VCD question

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I have got no idea about these types of things so does anyone know........
would a normal DVD player play a VCD (video compact disc?)?
and...........
I don't have a normal DVD player so would my XBOX play it (the VCD) as it plays normal DVD's?
Or would my computer be more likely to play it?

Thank you :notworthy:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

My "no-thrills" (£30 from Amazon) DVD player plays VCDs happily. No idea about XBOXs though
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I have got no idea about these types of things so does anyone know........
would a normal DVD player play a VCD (video compact disc?)?
and...........
I don't have a normal DVD player so would my XBOX play it (the VCD) as it plays normal DVD's?
Or would my computer be more likely to play it?

Thank you :notworthy:
Normally just about any DVD player will handle a VCD ... re: Xbox: a non-modified Xbox won't play any type of home made discs AFAIK unless it's one of the later builds that has a Philips CD drive (like mine) that can read CD-RW (not CD-R) ...

... an Xbox can also be modified w/ a chip but that's "illegal". :innocent:
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Debaser
Overbomber

Whoops...
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Thanks guys :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
lazarus corporation wrote:My "no-thrills" (£30 from Amazon) DVD player plays VCDs happily.
I think that sounds like the way to go. What "make" is it so I can order one?
:D
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Thanks guys :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
lazarus corporation wrote:My "no-thrills" (£30 from Amazon) DVD player plays VCDs happily.
Mine's a Daytek P818 Multi-region DVD Player, but they seem to have gone up in price (now £38.99)

But Amazon currently have a Starlogic Multi-region 2.1 DVD Player for £29.99 which looks like it will do the job:
This stylish player is more than just a DVD player as it includes JPEG and MP3 picture and music CD/DVD support. The player is also compatible with the following CD media: DVD, SVCD, VCD, CD Audio, CD-G, HD-CD, MP3 and JPEG images stored on CD-R/CD+R media. Although not mentioned in the product manual, the Starlogic will also playback DVD+R/+RW and DVD-R/-RW dics [sic] :roll: .
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Thanks guys :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Mine's a Daytek P818 Multi-region DVD Player, but they seem to have gone up in price (now £38.99)

But Amazon currently have a Starlogic Multi-region 2.1 DVD Player for £29.99 which looks like it will do the job:
This stylish player is more than just a DVD player as it includes JPEG and MP3 picture and music CD/DVD support. The player is also compatible with the following CD media: DVD, SVCD, VCD, CD Audio, CD-G, HD-CD, MP3 and JPEG images stored on CD-R/CD+R media. Although not mentioned in the product manual, the Starlogic will also playback DVD+R/+RW and DVD-R/-RW dics.
Great! Thanks :notworthy:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Oooh just bought one! :D
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

The cheaper DVD players tend to play anything whilst the name brands tend to be fussy.
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.