confirmed in this interview.

Surprises me how so many Sisters fans tolerate this man it really does :eek:

Anyway Biggy :notworthy:
Guided by the light and by the catholic monochrome
James Blast
Banned

reverberater wrote:Surprises me how so many Sisters fans tolerate this man it really does
So Mr. E would have acquitted himself better?

<-----no Stephen Morrissey fan, BTW
~ Peter Steele
Gripper

I've now got tickets to see him in Manchester this Saturday....

Personally, I'm looking forward to him being 'obsessed with his own self importance' and a 'strained vocal performance' is the best we ever get from our rock gods these days...

Mozz in the humungodome is better than no Mozz at all.
"Von in the humungodome is better than no Von at all." Discuss.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
James Blast
Banned

Gripper wrote:"Von in the humungodome is better than no Von at all." Discuss.
When? I'll go if'n it's UK.

Mohammed/Mountain interfaces don't work for me. :roll:
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Well Morrissey has got you lot talking about something happening "now" at least :twisted: (meant to be ironic)

Allways loved the Smiths and at least most of his own output - as said somewhere up there before, at least everyone has an opinion on him.

Personally loved the fact that he got JR asking to be his friend and basically said f*ck off....

OK, he's trying to sell a record harder than ever before, but really doubt AE would have the bottle to go for it like Mozz has these days - and that would be a challenge I'd love to be proven wrong with...(but not holding my breath)...........ever

The single has made No 3 in the "charts" too - whatever they are.... :D
James Blast
Banned

Zuma wrote:bottle
That's the chap I was searching for, good call Sir!
~ Peter Steele