Fall starts...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

... with 35 degrees in almost all cities of Portugal. :notworthy: :notworthy:

I am melting here cause is so damn hot.
ThomasS
Road Kill

6 degrees here *shiver*, that´s almost winter :cry:
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. (Terry Pratchett)
moonchild

ThomasS wrote:6 degrees here *shiver*, that´s almost winter :cry:
brrrrrrrrr..... :urff:
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

75 degreea here and I'm freezing my butt off. I lived in Las Vegas for 23 years, where the temp gets to about 120 this time of year. I about died last winter when it snowed here. It was very much like the scene in Nightmare Before Christmas when Jack goes to Christmas land. Except I wasn't quite as thrilled with it. Now I understand why everyone here is overweight. Maybe I should jump onboard and get myself a nice protective layer of fat also. Maybe not.
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

:eek: Almost???
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
moonchild

CtrlAltDelete wrote: Now I understand why everyone here is overweight.
;D ;D
moonchild

Is not very normal to have such high temperatures at this time. When i was a lil girl i remembered to go to the beach in Algarve in September but was at the 1st 15 days. This hot weather is like this since last week. People continue to go to the beach on weekend. 8)

Damn.. i wanted to try my new fall/winter clothes and this hot weather is destroying my wish. :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

dunno what it is in Glasgow, but I stuck the central heating on tonight :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:dunno what it is in Glasgow, but I stuck the central heating on tonight :(
Hurrah, a fellow Glaswegian! Let me buy you a Buckfast! :P

Actually, I'm beginning to get a strange itch all over my body, as this is one subject that I get ridiculously and embarrassingly annoyed about. Can't... control it... much longer.... :evil:
The equinox is the middle of Autumn, dammit - I don't care what the cretins at the Met Office say. Longest day = middle of summer, not the beginning, shortest day = middle of winter, for f**k's sake! I mean, seriously, just 'cos it's warm, people. And only in f**king Bournemouth! At the beginning of June here, it only gets completely dark for about an hour or two, and that's not summer, apparently, according to 'The Man'. Yet last week it was summer, with me having to put the lights on about 7 o'clock. f**k off! Daffodils are coming out, pigeons are building their little nests in winter? Are you telling me pigeons are stupid? Well I was talking to a pigeon just the other day and he was taking the p*ss out of all the stupid people who go their summer holidays in September!

:urff: That feels so much better. Don't know what came over me there. :oops:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
moonchild

boudicca wrote: Well I was talking to a pigeon just the other day and he was taking the p*ss out of all the stupid people who go their summer holidays in September!
Stupidity is to go on holidays in August. It's more expensive, the weather is not so good, much more confusion... no way.
Holidays on September :notworthy: :notworthy: And tomorrow...here i go... to the beach. :twisted:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Bloody freezing under my "supposed" air-con unit....

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
ThomasS
Road Kill

CtrlAltDelete wrote:
:eek: Almost???
real winter "starts" at about -5°C around here :urff:
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. (Terry Pratchett)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/

Leeds - Today's forecast
min 9°C
max 14°C

:urff: :(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

moonchild wrote:
boudicca wrote: Well I was talking to a pigeon just the other day and he was taking the p*ss out of all the stupid people who go their summer holidays in September!
Stupidity is to go on holidays in August. It's more expensive, the weather is not so good, much more confusion... no way.
Holidays on September :notworthy: :notworthy: And tomorrow...here i go... to the beach. :twisted:
I agree August is stupid. I take my holidays in the first two weeks of July. 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

May or June is my holiday time. After the football, before the rugrats are let out of school.

It also means southern Europe isn't too oppressively hot for my delicate North Sea constitution.

And who cares if it rains? I'm English, ffs! I'm used to rain.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G