You can never have enough shades....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

God damn, i used to do this myself in the late 80's early 90's....

You just HAD to carry a spare pair in case you lost/broke one.....

http://www.cgm.pl/2003_obraz_dzwiek/zdj ... 0ton01.jpg

The past was so bright.....i had to wear shades!!!
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
James Blast
Banned

nice pic Sir!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
claws
Amphetamine Filth

In that picture he reminds me of Professor Farnsworth from the cartoon show "Futurama"
We are coming down but we will never, never land
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Gonna get shot down in flames for this, but there is a hint of Tom Hanks in Philladelphia......

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I wonder how many pairs of shades he actually owns/has owned?

And while we're on the subject of sunglasses, I've just ordered some of these. Clicky.

The top pair with the black lenses.

:innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I wonder how many pairs of shades he actually owns/has owned?

And while we're on the subject of sunglasses, I've just ordered some of these. Clicky.

The top pair with the black lenses.

:innocent:

When "corrosion" was released he owned about 30 pairs according to
an interview at that time.
I m obsessed with the classic aviator rayban s :oops: :oops:
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

claws wrote:In that picture he reminds me of
... the oldest swinger in town.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Thrash Harry wrote:
I dont know, have you seen Mr Hussey's picture lately?
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

Chairman Bux wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:
Yes, but he's not allowed in town, or even past the crossroads except after dark is he?
Big Si
School Bully

Thrash Harry wrote:
That was my pal Big Malccy, but he got married just before xmas! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Chairman Bux wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:
But he always looked like the oldest swinger in town. Eldritch used to be cool personified. In that picture he looks like Eminem's dad.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

Nah, he just looks like they turned the heating off.

He's never liked the cold you know.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

A review of a gig a few years ago puts it perfectly...
"Eldritch looks more like a Dagenham ecstasy dealer these days"

Still, fair play to him, each to their own & all that. 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Thea
Overbomber

he still looks cool. in a "crazy old bloke that ate his buspass" way :? kinda.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

That was well over a year ago. These days I predict it's bermudas and hawaiishirts all the way, or whatever hermites prefer.

I'd still want to see Von in a chalk-striped suit, with a ukulele.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:I dont know, have you seen Mr Hussey's picture lately?
Yup!

Note live setting and broken arm in full swing.

8)
James Blast
Banned

short hair comes to us all :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bump. My sunglasses have come! Or should I say my Julbo glacier goggles
The top pair. With the leather bridge-piece unfastened for added :von:
They're way cool. I'm as happy as a dog with two dicks.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EraserHead
Road Kill

Is it my eyesight, or has he got only one leg ?

Heck; keep me away from that Absinth please!
Eh!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EraserHead wrote:Is it my eyesight, or has he got only one leg ?

Heck; keep me away from that Absinth please!
*Edges away nervously*
—Bertrand Russell
Black Biscuit

The beanie resembles the type favoured by Public Enemy fans or homeless people in big American cities.

A closer look reveals the following: three lights used, all spots. (Good. Any more than three lights and it starts to get confusing.)

50mm lens at around /2.8 or thereabouts for limited depth of field.

Main light to Eldo's left, camera right. Spotted a little too tightly. Contrasty images are nice, but this one pushes the contrast limits of the film by half a stop, I'd say.

Another spot set up just out of sight in the back left of the picture (Eldo's right) shines a light onto the arm chair against the back wall. (Why all the spots?)

Then there's a backlight designed to blow highlights. It illuminates Eldo's epaulettes and the rim around the top of his beanie. Aimed from Andy's right towards his back and camera right.

Eldo has used the same facial expression in every photo since 1989. Dunno if he looks comfortable in this pic, but it's that same-y facial expression all the time that gets to me. Hard angular light (cross-lighting) brings out contrast - and detail in fabrics, too - but is a killer on all but the best skin.

Try softer light in the foreground (like a softbox for a very 'clean' and even light) and save the hard spotlights for the background only.

Place the softbox high - put it on a boom arm. This will leave Andy in a circle of soft light, lit from above.

The area behind him, all the way to the back wall, will then be dark - so bring in some spots for it. Think "less light, not more (always!)". Pools of light and shadow is a nice effect, but this photo is only partly successful in its result. A couple of tight spots (to partially illuminate key detail in the background but not make it overbearing) would be ideal.

But anyway, what were these people thinking? "Eldo in his reading room under a desk lamp with a broken heater thermostat" look? "Sunglasses indoors in winter?"

The fact that Eldo subtly hams-it-up in photos has not escaped my eagle eye, but this is the weirdest one of the lot. Sorry, guys.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Francis
Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:The beanie resembles the type favoured by Public Enemy fans or homeless people in big American cities.

A closer look reveals the following: three lights used, all spots. (Good. Any more than three lights and it starts to get confusing.)

50mm lens at around /2.8 or thereabouts for limited depth of field.

Main light to Eldo's left, camera right. Spotted a little too tightly. Contrasty images are nice, but this one pushes the contrast limits of the film by half a stop, I'd say.

Another spot set up just out of sight in the back left of the picture (Eldo's right) shines a light onto the arm chair against the back wall. (Why all the spots?)

Then there's a backlight designed to blow highlights. It illuminates Eldo's epaulettes and the rim around the top of his beanie. Aimed from Andy's right towards his back and camera right.

Eldo has used the same facial expression in every photo since 1989. Dunno if he looks comfortable in this pic, but it's that same-y facial expression all the time that gets to me. Hard angular light (cross-lighting) brings out contrast - and detail in fabrics, too - but is a killer on all but the best skin.

Try softer light in the foreground (like a softbox for a very 'clean' and even light) and save the hard spotlights for the background only.

Place the softbox high - put it on a boom arm. This will leave Andy in a circle of soft light, lit from above.

The area behind him, all the way to the back wall, will then be dark - so bring in some spots for it. Think "less light, not more (always!)". Pools of light and shadow is a nice effect, but this photo is only partly successful in its result. A couple of tight spots (to partially illuminate key detail in the background but not make it overbearing) would be ideal.

But anyway, what were these people thinking? "Eldo in his reading room under a desk lamp with a broken heater thermostat" look? "Sunglasses indoors in winter?"

The fact that Eldo subtly hams-it-up in photos has not escaped my eagle eye, but this is the weirdest one of the lot. Sorry, guys.
*Edges away nervously*
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Black Biscuit

Francis wrote:
*Edges away nervously*
--- Good. I was planning on kicking your a--, anyway.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Francis
Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:--- Good. I was planning on kicking your a--, anyway.
:notworthy:

Tripods @ dawn then. :lol:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.