Do any of you...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

Do any of you take note of people you see with sisters t-shirts on? Obviously they are a lot more rare nowadays! But recently in glasgow i have seen a guy with a leather jacket with the head star logo on the back, a woman with a sisters long sleeved top, and a guy yesterday with a sisters t-shirt. Never seen any in aberdeen or edinburgh yet....very disappointing!
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

o yes I take notice of them...
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Last one I saw was a woman on the tube a few months back. I invited her to join Heartland. I've not heard from her or seen her since ... :roll:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Thea
Overbomber

Yeah...
Then again, most people i see in Sheff wearing sisters tees are people i know already...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

JB wrote:Last one I saw was a woman on the tube a few months back. I invited her to join Heartland. I've not heard from her or seen her since ... :roll:
i usually try and persuade them to join up too :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I do actually wear one occasionally when out at the old squat party/illegal rave shennanigans.. always draws a comment or two! :)
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I've never seen a single one in Glasgow other than my own, though judging from the number of Weegies on this board I should have.

I once saw a car with a massive logo right over the back window. I just stood and gawped at it. It was in the car park next to Partick station, didn't belong to anyone here by any chance?

The car was black BTW! :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
christophe
Overbomber

I had a number of funny conversations starting with, Hey i like your T-shirt. sometimes it takes a while before guy's realise I'm talking about the image on it :wink:
they are very rare though :( and most of them don't know of my heartland
But I have seen a few car's driving around with the MR logo on the back, maybe you Izzy :innocent:
Another Shade of You.
Big Si
School Bully

boudicca wrote:I've never seen a single one in Glasgow other than my own, though judging from the number of Weegies on this board I should have.

I once saw a car with a massive logo right over the back window. I just stood and gawped at it. It was in the car park next to Partick station, didn't belong to anyone here by any chance?

The car was black BTW! :wink:
With "Goff" on the number plate? More of a very dark green colour, than black. I used to walk pass that every day on my way to work, when I lived in the West End. :roll:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

was it a Volkswagon Goff GTI?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I wear my old 1991 Sisters top, and I saw someone wearing one that looked in far better condition (black, not grey like mine) at The Damned's gig.

I could buy a short sleeved Merciful Release top here though, as one shop does have a couple in.
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:was it a Volkswagon Goff GTI?
:lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I tend to stick to a small sisters badge on the lapel of my jacket (the symbol from the front of the Walk Away 12") as a discreet sign to the illuminati.
James Blast
Banned

I don't wear any outward signs anymore, my heart remains black
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

lazarus corporation wrote:I tend to stick to a small sisters badge on the lapel of my jacket (the symbol from the front of the Walk Away 12") as a discreet sign to the illuminati.
My bag, which I cart about with me wherever I'm going, come rain or shine, has a lovely little patch on it with the MR logo and "Sisters Of Mercy, 1985" around. And a little Cult iron cross badge. I'm ever so proud of it... 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
hallucienate
Overbomber

I'm probably the only person wearing sisters T-shirts around here for several thousands kilometers :roll:
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

They are selling sisters t-shirts in Hellfire in glasgow, i just wonder how many people will buy them just for the cool logo and have no idea what the band are about!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Apparently this year's "must have" t-shirt is the Ramones. I saw a guy wearing one the other day, went over and said "hey, you like the Ramones? Gabba gabba hey!"

The guy gave me a withering look and said "it's a fashion thing. Get over yourself." :eek:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

markfiend wrote:Apparently this year's "must have" t-shirt is the Ramones. I saw a guy wearing one the other day, went over and said "hey, you like the Ramones? Gabba gabba hey!"

The guy gave me a withering look and said "it's a fashion thing. Get over yourself." :eek:
I've got one for Christmas! Supposedly. Must be way ahead of my time. 8) Or a fashion victim ... :|

But my current fashion tip is 'you can never have enough pointy-boots'. Thank you. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'm with jb on the boot thing :von: :lol:

but yeah, i've had a ramones tee for a couple of years now.

i also have a rather fetching led zepp one - thus i predict them to be next years' big fashion tee :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Elektra_byron
Road Kill

Nazareth wrote:Do any of you take note of people you see with sisters t-shirts on? Obviously they are a lot more rare nowadays! But recently in glasgow i have seen a guy with a leather jacket with the head star logo on the back, a woman with a sisters long sleeved top, and a guy yesterday with a sisters t-shirt. Never seen any in aberdeen or edinburgh yet....very disappointing!
I used to wear my "F..k me and marry me youg" skinny Tee. It certainly got me noticed :D But I've lost it somewhere so now my fav is the girlie "People's republic" - which is much more subtle. Other people in TSOM T-Shirts? well... you do see them sometimes, but its a lot more rare - you were right! BTW - if anybody knows where to byu F..k me and merry me young T-Shirt, please let me know - I'm about to get divorced so it may be useful soon :?
"I live not seeing stars
I speak not understanding words
I wait not counting days
till somebody breaks through this wall"
Rafal Wojaczek
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

The Scene won't save you...
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Used to wear Sisters' t-shirts frequently when I lived in Aberdeen.
I know I'm thin, but didn't think I'd quite achieved invisibility! :wink:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I've seen nary a soul with a Sisters T in the US of A of late. Apparently, the T shirt of Jay Z smoking a cigar and wearing a Knicks jersey is far more popular...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
James Blast
Banned

Electrochrome wrote:I've seen nary a soul with a Sisters T in the US of A of late. Apparently, the T shirt of Jay Z smoking a cigar and wearing a Knicks jersey is far more popular...
there's no accounting for taste
~ Peter Steele