Dominion single - the untitled Sax track?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"New World order"?

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/gen/vn ... ettext.htm
Do you think that current technology restricts or liberates the creation and distribution of music?

Depends how you use it. Clearly, buying a sampler and merely recycling chunks of other people's master tapes is not going to win you a lot of brownie points on Eldritch Boulevard, however fashionable it may be.

On the other hand, it's nice that I can write a piano song like '1959' or a saxophone track like 'New World Order' without being able to play the actual instruments involved, and without having to let a session player get in the way of things.
wtf? :eek:

does he mean the one on the dominion 12"? is it "untitled"? or "sandstorm" or somesuch? i cant remember off the top of my head which is the sax song and which is just the a side played backwards.

is "new world order" his pet name for it? or is it an as-yet unreleased song?

hmmm :?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

nah - it's none of the tracks on the Dominion 12"/CD.
New World Order is one of the "new" songs that haven't been played live yet, although an instrumental demo was played over the PA just before the Gelchenkirchen gig in 1998 (and possibly at Eurorock the same year - I remember hearing it twice anyway).
There's a titbit of info about this on the Tours site: http://tours.tsom.org/1998s/concerts/19980829.htm
The Scene won't save you...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

was the new one a sax track then?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

oh :oops:

i just read it :roll:
Apparently, people attending the gig were treated to the legendary Andrew Eldritch composition New World Order, described by the man himself as "a saxophone solo which takes ten minutes to convey one mixed emotion, and not sequentially either. It's one of the best things I've ever written" (UTR 14). Reports suggest it was played before the gig, while after the gig a rough demo of War on Drugs was said to be heard coming out of speakers.
Francis
Overbomber

Gerry Rafferty has a lot to answer for.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

So, the obvious question, anyone got a recording of it? :D
24.24.2.489 Deceased
pikkrong
Overbomber

CellThree wrote:So, the obvious question, anyone got a recording of it? :D
The same question here... :roll: :roll: :roll:

(Just checked Hal's page - there wasn't. Made me a bit pessimistic :( )
sinclair
Road Kill

Funny cos Dominion should have been called new world order i recon. We all know that von is a well read guy but does anyone know if he is well versed in new world order/illuminatii conspiracy theory. If you watch the Dominion video it seems to hint at it with him doing his "corporate fat cat returns to the eastern temple where the plot for world domination was first hatched by illuminatii" routine!
lock up your daughters, theres a Goth About!
spartacus mills
Amphetamine Filth

"well versed in new world order/illuminatii conspiracy theory."

Now you're just being silly!
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I always thought it was a good exuse for him to get a free vacation anyway. (Middle-Eastern temple anyways)

Bring back the whte suit, that's what I say :)
sinclair
Road Kill

You crazy kids have got no imagination! Id say a pale young man with a walking stick,cane and a beard is pretty silly.
lock up your daughters, theres a Goth About!
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

sinclair wrote:You crazy kids have got no imagination! Id say a pale young man with a walking stick,cane and a beard is pretty silly.

--- But that's just what AE wanted you to say, isn't it?

Only today (er, yesterday actually, it's just after midnight here) I was thinking about the topic of world domination; wasn't the Illuminati meeting of twelve guys (a significant number recurring all throughout mystical or conspiracy stuff, according to David Icke) plotting to rule the world held in a cemetery?
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Black Biscuit wrote:
sinclair wrote:You crazy kids have got no imagination! Id say a pale young man with a walking stick,cane and a beard is pretty silly.

Only today (er, yesterday actually, it's just after midnight here) I was thinking about the topic of world domination; wasn't the Illuminati meeting of twelve guys (a significant number recurring all throughout mystical or conspiracy stuff, according to David Icke) plotting to rule the world held in a cemetery?
try THEM. cool book :notworthy: :notworthy:

as far as i remember, the white suit was notihng more than his desire to be a foreign office worker , but his folks didn't want him to be. something like that :roll:
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

paint it black wrote:
Black Biscuit wrote:

try THEM. cool book :notworthy: :notworthy:

as far as i remember, the white suit was notihng more than his desire to be a foreign office worker , but his folks didn't want him to be. something like that :roll:
yep, it was just eldritch going for the "our man in havana" look ;)
hallucienate
Overbomber