The Sisters at Glastonbury (Question not statement)

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
DaveTheRave
Road Kill

Anyone going?

I for one would love to see the Sisters added to the line up...but ...Do you think they would cut it at Glastonbury after years of inactivity?... Would they fit in? Do people still remember them?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Maybe Emily Evis is on the blower to Eldritch as we speak.

"Hello Mr. Eldritch, yes, I'm afraid Kylie has had to pull out of this years festival.
Is there any chance you and Mr. RoboChrist could headline the Pyramid stage on the Sunday?"
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
DaveTheRave
Road Kill

It will never happen but one can live in hope...

Can you imagine a field full of hippydom, a beautiful day, stoned people, The Sisters banging out Crash and Burn.....

Fantastic
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

DaveTheRave wrote:It will never happen but one can live in hope...

Can you imagine a field full of hippydom, a beautiful day, stoned people, The Sisters banging out Crash and Burn.....

Fantastic
Agreed. :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :von:

But it'll never happen. It'd be no fun for Von. Too many hippies, I'm afraid.

Shame, like you say Mr TheRave (are we related? :lol: ), it'd be fantastic. :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i agree it probably wouldnt be von's thing...anyway its a f**king nightmare to jump the fence these days and the tickets usually sell out as soon as theyre on sale-not that would stop me!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Never gonna happen.

Good luck, Kylie :cry:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

They did Reading, right? But Glastonbury would be risky - it could either turn into 'hey, let's go along and see that old 80s band that did that song about rust' (good), or else 'hey, let's go and bottle those sad old goths on the other stage' (bad). Plus, I don't think they'd be asked in the first place. But it would be good, yes!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...