VNV NATION

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

If any of you d be now 16-17 years old, which band could excite you so
much to become your favourite group???
Honestly the vast majority of bands around at the moment are of
very poor quality-both music and lyrics, let alone to be realy exciting
Am i getting old? i dunno but imho there s only one band around
that you can worship, track down their complete discography
and go to every gig you have the chance as they are absolutely awesome live,
Those of you who don t know them i d suggest next time you go to
the record shop, give m a try, you may do a huge favour to yourself..
"Empires" or "futureperfect" are a good place to start.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, they are great 8)
I think someone set my soul alight
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Beloved :notworthy: :notworthy:
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
Dark Angel
Amphetamine Filth

oh to be 17 again :D

dunno...spose there's always been sh|te bands around even when I was 17...guess that's why I loved The Stranglers when I was 17 instead of Duran Duran :D
Andie
Overbomber

lets remember that there was a revoloution in the music industy when i was a teenager (yep...t' punks)...so my fave bands when i was 16 - 17 were equally as nondescript/crap as the bands are today...

i still have soft spots for the likes of Siouxsie, Damned, Killing Joke, Cure and of course Duran Duran, Human League and Soft Cell...

ahh...1981... :notworthy:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Dark Angel
Amphetamine Filth

well I'll give Soft Cell a listen and maybe Human League (although my Mum liked them :eek: you can't listen to a band your Mum likes when you're a teenager) but Duran Duran?
Andie
Overbomber

Dark Angel wrote:well I'll give Soft Cell a listen and maybe Human League (although my Mum liked them :eek: you can't listen to a band your Mum likes when you're a teenager) but Duran Duran?

Duran Duran :notworthy: and i'm not going to say that it's because i fancy'd Simon Le Bon...it's because...well...i just liked 'em...

i'll get me coat again... :eek:
Dark Angel
Amphetamine Filth

john taylor :D woops no I don't like them

ermmm JJ Burnell :notworthy:
Andie
Overbomber

Dark Angel wrote:ermmm JJ Burnell :notworthy:

the euroman cometh :eek: :notworthy: ;D 8)
Thea
Overbomber

VNV are EVIL i tells ya!
James Blast
Banned

I Tried, I Gave Up... :(

The host you are trying to contact may not exist.

The host does exist, but the file you are asking for doesn't.

The host does exist, but only as an alias (or additional A record) for another host. Try examining the reverse DNS for the host you are trying to reach, and if the reverse lookup yields a different host name, try that one instead.

The host does exist, but you are trying to refer to it by IP address rather than host name. Use the host name instead of the IP address.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

VNV are fooking marvellous, even if (or maybe especially because) their entire career seems to be based on variants of The Sisters' Colours. They'd better tour the UK next year, and not just hide in the darker corners of Germany.

Personal faves...Beloved, Electronaut, and 99% of Empires. Haven't heard anything pre-Empires yet, but a mate has just got their new(ish) dvd, so I daresay I'll catch up then.

And of course, they're good mates with APB. Now there's a gig I'd pay good money to see. Sisters headlining them maybe? Whaddya you think?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
_emma_
Overbomber

Isn't their singer the one who said something about a "puppet show" at M'era Luna once? :evil:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

_emma_ wrote:Isn't their singer the one who said something about a "puppet show" at M'era Luna once? :evil:
Apparently so. You have to agree that's funny, showing both excellent knowledge of The Sisters' history, and a highly tuned sense of irony, given VNV's totally (vocals aside) mechanoid live show. Respect.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
pikkrong
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Isn't their singer the one who said something about a "puppet show" at M'era Luna once? :evil:
Yes, in 2002. I was there (in the rain, in the rain, in the rain rain rain rain rain) :innocent:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

pikkrong wrote:
Yes, in 2002. I was there (in the rain, in the rain, in the rain rain rain rain rain) :innocent:
So was I. Mud too.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dark Angel wrote:well I'll give Soft Cell a listen and maybe Human League (although my Mum liked them :eek: you can't listen to a band your Mum likes when you're a teenager) but Duran Duran?
Human leaugue produced a couple of fine lp's :notworthy:
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

17 .......
god that was a long time ago

stiff little fingers

dead kennedys

devo
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

nigel d wrote:17 .......
god that was a long time ago

stiff little fingers

dead kennedys

devo
I can t believe it s been 20 years now since the first time i listened to the
sisters :cry:

I remember my brother coming home with a copy of birthday party s
"bad seed" , joy's "closer" and a tape with Alice on it..... oh dear
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

I DO like VNV. For a newcomer, I'd start out with "Praise the Fallen" then "Empires". I wasn't too crazy about "Futureperfect", though. I'm actually going to see them next month in NYC at Avalon (formerly the Limelight). :)
My name is Deirdre and I'm a music nerd.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

dee902 wrote:I DO like VNV. For a newcomer, I'd start out with "Praise the Fallen" then "Empires". I wasn't too crazy about "Futureperfect", though. I'm actually going to see them next month in NYC at Avalon (formerly the Limelight). :)
Spawny git. Isn't that the old church venue? If so, what a perfect place for them. Enjoy it.
rapture_radio
Amphetamine Filth

oh the 80s I missed out on them.I was alive, but all those drugs...I wonder what happened in the 80s....I do like VNV though, have a few good bootlegs I will air on the radio station soon
VonOben

[quote="sunset yellow"]If any of you d be now 16-17 years old, which band could excite you so
much to become your favourite group???[quote]

16 Horsepower / Woven hand / David Eugene Edwards or whatever name he's currently performing under.
"Baby... boogie... baby." - AE
lucretia

I was turned in the general direction of VNV Nation about a year ago by a chum in Chicago - got quite a lot of MP3's then decided to get Praise the Fallen - "PTF 2012" reminds me of Dvorak and makes me cry, the "Dark Angel" song I used to play a lot on me old piano - they do it better. :oops:
"Standing" was the first track I heard that got me hooked onto them, I still like that one a lot, as well as the gorgeous "Beloved" .
I can't listen to them a lot these days though, not full enough anymore.
one day at a time
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

FFS Dave asks:

"Isn't that the old church venue?"

That it is. Sadly it had recently gone from being an impressive club/concert venue that celebrated all things musically subversive to being rechristened/remodeled as Avalon which boasts a hip-hop/bland disco agenda.

j0hn.......