and the band members this year

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

are of course members of the mish who have decided to tour in July and September leaving August free to help Mr Struggling from Pudsey!! is there any mileage to this complete bollox?
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
aims
Overbomber

:eek:

That would absolutely make my Summer, especially since I'm going to see both. Alas, as with all good things, there's probably absolutely no sense in the rumour. A nice thought though.
Francis
Overbomber

the-happening wrote:Mr Struggling from Pudsey!!
Who's been rooting around in my dustbin?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Correl
Road Kill

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that. If the Sisters were getting back together with just one original member my summer plans will change a lot. It'd be better if they could track down craig adams.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Correl wrote:Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that. If the Sisters were getting back together with just one original member my summer plans will change a lot. It'd be better if they could track down craig adams.
it's complete bollox case of 1 + 1 = 3
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
radiojamaica
Overbomber

well, I do hope they bring a bass player this time!

Or maybe it's just the Eldritch solo thing with him on acoustc guitar & a laptop :innocent:

we'll just have to wait... :von:
in dub we trust
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I was just wondering, what did Andrew do live during the Floodland period?

The only members were him and Morrison, and she didn't even play bass on the record.

Did he just sing live to prerecorded music..or something..
radiojamaica
Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:I was just wondering, what did Andrew do live during the Floodland period?

The only members were him and Morrison, and she didn't even play bass on the record.

Did he just sing live to prerecorded music..or something..
He didn't do much! :wink:

The Sisters didn't tour (because it's not very healthy, is it?!), apart from some promo thingies on Top of the Pops & stuff like that.

There were lots of interviews and the whole media circus started catching on .... 8)

With the Vision Thing LP, the live thing started again... :notworthy:
in dub we trust
James Blast
Banned

radiojamaica wrote: With the Vision Thing LP, the live thing started again... :notworthy:
and what a live band!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"Mr Struggling from Pudsey"

stanningley actually ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've heard from Chris Catalyst (aka Robochrist) that he has indeed got the Sisters gig this summer. Make of that what you will.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and it seems adam is back in the fold.

well thats 2 geetarists. anyone suggest a good bass player thats going spare and prepared to do it for a couple of hundred quid a gig? :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm sure Chris probably knows a bassist or two. He seems to know everyone on the Leeds live music scene.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

So does anyone have anything definitive on what's happened to Chris Sheehan?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Francis
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I'm sure Chris probably knows a bassist or two. He seems to know everyone on the Leeds live music scene.
But does he know a good barber?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Petseri
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:and it seems adam is back in the fold.

well thats 2 geetarists. anyone suggest a good bass player thats going spare and prepared to do it for a couple of hundred quid a gig? :lol:
Is Adam still there or not? :?:

:notworthy: I wholeheartedly agree that a bassist would be a very welcome additional.

Martin
Mafs31
Road Kill

Is Adam still there or not?

Adam is in and Chris is out.... As for his whereabouts I dunno?.. But that's what I've been told

Mafs31
Dvorak
Road Kill

Petseri wrote: :notworthy: I wholeheartedly agree that a bassist would be a very welcome additional.
Somebody told me two weeks ago, that he met a guy in London who was hoping to get an audition for playing bass. I couldn't get no further infos, so nothing more than rumors, sorry.
The boundary of a boundary is zero.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Dvorak wrote:
Petseri wrote: :notworthy: I wholeheartedly agree that a bassist would be a very welcome additional.
Somebody told me two weeks ago, that he met a guy in London who was hoping to get an audition for playing bass. I couldn't get no further infos, so nothing more than rumors, sorry.
...aha, something to work with :innocent: :innocent:
in dub we trust
Mafs31
Road Kill

(Craig Adams was clearly the best candidate to be the band's own Lemmy. Previously a keyboard player, Craig was one of the first bass players to learn his trade with a drum machine, so his timing was brilliant. And he sounded like a juggernaut.)

From The Sisters website (as you all well know)

We all know Von only gave James the job cos he offered him a job in Sputnik..... and he was not a patch On Craig....

The question is can Adams ever be replaced

Mafs31
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

imho james is vastly underrated as a bass player.

he's far handier with a bass that you'd think - everything he's known for goes "dum-de-de-de-de-de-de-de dum-de-de-de-de-de-de-de" because his vision for sputnik involved suicide-esque basslines :notworthy:

and dont forget he too is more than used to playing alongside drum machines... :von:

not trying to suggest for a second he's back on board, because i very much doubt he is, but don't discredit him just because of love missile f1-11 ;)

getting craig & gary back onboard would be a complete and utter coop. to be honest, its probably the only thing that will turn any heads these days - it would generate press interest and interest from casual fans, as well as getting the hardcore fans foaming at the mouth.

anything else will be in serious danger of sounding like cabaret, or a covers band. again. :?

sadly eldritch doesnt seem to grasp the extent of his situation & his "fame" any more, and would appear to be lost in some fantastically over-inflated sense of his own importance, and even worse, his own relevance in todays culture... ...or so it seems.
James Blast
Banned

I really like Tony James' bass playing and he was in a crack live Sisters band so no dissing him, please.
Craig 'am de man' though.

this was posted before QB's post appeared, it takes time for things to update :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:I really like Tony James' bass playing and he was in a crack live Sisters band so no dissing him, please.
Craig 'am de man' though.

this was posted before QB's post appeared, it takes time for things to update :|
And a damn sight more credible than Robo fuckin' Christ.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

@H_C
where the hell have you been
we've been waiting with our best suits on
hair slicked back
and all that jazz?
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Dvorak wrote: Somebody told me two weeks ago, that he met a guy in London who was hoping to get an audition for playing bass. I couldn't get no further infos, so nothing more than rumors, sorry.
...aha, something to work with :innocent: :innocent:
Well, there is a difference between someone hoping to get an audition and a band actually looking for a bassist. I do not see much reason to be optimistic because of such second-hand hearsay.