Spinal Tap 2?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

wasn't that bad, although taking themselves far to seriously :lol: they should have taken a leaf out of Type O :lol:

wonder if we'll see Lars getting his head kicked in? or where you can such trendy glasses :eek:
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Mrs. Snowey

Best Metallica song I ever heard was "Enter Sandman"

And that was only when Rosetta Stone covered it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Metallica started it all for me :-)

So gimme that movie! :twisted:

On another note, on the same site is that 'Personal Jesus' vid from Marilyn Manson...

And it strikes me again how they manage to make very nice cover versions. Really liked the 'sweet dreams' cover and this one too is very good.

Enough heresy for one day now. You can shoot me. :D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
moonchild

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: On another note, on the same site is that 'Personal Jesus' vid from Marilyn Manson...

And it strikes me again how they manage to make very nice cover versions. Really liked the 'sweet dreams' cover and this one too is very good.
I saw it, i heard it, i love it. :notworthy:
moonchild

i didn't saw the clips yet, but... is this a movie about Metallica?
:eek: :eek:
christophe
Overbomber

It was supposed to be the making of st-anger, but when they where about to record there where some problems with the band (drugs and members leaving…..) so instead of filming the making of, they followed the band while in this crisis.

I’m not a big Metallica fan so excuse me if I’m mistaking.
Another Shade of You.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Metallica started it all for me :-)

So gimme that movie! :twisted:

On another note, on the same site is that 'Personal Jesus' vid from Marilyn Manson...

Enough heresy for one day now. You can shoot me. :D

IZ.
Spot on Iz.... MM seems to have refined the art of the cover version....i thought "Tainted Love" was fantastic.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

sisxbeforedawn wrote:wasn't that bad
Come on, James Hetfield talking about rebirth was pure David St.Hubbins.
hallucienate
Overbomber

I saw the Metallica documentary at a festival we had here a few months ago, it has some really funny, Spinal Tapesque parts. My friend lent over sometime during the first half of the film and said "These guys are full blown retards". I kinda agreed, but by the end of the seemed to have pulled themselves back together, which kinda ruined the whole experience.

The new bass player got $1 000 000 just for joining the band, which must've been quite nice for him...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I've got to confess, I do like Metallica. They're pretty much the only "big" band I do like, and also one of the only metal ones. Not the most cerebral of music but well-constructed songs, great solos and melodic twin-guitar stuff, and plenty of aggressive bravado. And Kirk Hammett was mighty cute back in the day, when he still shaved and wore tight trousers! :wink:
However, I do not own St. Anger and have no intention of ever doing so - I'm still praying that they'll renounce therapy-rock, 'nu' metal stylings (grrr...), dodgy beards and those horrific baggy shorts they've taken to wearing. I'd like to see the film though - if I can bear to watch people I admire falling hook line and sinker for the claptrap of that awful Doctor Phil guy. *shudder* I'll just repeat the mantra - "They're American, they can't help it"... :innocent:

I have noticed a few interesting parallels between the download geek's antichrist, Mr. Lars Ulrich, and the person-who-likes-a-nice-friendly-prolific artiste's antichrist, Mr. Andrew Eldritch...
*Both are about the same height - i.e. not very tall
*Both have adopted countries other than their birthplace as their home
*Both have toured with The Cult :notworthy:
*Lars Ulrich jumps up and down in an endearing manner while playing the drums; Von jumps up while playing the drums to retrieve the drumstick which has just gone rolling across the floor
*Both come from pretty wealthy backgrounds
*Both are perceived as being very...um, mercenary
*Both p*ss off their own fans
*Both p*ss off their own bassists and guitarists
*Ego, anyone?

And they're probably both friends with Lemmy. Now think about it - you never see them in the same place at the same time, do you? So what is Andy really doing these days... :von:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
pikkrong
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:I've got to confess, I do like Metallica. They're pretty much the only "big" band I do like, and also one of the only metal ones. Not the most cerebral of music but well-constructed songs, great solos and melodic twin-guitar stuff, and plenty of aggressive bravado. And Kirk Hammett was mighty cute back in the day, when he still shaved and wore tight trousers! :wink:
However, I do not own St. Anger and have no intention of ever doing so - I'm still praying that they'll renounce therapy-rock, 'nu' metal stylings (grrr...), dodgy beards and those horrific baggy shorts they've taken to wearing. I'd like to see the film though - if I can bear to watch people I admire falling hook line and sinker for the claptrap of that awful Doctor Phil guy. *shudder* I'll just repeat the mantra - "They're American, they can't help it"... :innocent:

I have noticed a few interesting parallels between the download geek's antichrist, Mr. Lars Ulrich, and the person-who-likes-a-nice-friendly-prolific artiste's antichrist, Mr. Andrew Eldritch...
*Both are about the same height - i.e. not very tall
*Both have adopted countries other than their birthplace as their home
*Both have toured with The Cult :notworthy:
*Lars Ulrich jumps up and down in an endearing manner while playing the drums; Von jumps up while playing the drums to retrieve the drumstick which has just gone rolling across the floor
*Both come from pretty wealthy backgrounds
*Both are perceived as being very...um, mercenary
*Both p*ss off their own fans
*Both p*ss off their own bassists and guitarists
*Ego, anyone?

And they're probably both friends with Lemmy. Now think about it - you never see them in the same place at the same time, do you? So what is Andy really doing these days... :von:
You forgot the main arguments - one of them has worked with Sarah Brightman and another with King Diamond :innocent:
JansenClone

I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
James Blast
Banned

nice link JC :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

hmm... 'saw' metallica in belgium... got bored after two hours so went back to the bus. it was another 2 and a half hours before everyone who'd stayed to watch arrived back. yawn yawn yawn.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
christophe
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:hmm... 'saw' metallica in belgium... got bored after two hours so went back to the bus. it was another 2 and a half hours before everyone who'd stayed to watch arrived back. yawn yawn yawn.
hell, me too. :?
it was the second time I left thear show.
Another Shade of You.
moonchild

boudicca wrote: *Both have toured with The Cult :notworthy:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :oops: :oops: sorry but i really love this guys :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
moonchild

I saw metallica with The Cult (once again :notworthy: :notworthy: ) maybe it was in 1994... and that concert was very good. Then they camed to Portugal again and some friends told me that the concert was a really s**t. Now, on tv direct from Rock in Rio in Lisbon i saw them and they were very very powerful. And the bassist from Suicidal Tendencies continues fantastic.
James Blast
Banned

first time I saw Metallica was on the 6 or was it 7 and a half year Anniversery box set tour. About 2 hrs of quality rock. Next time was the Snakepit tour. 3+hrs of drivel and the worst guitar solo, EVER!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele