Is Andrew Dead?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Does anyone have any proof otherwise? Just what the f**k is going these days!
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

Methedrome wrote:Does anyone have any proof otherwise? Just what the **** is going these days!

No, Andrew isn't dead, only his interest in making music. :von:
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
Thea
Overbomber

he's undead isn't he?
doesn't explain his recent fashion choices though....
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Steady Methedrome. I hate to see people crack under the pressure.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I'd always assumed he'd crawled so far up his own arse he couldn't find his way back.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
aaron_quinton
Banned

c'mon, were he really dead the new album would be released, as he probally has something in his will that says that is the only condition on which new material may come out, but let's please not joke about things we may regret.... :?
James Blast
Banned

it's an over 40s thing, trust me on this one Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:it's an over 40s thing, trust me on this one Image
I have to agree with this. Although I'm not close to 40 (Ok, closer than I want to admit), your priorities shift when you get older. I can't imagine that too many people want to prance about on stage in tight leather pants as they ease themselves into retirement age. Or maybe some do. But it's obvious Andrew doesn't want to do that anymore. And I respect someone who does exactly what they want to do instead of what others wish they would do. I'm sure that if he put out an album now it would be sub-par since his heart wouldn't be in it. Then again, if he were offered a tidy sum of money... :von:
claws
Amphetamine Filth

shall we assume he's alive as long as his homepage is up?
We are coming down but we will never, never land
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

claws wrote:shall we assume he's alive as long as his homepage is up?
Or maybe it's still up because he's dead and no one else knows the password to change/delete/update it.

However, my bet is still placed firmly on a priority shift.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

CtrlAltDelete wrote:Then again, if he were offered a tidy sum of money... :von:
Hasn't someone already mentioned on here that Andrew is (relatively) minted? An ex-pat LA based record-biz insider who said he actually had his head screwed on from the money making perspective quite early on? (Someone else must have put their hand in their sky rocket for the drugs ... :innocent: ) Why else did he start claiming songwriting/production credits at an early stage? And the resultant royalties.

Which is why he'd be happy to do an album for a £250k advance, whereas Mr Whammy wants to hold out for the whole nine yards. Andrew doesn't have to work again. Ever. Enough to cover the fags and catfood bill and he's happy.

Sad. But true. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Andy TG
Overbomber

aaron_quinton wrote:c'mon, were he really dead the new album would be released, as he probally has something in his will that says that is the only condition on which new material may come out, but let's please not joke about things we may regret.... :?
IF that is the case, perhaps he should fake his own death - like "Reginald Perrin" so WE would finally get a bloody album! ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

JB wrote:
CtrlAltDelete wrote:Then again, if he were offered a tidy sum of money... :von:
Hasn't someone already mentioned on here that Andrew is (relatively) minted? An ex-pat LA based record-biz insider who said he actually had his head screwed on from the money making perspective quite early on? (Someone else must have put their hand in their sky rocket for the drugs ... :innocent: ) Why else did he start claiming songwriting/production credits at an early stage? And the resultant royalties.

Which is why he'd be happy to do an album for a £250k advance, whereas Mr Whammy wants to hold out for the whole nine yards. Andrew doesn't have to work again. Ever. Enough to cover the fags and catfood bill and he's happy.

Sad. But true. :von:
He's said on numerous occasions that he takes on projects/tours he wouldn't otherwise go near just to keep his Benz running.

And I believe I also heard him quote the necessary amount at somewhere around 2 million. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think I have the article around somewhere...
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I have it on good authority from my mate Dave, who got it from a friend of a friend of a friend of Andrew's cleaning lady, that he's currently playing bass in a dodgy pub covers band gigging in the West Yorkshire area.
You've probably seen him - weedy looking bloke with receding grey hair and a fag hanging out of the corner of his mouth, dressed in tracky bottoms and Dunlop "green flash" trainers.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Mrs. Snowey

Erudite wrote:I have it on good authority from my mate Dave, who got it from a friend of a friend of a friend of Andrew's cleaning lady, that he's currently playing bass in a dodgy pub covers band gigging in the West Yorkshire area.
You've probably seen him - weedy looking bloke with receding grey hair and a fag hanging out of the corner of his mouth, dressed in tracky bottoms and Dunlop "green flash" trainers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

Erudite wrote:Dunlop "green flash" trainers.
don't tell QB :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

green flash ROOL! :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:green flash ROOL! :lol:
too late, too late
~ Peter Steele
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Erudite wrote:I have it on good authority from my mate Dave, who got it from a friend of a friend of a friend of Andrew's cleaning lady, that he's currently playing bass in a dodgy pub covers band gigging in the West Yorkshire area.
I THOUGHT Fred looked familiar!!!!!!! Ill have to fire him for misleading us as to his identity at once !!!!

Hes not even that good a bass player and i wondered why he kept trying to plug our drummer Dave into the wall.... they almost came to blows!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Padstar wrote:
I THOUGHT Fred looked familiar!!!!!!! Ill have to fire him for misleading us as to his identity at once !!!!

Hes not even that good a bass player and i wondered why he kept trying to plug our drummer Dave into the wall.... they almost came to blows!

Paddy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
dead stars

I had a dream he had died. I cried a lot too.
According to psychanalysts, that's revealing. (When you dream about the death or funeral of the analyst, means you're cured.)

:innocent:
~dead stars still burn~
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:it's an over 40s thing, trust me on this one Image

---- Dunno if this reply addresses your question/speculation/conjecture exactly (or at all) but I seem to recall a media report a few months back in which someone claimed that the brain cells responsible for producing feelings of anxiety gradually die off over the course of time, or cease to reproduce (or reproduce in as large numbers as when we're younger), or some such thing.

The early 20s can be a stressful time, with career and marriage/relationship issues. It is also a time when people are less likely to accept the world as they find it - lots of issues to do with ideals and idealism, etc - plus heaps of pseudo-intellectual 'stuff' that they have to work through, too.

People are hungry (usually in more ways than one) and are eager to make their mark at a younger age. Keeping that hunger is a challenge if you are having problems with inspiration. I seem to remember David Bowie trying to get the lust for life back with his Tin Machine project at one time.

There's many ways of looking at it. I have a friend in L.A. who is one of the most highly-paid commercial photographers in the US. He is in his early 50s, living in Beverley Hills 90210 and already semi-retired. I said to him, "You're making millions! Most creative types are broke. Why are you walking away from it ?!?"

All he said in reply is, "Robert, I've been there, I've done that."

And that is all he said. It reinforced for me that everyone has to change and indeed goes through changes. Those who don't, run out of time. Death is a choice we make when we have nowhere else to go. We decide that time for ourselves. People who see you for the first time in a long while can either laugh at how much you've changed or laugh at how much you haven't changed. If you've accomplished what you want to in your chosen field, move on. One of the keys to success in any field of human endeavour is that you've got to want it - more than anything.

Oh, and people are happiest when they are learning. It's called 'feeding your mind', although I don't think this is what Grace Slick had in mind when she used that phrase. Okay, enough from me....
Last edited by Black Biscuit on 23 Aug 2004, 21:17, edited 2 times in total.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

My mate's cousin knows a bloke who used to work with a guy whose next door neighbour has a friend who....
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
EraserHead
Road Kill

Is'nt that ,The New Model Army ?
Eh!
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

EraserHead wrote:
Is'nt that ,The New Model Army ?
Pshaw! ;)
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too