Baby Baby Baby Baby!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

So when exactly was Ian Astbury lead singer of the Sisters of Mercy?

Poxy Herald. It's been going downhill ever since they dropped the "Glasgow"...
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:lol: Priceless. Ian should be proud.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i refer the right honourable gentleman to Von's First Law Of The Internet ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Red_Kola wrote:So when exactly was Ian Astbury lead singer of the Sisters of Mercy?
Wayne & Craig did appear on stage with the Cult at Leeds Uni in May 85, so technically he almost was for about 10 minutes. :lol:
Give me one good reason
WhiskeyPoet
Road Kill

And...didn't Craig play on the Cults self-titled record in 1990?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

WhiskeyPoet wrote:And...didn't Craig play on the Cults self-titled record in 1990?
I wasn't aware they released a self-titled record in 1990. :?:

I would dearly love to see the two individuals merged (like all that stuff in the papers today where they turned Maggie into Marylin Monroe), and delivered to me as quickly as possible.

Can't think what I'd do with the resulting creature... :twisted: :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

boudicca wrote:(like all that stuff in the papers today where they turned Maggie into Marylin Monroe)
I saw an animated version of that. Was it just me or was Elsie Tanner lurking somewhere in the middle of it?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
allfear

The cult - The Cult (the one with a Bull on the cover) was released in 1994, and they did 2 fab singles Star and Coming Down.
Spiggy's hat

allfear wrote:The cult - The Cult (the one with a Bull on the cover) was released in 1994, and they did 2 fab singles Star and Coming Down.
They performed a great version of Star on UK tv programme The Word, which ended with Ian stage diving into the audience.

Wasn't it a goat on the cover?
Give me one good reason
allfear

Spiggy's hat wrote:
allfear wrote:The cult - The Cult (the one with a Bull on the cover) was released in 1994, and they did 2 fab singles Star and Coming Down.
They performed a great version of Star on UK tv programme The Word, which ended with Ian stage diving into the audience.

Some farm animal, i have the toed clip on video, loved the word, duran duran were on the last ever episode dod a punk version of hungarly like the wolf!
smiscandlon
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
boudicca wrote:(like all that stuff in the papers today where they turned Maggie into Marylin Monroe)
I saw an animated version of that. Was it just me or was Elsie Tanner lurking somewhere in the middle of it?
It would be more amusing (and possibly less of a stretch) to have Thatcher morph into Marilyn Manson...
анархия
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I'm getting the "Pure Cult" DVD from Santa!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just um... discovered that. :lol: :roll: (Every bloody year!) Long hours of drooling over the "shamanic conjurer from Zap City" await, hehe! :D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andie
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:

i think the cover was an interpretation of a Black Sheep...the outsider...as in black sheep of the family...

not that i'd know anything about the Cult of course... :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Andie
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:I'm getting the "Pure Cult" DVD from Santa!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

have you found the hidden sections yet?... :innocent:

again...not that i'd know nowt or anything like...but um... :notworthy:

i'll get me coat! :roll:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.