How many weeks?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

After reading QB vacation thread, I was wondering: how many weeks do you have paid vacatin per year? In Sweden we have 5 weeks, but some have more.

I have 1 week! Self employed and all :roll:
I think someone set my soul alight
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I think normally in Portugal is 5 weeks too. But some have more and others less. It depends. :roll:

I had 5 weeks. :wink:
hallucienate
Overbomber

4 weeks for me, 1 week more than the legal minimum. :urff:
christophe
Overbomber

I could be mistaking but...
I believe I have 25 days a year, only 5 of them I can pick random.
Not allot compared to lots of other jobs :? And a big minus for people like me who like to take a few hours once in a while.

still my Job isn't that bad...
Another Shade of You.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

not sure how many weeks schools get.. its changing here, they're phasing in longer half terms.
but i will be working my little socks off, so wont see much of any this year, except when i got to rome at the end of oct :D
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
rian
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:not sure how many weeks schools get.. its changing here, they're phasing in longer half terms.
but i will be working my little socks off, so wont see much of any this year, except when i got to rome at the end of oct :D
Rome? Cool. I got engaged there 1997. Still togeher with the chick ;D

BUt in October? Cold, windy and rainy :roll:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

its not my fault half term is in october.... intend to be inside! galleries etc.. vatican..
rian
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:its not my fault half term is in october.... intend to be inside! galleries etc.. vatican..
The central station isn't that bad. a bit dark, but ok.

Have fun there. By the way, why Rome? You knoe ppl there or just a visit?
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

Working for Chicago Public Schools is nice... you get Summer vacation (2 months), Christmas vacation (two weeks), Spring Break (1 week), plus holidays and sick days (12 per year)... And then you hear teachers complaining :roll:
You are very very bad people and you must be punished
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

rian wrote:Have fun there. By the way, why Rome? You knoe ppl there or just a visit?
just been wanting to go for a while. got a nice apartment booked near the spanish steps.
James Blast
Banned

30 days (the max. because of so long service) + public hols

I must add- the pay ain't so good and the managers are cnutz!!!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:its not my fault half term is in october.... intend to be inside! galleries etc.. vatican..
Say hi ;)

Sounds like fun, even if it is rainy!

I go to school for 180 days/year...so I that means I get 185 off including weekends. Weekends=104 days, but I get loads of homework so that doesn't count as completely "off". Total the "holiday" days is 81 if I did my math correctly. :)
Thea
Overbomber

I can't be bothered working how many days off i get at college right now (don't have me little book that tells me when not to go in with me) but i get tuesdays off, half terms, xmas/new year/summer hollidays. Plus it's looking like i'm soon gonna have mondays off too. Which is nice.
Or more to the point, not having to walk to the station in the rain at 7.15 every morning is nice ;D
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I get 168hrs a year, which works out at the moment as 14 days a year (coz we do 12hr shifts and do an average of 42.5hrs a week), which sucks, but then again we do 4 days on, 4 days off, so 14 days means that you can take off nearly a month in one go if you wanted.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I don't get any really (not paid anyway) Unless I save up my extra 42p an hr payments!!! <sigh>
Only a paand.
_emma_
Overbomber

5 weeks, plus the extra hours that can be "taken back" (about 10-12 days), so 6 - 7 weeks altogether.
hallucienate
Overbomber

this is unfair, i seem to have the best weather but the least leave :(
F--kwit
Road Kill

I get Christmas Day, New Years Day plus 25 days whenever I want, but if I want any other bank holidays I have to take them out of my own. Most people who know me think I get a lot more than that as I seem to be off all over the place stalking my fave band but I mainly manage this by working Saturdays when there's nothing better to do and claiming extra days holiday in lieu (cos my boss is a star) and sometimes going to work on two hours sleep after driving back (to manchester) after gigs from places like London, Northampton or Bristol... thank God for Red Bull!!
You ain't seen me, right?
Mrs. Snowey

We get 24 days plus Bank Hoildays at our gaffe.

However, at the moment it feels like a lot more, 'cos there's absolutely naff all in the way of orders :roll:

<makes mental note to check Echo jobs night tomorrow :innocent: >
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Debaser
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:not sure how many weeks schools get.. its changing here, they're phasing in longer half terms.
Works out to be 52 day hols a year. approx

We've already moved onto 'six terms' Emily. But they are already having to change it for next year :roll: The only difference for us this year is that the extra five days in Oct were the Inset days and we have to make those up either by doing evening training sessions (3 evenings = one days training) or weekends or hols.

Next year, the Inset days are back in school time and we will have those days taken from our holidays throught the year.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Us Civil Servants get 6 weeks paid holiday plus 2 "privilege" days off - the Queen's birthday and an extra day around Christmas. :)
We also get flexible hours (the money's s**t though, unless you're in a senior management position.)
Last edited by Scardwel on 29 Sep 2004, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
The Scene won't save you...
Debaser
Overbomber

We're making the most of the fact the Travel Agents haven't cottoned on that the kids will be off in Oct......Next year they will no doubt, exorbitant prices restored then, I should imagine.

We're 'doing' Barcelona.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
hallucienate
Overbomber

I get these public holidays too.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

25 working days plus UK bank holidays which is another 8 days. :)

Plus the odd hangover, sickie, skiving day which oddly enough aren't mentioned in the small print of my contract ... :innocent:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
snowey

I get 24 days leave plus an extra 2 days for been 1st Aid trained and an extra 4 days leave around the bank holidays.