jude law to play ian curtis?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah I heard about this.
mrs markfiend wrote:Ian Curtis was hardly your archetypal blonde haired, blue eyed, 6 packed Notting Hill lovey was he? Jude Law's really looking forward to it so he can do some singing and really show what he can do - no mention of respect for Curtis like - just 'this is the part that'll make me huge' flannel.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

actually I even think there was a thread here a few months ago about that....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

there was a thread about the film but this was the first time i'd come across any casting news. i could have dug up the old thread but (a) i couldn't be arsed searching for it and (b) i thought a more provocative title might engender a better response.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

RicheyJames wrote:there was a thread about the film but this was the first time i'd come across any casting news. i could have dug up the old thread but (a) i couldn't be arsed searching for it and (b) i thought a more provocative title might engender a better response.
:lol:

i read about this on a fac mailing list last week.

jude's way too "pretty boy" and far too posh.

not sure who i'd suggest though. it would have to be an as-yet unknown newcomer as i cant think of anyone at the moment who could pull it off. yer man from "24 hour pary people" was good though :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

That's like casting Joan Fontaine to play Jane Eyre: ridiculous.

Of course, the counter is that Timothy Dalton played the most convincing Mr Rochester in the history of cinema, and he's not exactly hideous, now is he?

The comparison being that both Joan Fontaine and Timothy Dalton were pretty actors cast to play plain--or even ugly--characters. Jude Law's challenge is to make his physical appearance irrelevant to the audience in the context of the character. Dunno if he can pull it off. I saw him on Seventh Street while he was filming Alfie, and the man is damn pretty. I envied his suit, and he's not even my type. Anyway.
James Blast
Banned

Damn you all! I just posted Plank Of Wood To Play Ian Curtis
s'OK it's deleted now :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

I have always thought and - if my memory serves me well - that was Karin who also mentioned it here: Rowan Atkinson should play Ian Curtis.
Debaser
Overbomber

or....it might have been me ;)
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

That will be c*ap
And yes, that's my intelligent argument!
Only a paand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!
and that's my intelligent argument
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Nice to know I've got someone on the same wavelength. Ello there BOF!!!!
Only a paand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

'Ello SG!!!! :D
pikkrong
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:or....it might have been me ;)

well, now it seems to me that was you :oops:
sorry :oops: :wink:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I read about this in the paper today. It made me laugh as it said that there would be extensive music by Moby featured. I thought it was a film about Joy Division..? :? :roll:
Mrs. Snowey

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I read about this in the paper today. It made me laugh as it said that there would be extensive music by Moby featured. I thought it was a film about Joy Division..? :? :roll:
Oh lordy no; that would be far too depressing for the punters. ;D

Or at least, the ones the marketing departments would like to believe the film is being aimed at.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

Hollywood kills creativity pt#4,874 Mrs.S :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
randdebiel²

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I read about this in the paper today. It made me laugh as it said that there would be extensive music by Moby featured. I thought it was a film about Joy Division..? :? :roll:
his very bad cover of new dawn fades doesn't really leaves a lot of room for hope...
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....