sorry...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

I'm sorry, mates, maybe I shouldn't talk about it but actually I'm not in the best mood today. A friend of mine - one of the jolliest persons I have ever seen, a tricky poet and a good prose writer called Andres Vanapa (it's a pseudonym - Vanapagan means Old Nick) is in a hospital with cancer. He's 80 years old, people who know him ain't optimistic at all. I'll go to see him in the hospital tomorrow. Sorry but I can't stop thinking about it.

James Blast
Banned

Sorry to hear that Indrek, I lost a 2nd cousin, 27 and full of life, 5 weeks ago. She fell off her bike, on holiday in Spain with her boyfriend. She lingered for a week, then had a massive seizure (extreme head trauma). Her folks are not getting over it. Terrible to see good people suffering.
Cancer is an awful disease, your friend, he lived to at least 80.

If I'm out of turn, I apologise.
James
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Sorry to hear that Indrek, I lost a 2nd cousin, 27 and full of life, 5 weeks ago. She fell off her bike, on holiday in Spain with her boyfriend. She lingered for a week, then had a massive seizure (extreme head trauma). Her folks are not getting over it. Terrible to see good people suffering.
Sorry to hear about it.

Well, another friend of mine - who is younger than me - had also cancer but now he seems well. But he isn't even 30. If a man has been a good friend of all kind of drinks maybe 60 years, it's not so easy.
Sorry again for this sad topic.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

No need to say sorry. I know is hard to stop thinking about this kind of things. You just have to think that he had a great life, that he was a great man and very important person to poetry and prose and that his work and the man himself will be remain forever on everyone's mind.

I'm the one to say sorry but i dunno what to say in this difficult moments. I think all the words are not enough to calm down the pain.

Just hope that you be strong to support this and not to get so sad.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Thanks.
Yes, his life has been very interesting. And he hasn't given up. I heard another friend of him had visited him yesterday and smuggled booze into the hospital. Well, I know, it wasn't probably a right deed, at least I will not do the same tomorrow, but I just wanted to say that old man is not a surrender.
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

I'm very sorry to hear about this. He looks like an interesting man, and I bet he's a lot of fun to be around. I wish both of you all the best.
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
moonchild

pikkrong wrote:but I just wanted to say that old man is not a surrender.
In this photo he looks like he is not a surrender.He must have a very strong personality.
All the best to him
rian
Slight Overbomber

Very sad news, I hope that he get better.
I think someone set my soul alight
rian
Slight Overbomber

rian wrote:Very sad news, I hope that he gets better.
I think someone set my soul alight
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yes, he does look like an interesting person - sorry to hear about your friend.
one day at a time
christophe
Overbomber

Sorry to hear this pikkrong
It truly is an awful disease. I still have the memory of seeing a friend of the family who died of cancer when I was only a little boy.
I wish you, his close ones and especially him a lot of strength.

Christophe.
Another Shade of You.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

My father has cancer at the moment and I can guarantee you that it is not the certain death sentence it is often made out to be. Because almost everyone knows someone who has died from it, they automatically assume everyone who gets it will, but that is simply not true.
I don't know what kind of cancer your friend has, or how advanced it is, but I would urge you to stay hopeful. I hope he stays positive too.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
sisxbeforedawn

sorry about the bad news and wish him the best of luck
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
pikkrong
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:

Andres Vanapa (Viktor Mellov)
2. 04. 1924 - 25. 10. 2004
R. I. P.
moonchild