Gig 3 - Do I see a tour emerging? ;-)

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
aims
Overbomber

http://www.013web.nl/

Just posted to dominion (so I wouldn't be surprised if someone beats me to it here). Now if only they'd put us out of our misery and bring it over to the UK ;) The best thing about this one is that actual dates are there - looks like August 6th =)

Edit: Seems that this one is allowing pre-sale of tickets from Saturday onwards (according to a reply posting anyway, my Dutch isn't that good :P).
christophe
Overbomber

yes indeed.
the presale is starting saturday.
I'm gone make this trip for sure!
Another Shade of You.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Motz wrote:http://www.013web.nl/

Just posted to dominion (so I wouldn't be surprised if someone beats me to it here). Now if only they'd put us out of our misery and bring it over to the UK ;) The best thing about this one is that actual dates are there - looks like August 6th =)

Edit: Seems that this one is allowing pre-sale of tickets from Saturday onwards (according to a reply posting anyway, my Dutch isn't that good :P).
Presales start this saturday indeed, costs 30 euros and 3.35 servicecosts :D
I'll be first in line buying mine this saturday 8) :D !
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

YEAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!

I will bete there !!!!!!!

I can offer some place to sleep for 2 persons traveling !
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

So what does that lot mean? Where are they playing? Is it a concert hall, a festival, or what?

Does sound promising though, this ever increasing number of gigs. :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

That's indoors as far as I can tell. Interestingly they list the line-up including Adam?! This is becoming scary.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:So what does that lot mean? Where are they playing? Is it a concert hall, a festival, or what?
Yep - the 013 is a big concert hall (Rammstein and NIN have both played there in the past), x-thousand capacity. And Tilburg is near Eidenhoven which Ryanair fly to, which means cheap flights. :)
The Scene won't save you...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:So what does that lot mean? Where are they playing? Is it a concert hall, a festival, or what?
Yep - the 013 is a big concert hall (Rammstein and NIN have both played there in the past), x-thousand capacity. And Tilburg is near Eidenhoven which Ryanair fly to, which means cheap flights. :)
More to the point, how long does the train from the Dam to Tilburg take? :D :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:More to the point, how long does the train from the Dam to Tilburg take? :D :twisted:
I have visions of an excessive weekend! :urff: :innocent:

It's about an hour and a half from the Dam (I just checked). Next time though, it's your turn to do some research! :wink: :roll:
The Scene won't save you...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:More to the point, how long does the train from the Dam to Tilburg take? :D :twisted:
I have visions of an excessive weekend! :urff: :innocent:

It's about an hour and a half from the Dam (I just checked). Next time though, it's your turn to do some research! :wink: :roll:
Undoubtedly, but you're sooo good at it. :wink: Heartland's very own Ask Jeeves, no less. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Which gig I get to is very dependant on my financial situation. No doubt it's cheaper to get to Holland, but cash seems to fly out of my pockets there. Strange, that.
paul
Overbomber

It would be great to see you again, Simon !!!
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Oooh.. this just gets better and better....

First, we have some god-forsaken goth fest in deepest Germany...

Then a 10-day festival in Belgium with the chance that the Sisters and the Stooges might play the same day... slim chance mind you...

THEN... we get a gig in Holland.. at the weekend!! Allowing for a day's "recuperation" in the Dam the next day!

Result! ;D
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
aims
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:First, we have some god-forsaken goth fest in deepest Germany...
Shhh... :von: might hear you ;)
christophe
Overbomber

Shadow_Smile wrote:YEAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!

I will bete there !!!!!!!

I can offer some place to sleep for 2 persons traveling !
see you there S_S !!
I think i can make it back home the same day but I'll keep your offer in mind. (you never know how good the afterparty is going to be :twisted: )
Another Shade of You.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Christ, the gigs just keep coming & coming!

What's with the uncertainty about Adam then?!? I'm guessing I've missed something here...
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Purple Light wrote:Christ, the gigs just keep coming & coming!

What's with the uncertainty about Adam then?!? I'm guessing I've missed something here...
building up to something isn't it?

fingers crossed for uk gigs. and oop north ones at that. ;)

re: adam - a couple of weeks ago (maybe 3 now?) there was a link posted to an interview with a german dj who said he had been "working with ex-sisters guitarist adam pearson" :!:

could have been a slip of the tongue, or a poor translation into english, but "the word on the street" would appear to confirm his departure. i've also heard it from half a dozen different sources since then...

:|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Christ, the gigs just keep coming & coming!

building up to something isn't it?

fingers crossed for uk gigs. and oop north ones at that. ;)

re: adam - a couple of weeks ago (maybe 3 now?) there was a link posted to an interview with a german dj who said he had been "working with ex-sisters guitarist adam pearson" :!:

could have been a slip of the tongue, or a poor translation into english, but "the word on the street" would appear to confirm his departure. i've also heard it from half a dozen different sources since then...

:|
& on the related subject, check out my last post in Sisters Chat, 'Does The RH Still Sell Shirts?'

It all seems to make sense then. I want the job! I'm gonna find :von: & make him give it to me!

Shame if he has gone anyway, I thought he fit in well.

Roll on the gigs...
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, here's hoping there are some UK gigs, as us sad-sack Yanks have a better chance of catchin' em on UK soil then trekking all over Europe to deepest darkest Germany and a Goth festival. Although Amsterdam sounds like a very tempting, very unhealthy little weekend getaway.

Will :von: that utter bastardo decide if TSOM is more than a weekend job. For Christ's sake, if Fat Bob and Morrissey, both the same age, can peel their fat asses off the couch and actually write songs AND tour, surely Von must be going mad, knowing he can still play.

How many more greatest frickin hits tours can they do? Did they sell ANY show out during Smoke and Mirrors? They probably made all the money direct from T Shirt sales.

As for a tour here, States-side, that's about as likely as Ben Gunn guesting on guitars.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Oooooooh....the TSOM Tours site has it:

http://tours.tsom.org/2005/
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Just went out and while walking the dog I passed by the record shop, guess what I came home with: A pair of tickets to... the sisters :D :D :D
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Can anybody of you Dutch speaking Heartlanders please guide the less skilled among us (me :oops: ) through the online pre-sale procedure (just giving hints as to where we have to fill in what etc.)? And before that, can anybody tell me whether I can order tickets for that gig from outside The Netherlands at all?

Thank you very much! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist. ... MERCY&l=EN is the link for the online thing in English, though if it doesn't work, you're welcome!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Cheers, that should do! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Netherlands.. right, we're getting nearer and nearer to me, and the gigs seem to be getting cheaper too, but they still haven't crossed the bloody Channel. :evil:
aims
Overbomber

They're not getting nearer by any means. Just skirting around us in a mocking fashion. It'll be Denmark next and then up to Sweden ;)