Euro 2004 predictions

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Let's make fools of ourselves

:wink:

I've so far predicted the quarter-finalists properly, but I can't prove that to anyone, can I? So I'll show you my future predictions, if you show me yours :wink:

England beat Portugal :D in QF
Holland qualify and beat Sweden in QF
Holland beat England in the semis :(

France beat Greece in QF
Czech Republic beat Denmark in QF
Czech Republic beat France in the semis :D

Czech Republic beat Holland in the final.

Any advance on that?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
rian
Slight Overbomber

MrChris wrote:Let's make fools of ourselves

:wink:

I've so far predicted the quarter-finalists properly, but I can't prove that to anyone, can I? So I'll show you my future predictions, if you show me yours :wink:

England beat Portugal :D in QF
Holland qualify and beat Sweden in QF
Holland beat England in the semis :(

France beat Greece in QF
Czech Republic beat Denmark in QF
Czech Republic beat France in the semis :D

Czech Republic beat Holland in the final.

Any advance on that?
Just a few corrections: Sweden QF, beats Holland
Sweden beats Czech in final. ;D

:innocent:
I think someone set my soul alight
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

QF:

Portugal - England 2-1
Sweden - Germany 2-1

Czech Republic - Denmark 3-1
France - Greece 2-0
-------------------------------------
SF:

Portugal - Sweden 2-2 (pen 5-3)
France - Czech Republic 2-1

Final: Portugal - France 3-2
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

France win the whole thing. Not sure how they get there, but that's how it ends.

And they're not even _that_ good, frankly. But everyone else is having a collective off-day.

Portugal? Past it. If they weren't hosting they'd be home by now.
Holland / Germany? Trading on reputation alone, bereft of the class of previous years.
England? Natural born quarter-finalists. The squad doesn't matter.
Greece? Yeah, right. See also Latvia, since they've not quite been knocked out yet.
Sweden / Denmark? Tough to beat, perhaps, but lacking class at the highest levels (sorry Rian).
Czech Rep? Only realistic rivals, but lack the big tournament experience as a nation and arguably as individuals. Plus, how can Jan Koller earn a Euro medal? That would be wrong.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Mrs. Snowey

Don't know about possible/probable scorelines, but all the papers can talk about round here is how much Wayne rooney's going to be worth at the end of it. I think the current figure being bandied about is £60m. :eek:

That's an awful lot of potatoes :twisted: :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

It's even more car radios, videos and dodgey CDs. :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey

Did you know his Nan has been given the month off from her job as a school dinner lady by the Lord Mayor so she can go and support him?

A few days later following this proclamation, she was interviewed in the Echo as saying she'd rather go and play Bingo :notworthy:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

looks like everyone's on target with Germany's exit (apart from Hojyuu-obi), so I'll add my prediction and jinx the whole thing:

QF:

England - Portugal 2-1
Holland - Sweden 3-0

Czech Republic - Denmark 1-0
France - Greece 2-0
SF:

England - Holland 2-1
France - Czech Republic 1-0

Final: England - France 1-0

and a further prediction - Michael Owen won't score a single goal for England. Ever.
dead stars

andymackem wrote: Portugal? Past it. If they weren't hosting they'd be home by now.
Oh, come on, you're not being fair.
(Yes, Portuguese here. Nevertheless, it was hard enough to qualify, I give you that.)
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Mrs. Snowey wrote:Did you know his Nan has been given the month off from her job as a school dinner lady by the Lord Mayor so she can go and support him?

A few days later following this proclamation, she was interviewed in the Echo as saying she'd rather go and play Bingo :notworthy:
Nana Roo. Destined to become a working class heroine. :notworthy:
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Oh dear..........LOL
Only a paand.
randdebiel²

QF:

Portugal - England 2-0
Sweden - Holland 3-1

Czech Republic - Denmark 3-2 (although I think this will be the hardest to guess)
France - Greece 2-0
SF:

Portugal - Sweden 3-2 (last minute goal)
France - Czech Republic 1-4

Final: Portugal - Czech republic 3-2 (after 120 minutes)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
randdebiel²

GO PORTUGAL!
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Nice to see the Germans out, anyway. And the coach has already resigned. I have to say, the Czechs look like a cracking outfit. Even their b team can rattle them in. Three games, nine points can be bad.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

dead inside wrote:
andymackem wrote: Portugal? Past it. If they weren't hosting they'd be home by now.
(Yes, Portuguese here. Nevertheless, it was hard enough to qualify, I give you that.)
I'm being perfectly fair ... the so-called "Golden Generation" is past its sell-by date, too many players are underperforming and they seem short of useful replacements.

Luckily, as I said before, England are natural born quarter-finalists, so you'll be alright tonight. Not good enough to win it, though. France, Czechs, Holland are all better.
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

QF:

England - Portugal 3-1
Holland - Sweden 3-2

Czech Republic - Denmark 2-0
France - Greece 2-0

-----
SF:
England - Holland 4-2
France - Czech Republic 2-1

-----
F:
England - France 1-2

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
randdebiel²

andymackem wrote:
dead inside wrote:
I'm being perfectly fair ... the so-called "Golden Generation" is past its sell-by date, too many players are underperforming and they seem short of useful replacements.

Luckily, as I said before, England are natural born quarter-finalists, so you'll be alright tonight. Not good enough to win it, though. France, Czechs, Holland are all better.
France? think away zidane (if he gets injured, just a bad game, or a red card), and the french are NOWHERE, the rest of the team is absolutely below par......
Holland? have you seen them playing? with a coach as advocaat only sheer luck can make them win....
now czechs...that's something else....
but the way I saw some of the portuguese playing (eg ronaldo)I wouldn't chance them off even against the czechs....
randdebiel²

andymackem wrote:
dead inside wrote:

France? think away zidane (if he gets injured, just a bad game, or a red card), and the french are NOWHERE, the rest of the team is absolutely below par......
Holland? have you seen them playing? with a coach as advocaat only sheer luck can make them win....
now czechs...that's something else....
but the way I saw some of the portuguese playing (eg ronaldo)I wouldn't chance them off even against the czechs....
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I just love how everybody agrees that
F***** will win Greece 2 - 0.
randdebiel²

I must admit I really hope it will be the other way around, but that's only possible if zidane can't play....
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Best of luck to Greece.... but i cant think they will have enough to pull of an upset.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Think it will be a nice open match against the Swedes. But the Dutch national team has underpreformed a bit IMHO. They did well to get where they are. Would be nce to play the host nation in the semi-final but I honestly think the Swedes probably have a better chance.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

andymackem wrote:England? Natural born quarter-finalists. The squad doesn't matter.
I'm seldom wrong about these things. France win tonight, inside 90 minutes (but not at 4/11, thanks!).
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

MrChris wrote:Let's make fools of ourselves

France beat Greece in QF
Greece 1, France 0

wow

well done Greece.