The Village

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

went to watch it last night. loved it.

twist schmist. its not a twist, its called a storyline.

:roll:

damn fine film. love everything shyamalan's done so far - great mood, great direction 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I really liked Signs, although I know a lot of people didn't. I went to see it on my own one night, and walked home on my lonesome. All I can say is, I wanted to be scared, and it did the job.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Signs was ace.
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

shyamalan's an over-hyped one-trick pony. and it wasn't that good a trick first time round.

and signs was bobbins!

SPOILER WARNING....
(just in case anybody who's not yet wasted a couple of hours of their life on this s**t still wants to)
why the fuck would aliens who die on contact with water invade a planet that's quite clearly covered in the bloody stuff?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Whilst on the subject of films, anyone know any groovy mail order websites that deal with the more obscure cult movies? :?:

Been looking for a copy of Two Lane Blacktop for eons ... :|
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

JB wrote:Whilst on the subject of films, anyone know any groovy mail order websites that deal with the more obscure cult movies? :?:

Been looking for a copy of Two Lane Blacktop for eons ... :|
no, but...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 0?v=glance

:?

not cheap, mind :urff:

likewise, i've been meaning to track down a PAL copy of john waters' "cry baby" for a while now

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd

:roll:
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Quiff Boy wrote: no, but...

:eek: :?

maybe I just keep hanging around ebay ... :roll:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

JB wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: no, but...

:eek: :?

maybe I just keep hanging around ebay ... :roll:
yep, i would :|
_emma_
Overbomber

MrChris wrote:I really liked Signs, although I know a lot of people didn't.
I must admit I really liked the Alien. Had they designed him as slightly thinner and smaller, he'd remind me of someone. :wink:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Haha, I catch your drift. Only he's not allergic to water, but to solicitor's ink.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
mh
Above the Chemist

It's a great song but the way it segues into 5-8-6 has always seemed a bit clumsy.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

RicheyJames wrote:shyamalan's an over-hyped one-trick pony. and it wasn't that good a trick first time round.

and signs was bobbins!

SPOILER WARNING....
(just in case anybody who's not yet wasted a couple of hours of their life on this **** still wants to)
why the fuck would aliens who die on contact with water invade a planet that's quite clearly covered in the bloody stuff?
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Haven't seen The Village yet, but have to agree with RJ for Signs. I was intrigued by The Sixth Sense. But Unbreakable is probably my pick of the bunch so far. Best superhero/comic book flick I've seen (or is it a superhero/comic book flick?...)
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Saw Ther Village on Thursday and have to say quite enjoyed it :)

I think the way he generates suspence is very effective! The catch, well, not really as QB says..... storyline, and quite a good idea for a film.

Signs was the pick off the bunch for me too :)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Sister Ray
Road Kill

I wanted to see The Village but getting to the movies these days when there are so many other miscreant adventures to get into... It's just hard to juggle!!!

Now Signs, when the Alien dude stuck his long fingers through the bottom of the door... I admit I jumped... But when he grabbed the little boy, man I jumped and let out a little EEK!!!

Ya' know though some oldies hold so much more of the fear for me... like Poltergeist and The Excorcist... although do need to make another attempt to find my way to the multiplex to check out the new Excorcist too...
Now who is that knocking
Who's knocking at my chamber door
Now could it be the police?
They're gonna take you for a ride ride
christophe
Overbomber

very nice movie!
the story is magnificent! I loved every aspect of it..
.. only the girl was running quit hard for a blind chick...
I realy should watsh Signs again, I loved it but wasn't convinced it was any good if I would watsh it for the second time around.
6 sense was good but not as good as Unbrakeble.

mr Glass.. :notworthy:
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

I loved the village, also. Saw it the first night it came out in the states so no one had ruined the end and it was great how the whole audience screamed whenever the redguys appeared.

Thought the Sixth sense was godly and maybe I should rent Unbreakable.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Someone has "spoiled" the "twist" in the end of the Village for me. Not that I was ever likely to go and see it.

Duh, didn't see that coming. :roll: The same with 6th sense, bleeding obvious! Bloody hell, why does Hollywood keep giving this faker money?

If you don't want to know the score, look away now!

On the other side of the woods, the rest of the world is in the 21st century!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

another Amish movie then?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:another Amish movie then?
Shhhhhhhhhhh! ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

OopS! :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mrs. Snowey wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:shyamalan's an over-hyped one-trick pony. and it wasn't that good a trick first time round.

and signs was bobbins!

SPOILER WARNING....
(just in case anybody who's not yet wasted a couple of hours of their life on this **** still wants to)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Haven't seen The Village yet, but have to agree with RJ for Signs. I was intrigued by The Sixth Sense. But Unbreakable is probably my pick of the bunch so far. Best superhero/comic book flick I've seen (or is it a superhero/comic book flick?...)

Yep Unbreakable was damn good. Saw Scary Movie III on dvd last night and that was a much better version of "Signs" I thought :lol:
one day at a time
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

RicheyJames wrote:why the fuck would aliens who die on contact with water invade a planet that's quite clearly covered in the bloody stuff?
Reckon I've sussed it now (cue semi-coherent theory):

1) these aliens die if they make contact with water

2) alcohol, however is actually fatal to our form of life if encountered in either a) sufficient quantities
or b) a concentrated enough form

Therefore: the aliens are actually extraterrestrial CAMRA members who have got a little bit carried away. Admit it, weren't you scared when you first met one? (big scary beards and the like?) And the "Signs" actually refers to pub signs, once a way for illiterate peasants to distinguish between the barbers and the bar, now a charming nod to the past.

Obvious isn't it?

Next week: Eastenders deconstructed - the BBC canteen and the recurrence of kidney troubles amongst the characters therein.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

:notworthy: :D :D :D
~ Peter Steele