Urgent Help - BBC Radio 4 "Recording"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Good Evenin All ;-)

I have a rather pressing request to make.

Does anyone know how I Andy TG would go about "recording" a Live Radio 4 Stream on to my HDD.

I, of course, refer to Tuesday 21st September when the first Hitch Hikers Guide radio show in 24 years is going to be broadcast.

I know I would simply be able to record on to "Cassette" (remember those) but I would really love to get these recordings on to CD either as WAV or MP3.

The BBC will broadcast in Real Player - I am able to record this "Media Stream"

Any help or suggestions will be most welcome ;-)

Knew You'd Be Pleased.....

Andy TG
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

you could download streambox VCR to do it, but personally, plug a good old fashoned onalogue tuner (radio) into your PC and record it uncompressed and lovely,

or record from a sky / freeview box almost as good
Andy TG
Overbomber

Fab and Lovely - Thats a great Idea - simply never occurred to me - thanks - Its simply to plug in the "Line In" on the Mother Board - WHY did I not think of that!

Thanks

ATG
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Dan
Overbomber

Andy TG wrote:Fab and Lovely - Thats a great Idea - simply never occurred to me - thanks - Its simply to plug in the "Line In" on the Mother Board - WHY did I not think of that!
Indeed! That's what I plan on doing (plus also recording to minidisc just in case the pc decides to crash at that moment).
I'll just add that that if it's not something you do regularly to make a few small practice recordings sometime before the show starts to make sure your sound levels are correct - if it's a bit too quiet its fixable, if it's too loud it's f*cked.