It's an absolute disgrace

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Dirty bast*rd paedo tw*t released early

And people wonder why there's Daily Mail induced lynch mobs. After all the research that proves these people are mental and really believe they've done nothing wrong, they are STILL getting let out to do it again.

IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i dont remember the specifics of the case but the beeb website quotes mr king as saying:
"I'm innocent of the charges against me. There is no issue of the acts being consensual, there were no acts. However much people try, you can't bend the truth.

"There's no truth in the offences whatsoever. One of the five men I am accused of abusing I have never even met and there is no evidence I ever did meet him."
could it be that he's merely a homosexual man whom is also publicly disliked? and that he was part of a witch-trial that was going around at the time where they were trying to find every aging celeb of questionable sexuality guilty of paedophilia? :?:

i prepare to stand corrected though - as i say i dont know or remember enough about the case/trial to have an opinion based on anything solid...

i mist admit that given the nature of his conviction, his glib remarks seem a little tasteless... :|
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 29 Mar 2005, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
canon docre
Overbomber

I m not familiar with this old pervert. On which circumstance is the term "pop mogul" based on?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Quiff Boy wrote:i dont remember the specifics of the case but the beeb website quotes mr king as saying:
"I'm innocent of the charges against me. There is no issue of the acts being consensual, there were no acts. However much people try, you can't bend the truth.

"There's no truth in the offences whatsoever. One of the five men I am accused of abusing I have never even met and there is no evidence I ever did meet him."
could it be that he's merely a homosexual man whom is also publicly disliked? and that he was part of a witch-trial that was going around at the time where they were trying to find every aging celeb of questionable sexuality guilty of paedophilia? :?:

i prepare to stand corrected though - as i say i dont know or remember enough about the case/trial to have an opinion based on anything solid...

i mist admit that given the nature of his conviction, his glib remarks seem a little tasteless... :|
Well he hasn't been cleared, just released early. I realise while just because he's been convicted of the crime, doesn't necessarily make him guilty, but I'd like to read between the lines here. Perhaps he is is telling the truth. Perhaps it was consensual. Isn't the law there for a reason? These boys were STILL underage. They are CHILDREN and the law is there to protect them. He's still a paedo in my eyes and should not be out of prison.
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i dont remember the specifics of the case but the beeb website quotes mr king as saying:

Well he hasn't been cleared, just released early. I realise while just because he's been convicted of the crime, doesn't necessarily make him guilty, but I'd like to read between the lines here. Perhaps he is is telling the truth. Perhaps it was consensual. Isn't the law there for a reason? These boys were STILL underage. They are CHILDREN and the law is there to protect them. He's still a paedo in my eyes and should not be out of prison.
he claims "there were no acts", not even concensual ones... :?:

i dont think for a second just because he says it it must be true, its just that i have an inherant distrust in the ability of the british legal system to actually find the right man for any given crime :(
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Fair enough. But just to make you aware......I am he..............

LOL
Only a paand.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Jonathan King wrote:"I have had no complaints at all about my time inside, apart from the food at Broadmoor."
I totally agree. It's the worst I've ever had ...
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Are you a paedo too?
Only a paand.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Are you a paedo too?
No. It was more a poorly conceived 'joke' that Broadmoor also caters for madmen and nutters. :roll:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I know. I was helping <sigh>
Only a paand.
ruffers
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote: He's still a paedo in my eyes and should not be out of prison.
If not now when? Never?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Well for a start he hasn't completed his sentence..........
Only a paand.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

And most prisoners are eligible for parole, so why shouldn't he?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Mrs RicheyJames wrote: Dirty bast*rd paedo tw*t released early

And people wonder why there's Daily Mail induced lynch mobs. After all the research that proves these people are mental and really believe they've done nothing wrong, they are STILL getting let out to do it again.

IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.
actually, the daily mails sits on the fence, the group is wise enough to avoid being sued. :roll:

mail comment, which i agree with (does that make me old) was that it's a shame he's so boastful (2m profit) and that (i also agree with this) a 'victim' thinks he shouldn't have been released until he at least showed some compassion for the situation 'i.e. fine call not guilty, but boys were abused, don't rub it in.

as i recall, there was a gang, music people, who confessed to the crimes :evil: and he was implicated

also agree with andy, when should he be released then, and to where tailand :roll:
Goths have feelings too
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Less tolerant of pervs in the middle east.That's why most of their jails are practically empty.

Less crime because they know jolly well what the consequences will be.

Go to the square in Riyadh on friday's.

Sorry but it's taxpayers money that's keeps the likes of Mr.King.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

paint it black wrote:mail comment, which i agree with (does that make me old) was that it's a shame he's so boastful (2m profit) and that (i also agree with this) a 'victim' thinks he shouldn't have been released until he at least showed some compassion for the situation 'i.e. fine call not guilty, but boys were abused, don't rub it in.
yep, i think thats a fair point. some kind of sensitivity to the situation would have been nice, guilty or not.
paint it black wrote:as i recall, there was a gang, music people, who confessed to the crimes :evil: and he was implicated
ahhh, that sounds familiar now. did he at any stage admit his guilt or involvement? or was his name just mentioned by others involved? there was a lot of tension and bad feeling about that sort of stuff at the time wasnt there? in the same was as the rochdale "ritual child abuse" scandal in the 80s (not that some of that wasnt true either!)

one wonders if he is actually innocent....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

elamanamou wrote:Less tolerant of pervs in the middle east.That's why most of their jails are practically empty.

Less crime because they know jolly well what the consequences will be.

Go to the square in Riyadh on friday's.

Sorry but it's taxpayers money that's keeps the likes of Mr.King.
Oh yeah let's just behead them all. It's a good job the justice system never makes mistakes. :roll:

Stefan Kisko? The Guildford four? etc...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

also, the middle east has radically different cultural ideas (be sure to cover up those bodies now, ladies!).

you cant really compare the effectiveness of judicial systems due to the differing social norms and values.
ruffers
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Well for a start he hasn't completed his sentence..........
Nobody does.

As ever, I end up saying that the judicial system has followed its due process and we have to have some faith in that. It's not perfect but I'd rather have ours than any other I've heard of. It's the objectivity of the system that allows us to have a little bit of faith in it, and that is about removing some of the knee jerk emotive reactions.
Last edited by ruffers on 29 Mar 2005, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:also, the middle east has radically different cultural ideas (be sure to cover up those bodies now, ladies!).

you cant really compare the effectiveness of judicial systems due to the differing social norms and values.
Well, you can, IMHO.

Talk to ACPO, or a similar body, and they will bang on about how fear of crime is arguably a greater problem than crime itself. In parts of London there are bus adverts proclaiming that 99% of people in Havering (or possibly Barking & Dagenham) have not been victims of violent crime, in a bid to redress this. (Does it work? Not sure, but I don't normally remember adverts on the side of buses so it's doing something right).

Does the Middle Eastern system promote less fear of crime than ours? And how does that shape social norms and values?

I remember the old Communist argument about how the West offered 'freedom to' while they provided 'freedom from'. Comparing the two legal systems could take us down that road .... and it would be interesting to see what a majority would prefer.
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:also, the middle east has radically different cultural ideas (be sure to cover up those bodies now, ladies!).

When I've visited Dubai I've always covered myself up especially during Ramadan.... As the saying goes "When in Rome"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

what i was trying to allude to was that middle eastern cultural attitudes towards women, children, and sexuality are very different to ours.

at risk of generalising, so are their attitudes towards and definitions of crime.

the reasons for the differing crime rates run deeper than just having an extremely brutal legal system and s**t-hole prisons.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:what i was trying to allude to was that middle eastern cultural attitudes towards women, children, and sexuality are very different to ours.

at risk of generalising, so are their attitudes towards and definitions of crime.

the reasons for the differing crime rates run deeper than just having an extremely brutal legal system and s**t-hole prisons.
Sure, but is that true?

Isn't the attitude of the western public (as opposed to politicians) more in the 'string 'em up by the balls' camp, as eloquently implied by Mrs James at the start of this thread?

Perhaps our democratically elected governments should start giving the voters what they want, instead of what they think is good for them. Repressive dictatorships seem to manage it OK, in terms of criminal justice at least. :wink:

/puts down spoon, goes back to doing some work/
Candover Premiere
Road Kill

Mrs RicheyJames wrote: Dirty bast*rd paedo tw*t released early

IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.
Is your signature emoticon deliberately meant to look like an older banana mating with a younger banana?

It was the sun wot started the lynch mobs with name and shame.

Child abuse must be one of the hardest of all crimes to correctly legislate for. It needs informed debate which it will never get for as long as the red tops characterise it as a black and white issue.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

<sigh> It's mummy and daddy banana actually.

And where the bloody hell have you been???
Only a paand.