GREECE

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It hurts my heart, but i must say this:

CONGRATULATIONS TO GREECE FOR THE VICTORY.

It was a great cup and i think was very positive for Portugal, not only for the football but also for the country.

We had here lots of colours, lots of ppl, lots of fun, was great.I'm gonna miss all this. The cities will be again very calm.
Hope that all that were here enjoyed the stay.

But be ready... Mundial Cup will belong to Portugal. :twisted: :twisted:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Hedging you bets????.... theres a few minutes to go yet!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

They think its all over....
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

It is now!!!!

All join hands and shout... GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECE.

Seriously though... congratulations to Greece..

Comiserations to Portugal who put on a great tournament....

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

SHKOSE TO
TO GAMHMENO
DEN MPORO DEN MPORO
NA PERIMENO

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

More tommorow lads

now it s party time :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Rock on GrEEcE. I've never seen such a totally focused team. Big in defence, and cool enough to take chances. Winnaz.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

With Mr Hansen about, Greece reminded me of a cross between a Liverpool win 1-0 team and a germanic work ethic.

@ Nikos - :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

@ Moonie - :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

The streaker got it wrong. He had clothes on.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

snubnoseuk wrote:The streaker got it wrong. He had clothes on.
Yeah, but what an effort regardless. Chucks his Barca flag at the infidel, then wangs himself into the back of the net. Pure class. Thank Grud for Portuguese TV cameras, who obviously DON'T think pitch invasions should be censored. :notworthy: :notworthy:
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Dave Whelan wrote:
snubnoseuk wrote:The streaker got it wrong. He had clothes on.
Yeah, but what an effort regardless. Chucks his Barca flag at the infidel, then wangs himself into the back of the net. Pure class. Thank Grud for Portuguese TV cameras, who obviously DON'T think pitch invasions should be censored. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Yeah, replays as well 8)
Francis
Overbomber

It must be a good time to be a plate-seller in Athens. :lol:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
mh
Above the Chemist

Or crowbars...
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
hallucienate
Overbomber

I bet a lot of greeks won't be sitting down for a few days.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

well well

despite the fact that the whole nation feels proud and strong which
is at least ridiculous,
there s a verry happy feeling all over the country which is very
nice if you consider that the Greeks are very miserable.

Got a bit tired of seeing everyone wearing a shirt with the greek
flag on it though.

Anyway what the team did is unbelievable
they deserve it
As for Charisteas a few years ago the people used to add a
silent A and R on his name.. which then meant USELESS..
now he is Aggelos which means ANGEL
Irony ee??
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Big congrats to the Greeks: at last a team at the top level has re-introduced tackling into professional football.

After about 10 years of nobody daring to challenge a player who runs towards them, Greece have remembered that it's possible to win the ball without conceding a foul - even if the player in possession falls over!

Hopefully this means the Emperor's New Clothes merchants of the Premiership (and yes, Cristiano Ronaldo, I mean you so much) will realise that attacking football is about more than running quickly, attempting a flashy trick and falling over once you're stuck up a blind alley.

In an ideal world we will see players who have applied, practical skills emerge to combat the Greek school of pro-active defending. Then we might see an end to the over-hyped show-ponies that litter the Premiership and get pundits wetting their knickers over a weekly stepover and two goals a season. Among the England squad, it should mean the end for the likes of Joe Cole and Keiron Dyer - and not a moment too soon in either case.

And don't tell me Greece were negative or cynical. Did you see them time-wasting? Did you see them roll around in theatrical agony every time they lost the ball? Nope, that was Italy getting what they richly deserved with a group phase exit. Greece played it hard and fair, and the so-called giants of the game couldn't cope. When they had the ball they worked hard to use it properly (except for stoppage time in the final, when I think any team can be forgiven for hoofing clear at any opportunity); when they didn't have the ball they tracked back like demons to retrieve it.

Moment of the final for me: Charisteas, 10 yards from his own area, in the right hand channel, making a slide tackle on the tearful performing seal from Old Trafford. When did you last see a big-name centre-forward back there, and winning possession for his team.

Good skills, Greece. Well played, and enjoy the party. Sorry I wrote you off two weeks ago, but how the hell did you lose to Russia?

Portugal: bad luck, but I did say they weren't good enough. Just didn't expect them to get the chance to lose to the Greeks a second time.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G