In Movies

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

in case you didn't know, there's a poster of the sisters of mercy logo in one of the halloween movies. it's either part 2, 4 or 5. i can't remember which. is anyone aware of this? the poster is on the wall of some guys bedroom. any other movies that feature the sisters in some way that you know of?

EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

also... in one of metallicas videos (wherever i may roam i think) kirk hammet is backstage wearing a sisters tshirt.
pretty cool.....
hippie-bullsh-t-hater
Road Kill

in a guns and roses video "you could be mine" the drummer wears a sisters shirt (the shirt with the date of the first sisters show on it), it can only be seen shortly twice
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Also, though i cant quote where, im sure ive seen Metallica's Kirk Hammet sproting a Sisters top....

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Alice Clucker
Road Kill

...and I'm sure one of the members of Lawnmower Deth is wearing a Sisters t-shirt in their 'Kids In America' video..... ;D
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

ok, the more i think about it the more i think i've lost the plot, probably...

watching a very very bad, recent movie, based on a much groovier cartoon (the reason i saw it was for buffy, pure 'n' simple (every time, la la lala, yeah...).)

anyway, when the mystery inc team are first on the plane the camera pans across the seats, and the first, for want of a better word, 'punk' is wearing a sisters shirt, i'm sure (well, not that sure :wink:...).

i, erm, need to know of some software for doing a screen capture of an mpg2 file, whistle whistle ho hum...

anyone?¿?¿ can premiere do it?¿?¿?
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

sisters of mercy are mentioned in an episode of south park. i cant remember which episode exactly. but there's a high school band playing and when they finish playing the singer says that they're music is a combo of sisters of mercy and some other band.

Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

On Jun 15, 2002 9:52pm, EricSweden wrote:
in case you didn't know, there's a poster of the sisters of mercy logo in one of the halloween movies. it's either part 2, 4 or 5. i can't remember which. is anyone aware of this? the poster is on the wall of some guys bedroom. any other movies that feature the sisters in some way that you know of?

Actually, the poster was in the 6th movie, but a close call anyway :smile:
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

cool....... halloween 6....... not h20 right ?
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

Maybe it will shock some people, but there was an episode of Beverly Hills 9034569382 (or something like that) which had a scene in a raunchy club, and the music that could be heared very loud was "Dominion"

How's that for a culture shock? :grin:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

On Jul 7, 2002 3:01pm, HisWimmNess wrote:
Maybe it will shock some people, but there was an episode of Beverly Hills 9034569382 (or something like that) which had a scene in a raunchy club, and the music that could be heared very loud was "Dominion"

How's that for a culture shock? :grin:
scary!

there was one episode i saw very early on where one of the characters was pretending to be 21 and they managed to get into a nightclub. the music in the background was gene loves jezabel's "motion of love" :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

it doesn't suprise me that the ex-drummer of guns n roses, matt sorum knows about the sisters. he used to play drums for the cult.

paddy: kirk wears a sisters shirt in one of the metallica videos.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i've seen the g'n'r video for "you could be mine". lots of live footage yeah?

that matt guy is wearing a sisters tee in that vid - the sisters 16.02.91 i think isnt it? :smile:

i haven't seen the metallica vid. what tee is it?
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

its just the regular star and head.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ahhh. old skool. i like it! :smile: :von:
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

ok i checked. its the wherever i may roam video.
old school? yeah.... hmm.. well the vid was shoot in 1992 so...

zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

On Jul 18, 2002 1:29am, Quiff Boy wrote:
i've seen the g'n'r video for "you could be mine". lots of live footage yeah?

that matt guy is wearing a sisters tee in that vid - the sisters 16.02.91 i think isnt it? :smile:

i haven't seen the metallica vid. what tee is it?
Actually it is 16.02.81
In the metallica video the guitarist wears an old head and star tshirt with Sisters of Mercy written, you can see it very clearly for about 2 seconds. Actually both tshirts are nice, i wouldn't mind having either of them.

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: Zigeunerweisen on Jul 18, 2002 10:16pm ]</font>
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

Sisters Poster in his bedroom...Bueller

Bueller

Bueller

Bueller

:lol:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

9while9 wrote:Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

Sisters Poster in his bedroom
indeed, and a very large one if i recall correctly, of FALAA
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

always found it strange that the sissies never featured in miami vice, knowing the vibe of their music and the tension in the streets of this narcotic city. and knowing that bands like the cure, the smiths, dead can dance, executive slacks, fields of the nephilim, ultravox and even the missies were included (the latter with their "i still believe in god, but god no longer believes in me" until the very last fade-out of the song!).
captaino
Road Kill

Even nowadays, some famous (?) people wearing Sisters shirts...
I was about 3 weeks ago at a show from a band called Katatonia and the the singer wear an old sisters t-shirt.
(nothing to do with the Sisters but the Gary Numan show yesterday in Paris was great...powerfull)
Finn
Road Kill

EricSweden wrote:sisters of mercy are mentioned in an episode of south park. i cant remember which episode exactly. but there's a high school band playing and when they finish playing the singer says that they're music is a combo of sisters of mercy and some other band.
yup, season 7 episode 14.. Raisins
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Temple Of Love included in Gegen die Wand...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0347048/combined
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

robertzombie
Overbomber

I heard the mumbles are often seen wearing Sisters shirts :innocent: