Not sisters covers

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Correl
Road Kill

After playing around with soulseek for a while, I had come to the conclusion id heard pretty much everything official and a most of the not super rare stuff. yesterday I came across several files I havent heard before. It doesnt sound very much like von at all. I know Gary sang in several songs like red skies dissapear, but these almost sound like gary a little higher. Here's a list of the songs if someone would like to shed some light for me

Socrates 620 (sounds almost like a women singing)
Knife paper stone and guns
Where spirits fly
and flood III is the same melody as flood two but sounds like it has less background and sharper sounds. (if there is even a flood III)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Socrates 620
no idea. probably not the sisters at all. its certainly not a sisters-sounding song title so my guess is its a fake deliberately mislabelled to generate interest in some shite darkling band... :wink:

Knife paper stone and guns
ssv.

Where spirits fly
the sisters played this at a soundcheck. its an instrumental. gary took the song with him when he left and recorded it with ghost dance, with anne marie singing.

flood III
a "portastudio" demo version, pre-floodland.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Correl
Road Kill

And on the topic, I know Red skies dissapear is sisters, But how about
Snowdriver (sounds like the base line from driven like the snow too different background)
and I know the m*****n played garden of delight, didnt know the sisters ever did, Is this another song wayne took with him?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

never heard of "Snowdriver" - could be something else thats been mislabelled and we know it as something else :?:

there are a few mish/sisters cross-over tracks - have a search as they were discussed not long ago. 8)

the sisters also did an instrumental version of serpent's kis :urff:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~sberma1/The_Smurf.htm

"sisters of mercy - My Socrates 620.mp3"

any idea what its supposed to be then? who does it sound like? what are the lyrics?

:roll:
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:never heard of "Snowdriver" - could be something else thats been mislabelled and we know it as something else :?:

there are a few mish/sisters cross-over tracks - have a search as they were discussed not long ago. 8)

the sisters also did an instrumental version of serpent's kis :urff:
I think that's Driven Like The Snow mislabeled as 'Snowdriver' (It was mislabeled as such on a bootleg CD, I cannot remember the title, 12" Collection or something it was called; it has a red cover with a 'Gothic' type face, anyone know/recognize what I'm talking about ?
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Correl
Road Kill

Its 5:07 long
Has a tribal drum opening then sort of sisters-ish guitars for a while,

Its starts
Where are you, the river rose

Almost sounds like the voice singing "no no no" in no time to cry on the wake video. If youve got AIM id be glad to send you the file.

EDIT: This snowdriver sounds quite different, No lyrics and its only a 1:27 long. Its just the bass part from driven like the snow, the rest is rather different.
Dan
Overbomber

I downloaded Snowdriver once. It was the same as Driven Like The Snow from the floodland demos. If it's only 1.27 then I guess it cuts early. I'm sure the one I downloaded was longer.

Flood III is exactly the same as Flood II from floodland demos.

And nobody mention Cry Little Sister...
EDIT: Oh boy I just looked at that page. What a lot of bogus or incorrectly titles Sisters tracks. >_<