in the days before eldritch....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

is anyone going to be horrified if i wear my TSOM shirt to see Rush on sunday ?

gotta have respect for anyone who can churn out decent albums for 30 years, but there's a sort of naivete about wearing a recent shirt depicting the band you're watching, and i don't think my Moving Pictures T will still fit
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Not really my cup of tea but I read their Wembley review in the Evening Standard last night. Apparently, to make up for the fact they haven't been over here for 12/13 years, you get a 3½ hour set comprising 30 songs. :eek:

Make sure you pack enough Sanatogen to see you through. :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

chaos reigned?

I'm sorry - I have far too much time on my hands
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

how can there be days before God?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
James Blast
Banned

I don't think I could watch any band for three and a half hours
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

lazarus corporation wrote:
chaos reigned?

I'm sorry - I have far too much time on my hands
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the only rule we have when going to gigs is NEVER wear a band t-shirt of who you're off to see. I mean would you want to be associated with the kiddies who buy t-shirts then run off the toilets to put'em on?
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Andie
Overbomber

sisxbeforedawn wrote:the only rule we have when going to gigs is NEVER wear a band t-shirt of who you're off to see. I mean would you want to be associated with the kiddies who buy t-shirts then run off the toilets to put 'em on?

now that's just silly...i put the damn shirt on straight away...can't be bothered waiting until i get to the toilets...unless i'm buying from the boys outside :wink:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i had to put the elastica one on. it says 'big boots' on the front and 'no knickers' on the back.

and no, it wasn't true.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

What if it's a cool vintage shirt, not the one they're selling. I think it shows that you are in it for long run (if it's a band you really like) and not jumping on the bandwagon, as they say.

For example, this Sunday I'm seeing Billy Idol. I plan on wearing a Billy Idol shirt from 1984-ish. I don't see this see what's wrong with this, but if you have a good point share it. I would never put on a shirt a just bought there, how lame is that?

I suppose Wintermute doesnt fully disagree, since my shirt isnt recent. What about sisxbeforedawn?
Francis
Overbomber

The Pope wrote:For example, this Sunday I'm seeing Billy Idol. I plan on wearing a Billy Idol shirt from 1984-ish.
Courtesy of your Mum, I presume.

As for Rush, well, wild horses couldn't drag me there.

And band t-shirts are so 1970s.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

Silverfish's

HIPS
TITS
LIPS
POWER

is still my all time fave
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

it's a song and a t-shirt Francis
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

Having read these entries perhaps we, the good people of Heartland, should post a list of the Sisters and related "T-Shirts" that we own, wear, love, hate, wont wear and have not even taken out of the cardboard/plastic packet.

I know that myself have about 20 Sisters t-shirts at the last count.

Does anyone here have a complete record of all the t-shirts the Sisters and Bootleggers have *cough* "Produced" ;-)

Should I start it off? - What do you say you chaps and chapesses!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Francis
Overbomber

Andy TG wrote:Does anyone here have a complete record of all the t-shirts the Sisters and Bootleggers have *cough* "Produced" ;-)
Sounds like a great idea for a website. (Where's that yawn-emoticon?)
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

Francis wrote:
The Pope wrote:For example, this Sunday I'm seeing Billy Idol. I plan on wearing a Billy Idol shirt from 1984-ish.
Courtesy of your Mum, I presume.quote]

No way... my mom's not that cool. Courtesy of eBay :D Yes, even at this young age I suffer from a very serious eBay addiction. I have about 30 Billy Idol shirts, all hunted down and bought by yours truly, and 12 Sisters shirts, among other memorabilia and collectibles.

Just can't shake the disease. :twisted:

As for having a complete record of shirts produced, I have inserts and orderforms from UTR and experience on eBay. I don't know which are bootlegs though...
Last edited by The Pope on 11 Sep 2004, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

Billy Idol! : :eek:
was OK in Generation X and Gen X
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Billy Idol! : :eek:
was OK in Generation X and Gen X
I enjoyed many an evening dancing with myself down the Phono.

Allegedly.
Francis
Overbomber

The Pope wrote:Just can't shake the disease.
Did you tell us about your trip to the UK yet? I may have missed it. I've been trying to give it up, but it's one of those nights.
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

Francis: Sorry it's one of those nights.

No, I haven't, and it makes me feel loved (or at least liked) that people I don't know incredibly well care enough to ask. :D

Anyway, it was very cool. Spent six days in London and enjoyed it immensely; I think it's a very cool place, at least compared to the suburb that I live in. Did most of the touristy stuff there (The Tower, Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace, the tube, big red bus, etc.). We made a daytrip to Bath, which is where I thought I saw the Lord Himself :von: (although looking back on it I'm getting more and more skeptical), then spent a night each in Cambridge, York, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Salisbury. Saw a good production of Hamlet at the RST in Stratford. Drove past Leeds (I could see it from M1), if that counts for anything. Oh, and Stonehenge was fantastic!

Needless to say, my first exposure to Europe was a good one! I hope to go back when I'm older and more independent.

Re: Billy Idol
I'm not as huge a fan as I was at one point and I'm definitely into the Sisters more. Most Idol fans suck in a major way and are boarderline retards. They're usually either a) teenagers (mainly female) around my age who think he's "alternative" or "punk" or something and don't really know anything (trying really hard not to sound pretentious but it's kind of hard) about anything, or b) older women who are married with children and Billy is there little fantasy I think. You people are a few cuts above them. :notworthy:

That said, he's REALLY good live and the venues are small. He signs stuff on stage and it's not so much like "us" and "them." I like the music, too. Sure, maybe most of it's not super-deep, but it's not the kind of music that's meant to be.
sisxbeforedawn

The Pope wrote: I suppose Wintermute doesnt fully disagree, since my shirt isnt recent. What about sisxbeforedawn?
Me :?: I've never counted my band t-shirts as I'm always losing them in the wash or the cat uses them as a make shift bed. But I've got about 50'ish. My fave used to be my Jason Donovan one :eek: yup you heard right, :lol: now that used to raise a few questioning looks, this may sound a bit snobish or girlie but I was guaranteed not to have the same shirt on as anyone else :wink:

The last thing I remember of the t-shirt was a t-shirt fight in PlanetX, think it ended up, and some say rightly, in the cleaners box of cleaning clothes :lol:
Francis
Overbomber

The Pope wrote:Bath ... Salisbury ... Stonehenge ...
All places I used to visit during the school hoildays. My parents still live in Marlborough in Wiltshire. I use to love the American Museum on the outskirts of Bath. I have a vivid memory of seeing my first full-on punks as we walked around Salisbury Cathedral sometime during in the late 70s. And I remember when you could actually go and touch Stonehenge before they fenced it all off.

And you've reminded me that I must take Pam and Luke to London one of these days as they've never even been there.
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

sisxbeforedawn wrote:
the only rule we have when going to gigs is NEVER wear a band t-shirt of who you're off to see. I mean would you want to be associated with the kiddies who buy t-shirts then run off the toilets to put'em on?
That's actually what I was asking about...

How could you let the kitty have your shirts? I don't think it's girlie or snobish that you never had the same shirt on as anyone else; Maybe it's because I'm the same way. But it's not our fault that people as a whole can't dress and don't have good taste in music... :wink:
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

Oh, and Francis:

The American Museum looks interesting. Actually, wish I would've checked it out since I'm studying in great depth American History this year. My dad told me about the good 'ole days when one could touch Stonehenge, but I suppose the fence is for the best. At least it's low so it doesn't show up in most pictures. The that surprised me about Salisbury Cathedral is that I didn't see John Constable's (i think) painting "Salisbury Cathedral from the Bishop's Grounds" anywhere. Have you seen the stained glass called "Prisoners of Conscience"? Very abstract but very cool with lots of cobalt glass.

And yes, you must take Pam and Luke (wife and son?) to London!
sisxbeforedawn

The Pope wrote:
sisxbeforedawn wrote:
How could you let the kitty have your shirts? I don't think it's girlie or snobish that you never had the same shirt on as anyone else; Maybe it's because I'm the same way. But it's not our fault that people as a whole can't dress and don't have good taste in music... :wink:
Check out the gallery and there's a picture of my kitty and you'll understand why I don't fight to get my shirts back :wink:

:lol: people not having good taste and can't dress themselves, sounds like me alright :wink:
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

*Looks at picture of Elise* She looks fierce, in a cute and cuddly sort of way! I'd be brandishing my claws too if someone had just woke me up.