PJ Harvey To Play With Morrissey

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"P J Harvey has just announced that she will joining Morrissey as his special guest on two of his forthcoming UK dates. This will probably be one of the last opportunities to catch Polly live in the UK for some time. "

The shows are:

Glasgow SECC on December 13th
Birmingham NIA on December 14th
hallucienate
Overbomber

eeeeeeeeeeeergh. why do I have to live on the otherside of the world :(
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Seen her 8 times this year , she is a goddess. Morrisey however is a four eyed, tone deaf tosspot.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

biggy wrote:Seen her 8 times this year , she is a goddess. Morrisey however is a four eyed, tone deaf tosspot.
Well said. He should be supporting her.

GO PEEJ! ;D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
biggy wrote:Seen her 8 times this year , she is a goddess. Morrisey however is a four eyed, tone deaf tosspot.
Well said. He should be supporting her.

GO PEEJ! ;D
Totally agreed. My housemate loves Morrissey, so I might end up going. Be good to see Peej twice in a year!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Come, come nuclear war.

It would be nice, just for a change, to see "Polly plays Jo'burg" or "Polly plays anyfreakingwhere in the Southern Hemisphere"

This is such a depressing thread. :cry: :cry:
one day at a time
hallucienate
Overbomber

lucretia wrote:Come, come nuclear war.

It would be nice, just for a change, to see "Polly plays Jo'burg" or "Polly plays anyfreakingwhere in the Southern Hemisphere"

She's played Oz a few times :?
Why would she want to play Jo'burg? That place is a (mine) dump. Cape Town is where it's at 8)
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

It seems I have to tell you to watch your mouth on this forum, too! :roll: :innocent:
My name is Deirdre and I'm a music nerd.
lucretia

hallucienate wrote:
lucretia wrote:Come, come nuclear war.

She's played Oz a few times :?
Why would she want to play Jo'burg? That place is a (mine) dump. Cape Town is where it's at 8)
Hey by your own admission, you chose the "Slaapstad" thingie ... go figure.
Jo'burg ROCKS and what the feck is wrong with the odd mine dump?
AND the definitive word in that sentence is "odd" cos they're all being taken down and flattened to make way for more luvverly shopping malls and lavishly expensive office complexes.
Ah yes, I love the smell of cyanide in the morning, wafting into my kitchen on clouds of powdery white mine dump sand from across the dune ... er, sorry, dump.
one day at a time
hallucienate
Overbomber

lucretia wrote:
AND the definitive word in that sentence is "odd" cos they're all being taken down and flattened to make way for more luvverly shopping malls and lavishly expensive office complexes.
Ah yes, I love the smell of cyanide in the morning, wafting into my kitchen on clouds of powdery white mine dump sand from across the dune ... er, sorry, dump.
Time to change my location name, it's almost summer and you lot are due any second now. I better go to Camps Bay soon, while it's still a fairly nice beach.

At least our dunes are real :wink:
lucretia

hallucienate wrote:
lucretia wrote:
Time to change my location name, it's almost summer and you lot are due any second now. I better go to Camps Bay soon, while it's still a fairly nice beach.

At least our dunes are real :wink:

Oh stop it bragging.
My mum stays in Hermanus but my fave place in the whole world is Pringle Bay - now THAT's DUNETOWN (even if it is quick sand)
:lol: Geez, I absolutely love that place.
one day at a time
christophe
Overbomber

I have seen PJ harvey 2 times so far, and I must admit she suprised me with 2 fantastic concerts, but whenever I try to play on of her songs at home I realy can't understand why she is so good Live..
her albums are not bad though.. they only lack something..?
(problably more pictures of her :twisted: )
Another Shade of You.
hallucienate
Overbomber

christophe wrote:I have seen PJ harvey 2 times so far, and I must admit she suprised me with 2 fantastic concerts, but whenever I try to play on of her songs at home I realy can't understand why she is so good Live..
Stories From The City... is a pretty amazing album :notworthy: :notworthy:
hallucienate
Overbomber

lucretia wrote: Oh stop it bragging.
My mum stays in Hermanus but my fave place in the whole world is Pringle Bay - now THAT's DUNETOWN (even if it is quick sand)
:lol: Geez, I absolutely love that place.
Hermanus, the only town with a silent "m" in the name 8)

I'm fairly traumatised by sand dunes, it's got something to do with walking from Hout Bay to Sandy Bay :eek:
christophe
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote: Stories From The City... is a pretty amazing album :notworthy: :notworthy:
yes it is !
Only it isn't quite my kind of music and yet live she blows me away.
Another Shade of You.
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

hallucienate wrote:
christophe wrote:I have seen PJ harvey 2 times so far, and I must admit she suprised me with 2 fantastic concerts, but whenever I try to play on of her songs at home I realy can't understand why she is so good Live..
Stories From The City... is a pretty amazing album :notworthy: :notworthy:
Agreed! :notworthy:
My name is Deirdre and I'm a music nerd.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I prefer Is This Desire? personally.

But I am currently pleased at getting the new B-Sides album so at least I don't have to make my own CD of the new singles!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

nice title for the thread moonie

thought she was a lesbian though :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry, easily amused and awaiting the chairman's rebuke :oops:
Goths have feelings too
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I love her, but I know what you mean. The sort of bluesy/garage rock style she employs in her musical backing is too stripped down and... lo-fi for my tastes, not enough echo - but her voice and persona more than redeem it for me. She only comes second to Siouxsie as my favourite female vocalist of all time. :notworthy: The actual songs are great, and if the style of music was more to my taste, I don't think I'd ever stop listening to her.

Apart from to listen to The Von Experience, of course! :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Al
Road Kill

Saw her supporting Tricky years ago. All she could sing about was her monthlys, and how she could't fit into her favourite dress.