Mostly travelling to ...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Flying to Moscow tomorrow for 10 days behind what's left of the Iron Curtain.

Haven't been over there since Soviet days - when I briefly passed through an emerging independent Estonia, among others - so I'm fascinated to see what's different now.

Weekend in Moscow, catching up with an old friend, then during the week I'm heading north into the Karelian countryside. Lots of forest and lakes and local colour (in a non-patronising way, if that makes sense).

Back to Moscow for a second weekend, which will feature vodka and the early stages of Euro 2004, then on to London and light drizzle.

If all goes well I'm doing the Trans-Mongolian railway next year. Moscow-Yekaterinburg-Irkutsk/Baikal-Ulaan Baatur-Beijing. :D

If all goes badly I'll be exiled to Novaya Zemlya and forced to eat radioactive lichen. :urff:

Other than that, I've got a weekend break planned near Salisbury - quiet country pub, real ale, good food, short stagger to bed. And if I'm (un)lucky my boss will spring for me to go watch some football in Northern Sweden.

So what's everyone else doing for summer hols? If you don't answer I'll scan my holiday snaps and post them all when I come home :D :oops:
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

hope you have a real cool time. sounds like it's gonna be fun :D
Goths have feelings too
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

andymackem wrote:
If all goes well I'm doing the Trans-Mongolian railway next year. Moscow-Yekaterinburg-Irkutsk/Baikal-Ulaan Baatur-Beijing. :D
wow you lucky thing! i've always wanted to do that! always wanted to go to russia too! not really interested in going to spain with the blue rinse brigade and all that bollox!

Hopefully I am going to Amsterdam this summer and am looking forward to seeing Anne Franks house.

Have fun! *goes green with envy*

:lol: :lol: 8) :notworthy:
Debaser
Overbomber

Today I will be mostly travelling to.....LAHNDAN
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Hopefully I am going to Amsterdam this summer and am looking forward to seeing Anne Franks house.
Funnily enough I'm going to Amsterdamage :innocent: too. Weds 7th July to Sat 10th.
:innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

The Isle of Skye for the weekend. A former work colleague wants to see this - http://www.futureforests.com/halloffame ... photos.asp

8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Hopefully I am going to Amsterdam this summer and am looking forward to seeing Anne Franks house.
Funnily enough I'm going to Amsterdamage :innocent: too. Weds 7th July to Sat 10th.
:innocent:
blimey we'll overlap! well kinda I should be going on July 13th or 14th
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I too am going on the 12th - 14th as a superb band are playing the Paradiso!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Big Si
School Bully

Big Si wrote:The Isle of Skye for the weekend. A former work colleague wants to see this - http://www.futureforests.com/halloffame ... photos.asp

8)
Probably not, one of his old friends has just died! :(
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Turkey for two weeks on Monday
Give me one good reason
Andie
Overbomber

Benidorm...

nuff said??? :roll:
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Vancouver for 3 weeks from 5th July! Yay!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
James Blast
Banned

Work-Offy-Home x5
Home-Destination X-Offy-Home x1
nowhere x1
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Al
Road Kill

Big Si wrote:The Isle of Skye for the weekend. A former work colleague wants to see this - http://www.futureforests.com/halloffame ... photos.asp

8)
Respect to him.

Never been to skye, but it is meant to be a mental place to go if you want to drink and drive! :idea: :twisted: :evil:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Al wrote:Never been to skye, but it is meant to be a mental place to go if you want to drink and drive! :idea: :twisted: :evil:
yeah what a mental idea :roll:
drinking and driving :roll:
how cool :x
Al
Road Kill

Calm down Bride.

Why is it allways the uptight who get a bit uppity at a throwaway comment.

Hoevever, it's true. They are nuts up in the islands. not many police and not much public transport - so if you want to go to the pub, then someone has to drive.

How do people get back home?

You figure, but I bet that "boyfriend, snakes, tarantulas, scorpion, giant african land snail, nile monitor and fish" all keep their seatbelts on.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Al wrote: Why is it allways the uptight who get a bit uppity at a throwaway comment.
Yes you're correct I am uptight about drink drivers and I don't think jokes about it are funny especially when one of my best mates was killed by one.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Wasn't that you getting uppity about a throwaway comment re: potting Fat Bob, Al? :lol:

Travelling plans - bloody NOWHERE, they won't let me on the 'plane!
Queen of the mean!
Al
Road Kill

Thats very true Carrie, dont know why I even let that get to me last night as I can take or leave the Cure, must have been the blue label vodka.

And no, I didn't drive home.

Apologies to all.
Big Si
School Bully

Al wrote:

8)
Respect to him.

Never been to skye, but it is meant to be a mental place to go if you want to drink and drive! :idea: :twisted: :evil:
Ended up eaten by midges on Loch Lomond instead! :evil:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
rian
Slight Overbomber

Moscow is really cool. I was there 15 years ago, and really like to go again.

but......

Tomorrow off to Mallorca for a week, filled with sun and drinks. :)
I think someone set my soul alight
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
Al wrote:

8)
Respect to him.

you really don't like little flying bug things do you? :wink:
Big Si
School Bully

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Big Si wrote:
Al wrote: Respect to him.

you really don't like little flying bug things do you? :wink:
You ever experienced them? :evil: But being bitten by them isn't as bad as having to listen to "The m*****n"! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Tuscan Chimaera
Amphetamine Filth

Having lived and worked there in a professional capacity, my professional view is that Moscow is a dump.

Propaganda is probably still the most bearable evening establishment to frequent if you would like a relatively clean evening out with lots of pretty Russian girls who aren't too obviously interested in your passport.

Exxile makes for the best reading. Your friends will know it.
mh
Above the Chemist

I wanna go to Antarctica
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.