Digital cameras

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I would like to purchase a 256mb memory card for my digital camera. Are all memory cards compatible(sp?), with all cameras? I've got a Praktica DCZ 4 VR :? . I've got a 16mb card at the moment my friend gave me and it's an SD memory card whatever that means :?
hallucienate
Overbomber

You get different types of flash memory, so you need to get the one that works for your camera. The best thing to do is to go along to a computer/camera shop with you camera and memory and say "I'd like 256 megs of this, please!". Then test it in the shop before you leave.

My camera take compact flash (type 1) and my phone takes MMC, it'd be cool if they were compatable but you can't have everything.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Cheers!
I was thinking of getting one of eBay as they tend to be alot cheaper than in the shops. Think I probably will go in a shop now!
hallucienate
Overbomber

you could always go to the shop, make sure it works, then order it off ebay :innocent:
hallucienate
Overbomber

If you camera uses SD (secure digital) then it's a fair bet that any SD memory (once formatted) will work for you camera, just make sure the camera supports 256 meg cards.
hallucienate
Overbomber

...and while I'm on the subject, make sure you get a good warranty. Flash RAM has a limited lifecycle, my last one lasted only 18 months and had a 12 month warranty :( . My new card has a 5 year warranty :)
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:you could always go to the shop, make sure it works, then order it off ebay :innocent:
:lol: :notworthy: