Reflections of the tube strike

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Tuscan Chimaera
Amphetamine Filth

You know during the Tour de France when you notice how hewn the cyclists' triceps and forearms look when they're pulling or pushing on the handlebars?

That's what mine look like. Cycling through London this morning due to the strike, I kept catching their reflection in passenger windows when I passed cars.

They are, without question, a pleasure to behold.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Isn't that called vainity? LOL
Only a paand.
Tuscan Chimaera
Amphetamine Filth

I am vain. And I am beautiful.
James Blast
Banned

Leave The Capital.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

Drive...

damnit...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I cycle to work every day. 4 miles there and 4 miles back!
My bike! :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Not Bad! BoF right on Sister!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Not Bad! BoF right on Sister!
Just got back on it today due to waiting for my tattoo to heal as I have to have a bag over my shoulder I didn't want it to rub the scabs off. Yep, you guessed it. IT RAINED! I got to work and looked like a dead transvestite, make up everywhere! :lol: :lol: Luckily I work in a chemist and got replacement make up off the stands :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

all I saw was dead transvestite, make up everywhere and chemist!
:eek:
~ Peter Steele
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

An observation on cyclists in the Wolverhampton area.....nowt to do with tubes as we aint go tany.....(impoverished midlands backwater and all)

TOO much lycra....why? grown men in dayglo lycra should be the reserve of the NWOBHM....(see kiss, saxon,stryper etc etc)

Road Tax? have cyclists ever heard of this? taking a cycling proficiency test at the age of 9 does NOT entitle an individual to FREE access to the roads that us dirvers pay a coupla hundred quid a year for...????

Traffic Lights??

Do they not apply to cyclists?

I know that if i approached a red light in me motor, and decided to mount the kerb, drive over the crossing in the oncoming traffic and then rejoin the correct traffic lane, I think i may be looking at a ban....

apparantly its okay if your you balls are encased in lycra!!!

where is the sense!

Phew, got that out,now where is the next post.......
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: I actually shouted at a cyclist the other day. Pulled up next to her, wound down the window, and yelled "Do red lights not count for you then?"

She just said "Nope!" flicked me the finger and rode off :lol: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

markfiend wrote::lol: I actually shouted at a cyclist the other day. Pulled up next to her, wound down the window, and yelled "Do red lights not count for you then?"

A girl after my own heart :lol:
I went through a red light today on a pedestrian crossing, beat a car from a standing start and beat the bus home.
Andie
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
markfiend wrote::lol: I actually shouted at a cyclist the other day. Pulled up next to her, wound down the window, and yelled "Do red lights not count for you then?"

A girl after my own heart :lol:
I went through a red light today on a pedestrian crossing, beat a car from a standing start and beat the bus home.

scary girl :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Helen Wheels

you need to be of a certain age to appreciate that
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

Helen, hell on wheels
Ain't nobody else gonna know the way she feels
Helen, hell on wheels
And they never gonna take her away.

EBG???
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
randdebiel²

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I cycle to work every day. 4 miles there and 4 miles back!
me too, and all the way up, all the way baxck, down (ah well, most of the days on the way back I do a bit extra to get a nice hill to go up too :) )
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I cycle to work every day. 4 miles there and 4 miles back!
me too, and all the way up, all the way baxck, down (ah well, most of the days on the way back I do a bit extra to get a nice hill to go up too :) )
There's no such thing as a nice hill! Except when you're going down it of course :lol: . There's a killer hill along the cliffs here, nearly vertical been trying to get up it recently.....and so far managed half way. There comes a time when you're standing on your pedals and you just can't go up any further and you start to go backwards. Back brake quick!!! :D 8)