More Sisters.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Found in my usual record shop haunt:

The Reptile House EP - £3.99 (ROGI- For Spiggy/Paint In Black) Was the typo intentional?
This Corrosion 12" - £2.99 (ROGI - None, surprisingly. A few machine pressed numbers, but no "I'll be picking up your petals in a nother few hours". Or was that just the 7"?

The guy only charged me £5.99. Nice guy.

Maybe both are bootlegs. Either way, this brings the total Sisters vinyls of mine up to 3 (4 if Gift is included). Only another 20 or so to get. -_-
Marc
Road Kill

:P Dark, I think you like this item, but not the price?

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 41473&rd=1
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Marc wrote::P Dark, I think you like this item, but not the price?

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 41473&rd=1
I did take a look at it, but I decided to avoid it. I would like it though.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Dark wrote:Found in my usual record shop haunt:

The Reptile House EP - £3.99 (ROGI- For Spiggy/Paint In Black) Was the typo intentional?
This Corrosion 12" - £2.99 (ROGI - None, surprisingly. A few machine pressed numbers, but no "I'll be picking up your petals in a nother few hours". Or was that just the 7"?

Maybe both are bootlegs. Either way, this brings the total Sisters vinyls of mine up to 3 (4 if Gift is included). Only another 20 or so to get. -_-
cant say i've ever noticed the (deliberate?) typo on reptile house, but neither are likely to be bootlegs. as far as i know only the damage done was ever bootlegged. even the 2nd rarest single "body electric" never seemed to be worth bootlegging...

you may find that the reptile house is a re-issue (cant remember how you tell - might be the presence of a bar code or something), but to be honest i never bothered about that - i think my RH, ToL and alice are all re-issues. its still the same single innit? ;D

and you cant argue with the two of them for 6 quid :von: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:
Dark wrote:Found in my usual record shop haunt:

cant say i've ever noticed the (deliberate?) typo on reptile house, but neither are likely to be bootlegs. as far as i know only the damage done was ever bootlegged. even the 2nd rarest single "body electric" never seemed to be worth bootlegging...

you may find that the reptile house is a re-issue (cant remember how you tell - might be the presence of a bar code or something), but to be honest i never bothered about that - i think my RH, ToL and alice are all re-issues. its still the same single innit? ;D

and you cant argue with the two of them for 6 quid :von: :notworthy:
There's no barcode on either, just pink writing on the RH. I was a little surprised that the first song was just called "Kiss" though.

I showed it to my sister on the way back from the shop (we'd gone in to get me some clothes for her wedding, and we found some quite nice gothy-esque smart clothes. In Topshop of all places).
She commented that Patricia Morrison looked quite goth, and Von looked remeniscent of a slightly gay biker. She thought it was a little "flowery" ("I'll be picking up your petals"..?), and that it looked more New Romantic than Goth. I was too busy laughing after that to retort.

And that's twice the owner's given me a quid off the price. Maybe it's for buying in bulk, getting those second hand records off his hands, or that he knows my sister, or maybe he's just being nice.
Either way, next singles I see in there are mine (hands off, Lincoln-based fans!)

That was, incidentally, where I found a £3 Dr Jeep and a £3 Floodland. God bless the people selling their old records to the shop. :)

((Also, thanks to anyone who's been following the clicky in my sig. The hits on the site are now over 200, and that makes me warm with happiness. And it's all thanks to you.))
Francis
Overbomber

Dark wrote:((Also, thanks to anyone who's been following the clicky in my sig. The hits on the site are now over 200, and that makes me warm with happiness. And it's all thanks to you.))
I think your concept of a band that has no songs and doesn't play gigs is way ahead of its time. I wish you well as you lie on your bed dreaming of appearing on Cribs.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Francis wrote:
Dark wrote:((Also, thanks to anyone who's been following the clicky in my sig. The hits on the site are now over 200, and that makes me warm with happiness. And it's all thanks to you.))
I think your concept of a band that has no songs and doesn't play gigs is way ahead of its time. I wish you well as you lie on your bed dreaming of appearing on Cribs.
It's better than being in a band who's only loyal members are a drum machine and an arrogant fuckwit singer.

We've got lives outside of each other anyway, we'll do things in our own time.

I wish you well as you lie on your bed dreaming of another Sisters album.
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote: I wish you well as you lie on your bed dreaming of another Sisters album.
Better than dreaming about a Sisterhood album....!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Nazareth wrote:
Dark wrote: I wish you well as you lie on your bed dreaming of another Sisters album.
This is starting to hurt.
And since we both know we're not going to get either, shall we call it stalemate?
Francis
Overbomber

Dark wrote:I wish you well as you lie on your bed dreaming of another Sisters album.
:roll: I'd lost interest before they'd even released an album. It's amusing to watch you try and recapture my mis-spent youth though.
James Blast
Banned

Francis= Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Marc
Road Kill

Nazareth wrote:
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Francis
Overbomber

You know me too well James. :lol:

I think I'll go and lie down while I wait for Dark to release an album. :wink:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Francis wrote:You know me too well James. :lol:

I think I'll go and lie down while I wait for Dark to release an album. :wink:
Hope you have a nice comfy bed, we've only got a b-side done so far. :lol:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

didn't fancy a new t-shirt then dark :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3862993834

:notworthy: :notworthy: :eek: :von:
Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

is that real PIB ?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:is that real PIB ?
Precisely why I didn't mention it earlier. Did they sell those? And even if they did, bidding's over on it. :roll:
taylor
Slight Overbomber

I remember that those tshirt, together to Alice orange tshirt instead of classic gold, was sold at Royal Albert All tshirt stall. It sure are originals and never repressed
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:didn't fancy a new t-shirt then dark :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3862993834

:notworthy: :notworthy: :eek: :von:
This is the only shirt to be seen in this year darling.......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 02489&rd=1
Give me one good reason
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"I remember that those tshirt, together to Alice orange tshirt instead of classic gold, was sold at Royal Albert All tshirt stall. It sure are originals and never repressed"

Why didn't you buy one then rather than wait 19 years and pay ten/twelve times the price! The only t-shirt ver to be seen dead in was the Black October one and i sold mine years ago as it was far too small and extremely faded! Still got a very young me photographed in at the Seaside Festival Belgium 1985!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

According to this seemingly reputable source, original pressings of The Reptile House EP have the MR number on the side whereas repressings have Made In England.

If this is true, guess I've got an original Reptile House. o.o
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dark wrote:guess I've got an original Reptile House. o.o
Good work ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Well f**k me, so have I! Cheers Dark, that's made my day! :wink:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

timsinister wrote:Well f**k me, so have I! Cheers Dark, that's made my day! :wink:
Heh, I like to think I made a difference.
markfiend wrote:Dark wrote:
guess I've got an original Reptile House. o.o

Good work ;D
Right, next time I'm at my sister's house, I'm bringing along that, and we can turn down the lights, light some candles, and listen to it. Perfectly goth, IMHO. :von:

Mind, I'll probably also bring Body And Soul, This Corrosion, the My Chemical Romance CD I bought that my sis wants. And who knows, maybe even Gift again.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Also, I forgot to mention:

Two latest acquisitions:

Vision Thing sampler containing VT, More and Detonation Boulevard. And Vision Thing too.

Now I need I Was Wrong and Detonation Boulevard singles (both promos, IIRC?)