Debaser...Killers!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andie
Overbomber

Just back from the Killers show @ London Astoria and it was incredible...

i saw them on Tuesday night in Colchester and they were hot but the audience was cold which made me wonder what the London show would be like...nothing wrong with me on performance from them...they kicked London all over the place...

and now they've announced a follow up to their 2 V2004 dates with a Forum show... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

GET IN!!
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

Think Ness has got just one more big sleep before this monkey goes to heaven
Guided by the light and by the catholic monochrome
Francis
Overbomber

Should I be paying attention? Bought the Pixies first just to find out what the Debaser was all about. Less than impressed. Ok, so I'm an old git but my youngest (15 year old) son wasn't impressed either. "Another bass line intro..." :( Help! I get by with a little from my friends. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Debaser
Overbomber

Francis wrote:Should I be paying attention? Bought the Pixies first just to find out what the Debaser was all about. Less than impressed. Ok, so I'm an old git but my youngest (15 year old) son wasn't impressed either. "Another bass line intro..." :( Help! I get by with a little from my friends. :wink:
Aye but remember when that 'another bass line intro' was first released....

it don't matter if you like them or not....one less person to stand in my way ;)

Ah yes...Killers missed their Leadmill gig on Friday as I was phaffing about with Robert Smith on a cricket pitch.

I gotta find a venue in Lincoln for them to play - they want to come back but the last venue is now too small!!
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

Francis wrote: Ok, so I'm an old git :
As if I'd bring age into it.. :D my 18 year old doesn't like The Pixies (but he collects Dr Who vids...) and my 21 year old does. It's a funny old world.
Francis
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:my 18 year old and my 21 year old
Bloody hell! You must have discovered the secret of eternal youth. :wink:
:lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

I actually fibbed...Number One Son is not 21......

for another 5 days...
Francis
Overbomber

And I just remembered another reason I bought the Pixies first album. Didn't Nirvana rip off one of their song for Teen Spirit? Or is that just idle gossip?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nirvana directly ripped off killing joke's "80s" for "come as you are"...

they ripped off the feel of the pixies for the rest of that "nevermind" album. nirvana basically lifted wholesale the whole "quiet bit, noisey bit" song structure thing that the pixies pioneered :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Francis
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:nirvana directly ripped off killing joke's "80s" for "come as you are"...
:eek: I think you might have to explain that to me. Can't see it myself. But then I can olny really remember the chorus to 80s and Come as you are is probably my favourite Nirvana track.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"come as you are" bassline/intro = "80s" bassline/intro slowed down ;)
Francis
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:"come as you are" bassline/intro = "80s" bassline/intro slowed down ;)
I'll have to get back to you on that after I've consulted my musical adviser. :lol:

And surely the slow bit/ fast bit - quiet bit/ noisy bit had been done many times before. New Model Army's Vengeance springs to mind. Not to mention Temple Of Love. :)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i seem to recall killing joke took nirvana ro court over the riff. and IIRC part of nirvana's defence was that they had never heard of killing joke :roll: to which i seem to recall the chap who ran the official killing joke fan club produced a christmas card sent to the band from one kurt cobain, circa 1986

:lol:

cant actually remember my source for that tidbit of info, but i hope that its true, because its very very funny :lol: :notworthy:
Francis
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i seem to recall the chap who ran the official killing joke fan club produced a christmas card sent to the band from one kurt cobain, circa 1986
Is that why he topped himself? Couldn't handle the shame of being exposed as a christmas card sender. :innocent:
hallucienate
Overbomber

Francis
Overbomber

No-one likes a smartarse Hal. :wink:

hallucienate
Overbomber

Francis wrote:No-one likes a smartarse Hal. :wink:

:roll: :roll:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

thats the fella 8) :lol:
Andie
Overbomber

Melody Maker...

wow...old times...fave times...sadly gone...fondly missed
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I just found out The Killers are playing NYC in mid-August; I've only heard (but like) the one song on the radio ("Somebody Told Me" or whatever it's called)--do y'all think it's worth shuffling along, school night though it is?
Debaser
Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:I just found out The Killers are playing NYC in mid-August; I've only heard (but like) the one song on the radio ("Somebody Told Me" or whatever it's called)--do y'all think it's worth shuffling along, school night though it is?
They are indeeeeedy, Monday the 16th? Aug - Bowery Ballroom...the night before the Libertines....have tix.

To avoid untimely demise of said band, have got someone else to order tix.....I'm seriously beginning to worry about travelling to see bands abroad (I've just killed off a New York Doll by the way...)

Let me know if you are going to go CP...will meet up (if you want) hopefully will be accompanied by another Forumite J.j...and some other buddies.
Debaser
Overbomber

Oh and YES deffo worth going out on a school night.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

You've sold me. :von:
Debaser
Overbomber

Will make sure I wear my 'MyHeartland ' tee shirt then.

Can't wait.
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

I secured myself a ticket. And if we get out early enough I'm dragging those interested to either punk rock/heavy metal karaoke(backed by a full band)which always promises to be a highly amusing experience or to "Alchemy" at the CBGBs Lounge for a poorly attended "goFFik" night that we can literally take over and make it our own scene.

j0hn.......