Temple of Love - claustrophobia

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I'm going for the first one in both cases - but then I'm a traditionalist
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

or the devil in the black dress is the "naughty" voice/side of his personality and the walking-away guardian angel is the "good" voice/side of his personality; like in the classic internal dilemna over wanting something thats t bad for you whilst knowing you shouldnt...or an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. he wants to casually f**k this person regardless of morally knowing it's "wrong" because life is short. love is always over in ther morning in this situation because whatever affection was professed to get into her knickers is now redundant.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

great!you have it. :notworthy:

and it makes all sense.

temple of love=body=andrew

"ninety-six below the wave"

ninety-six degree fahrenheit.
wiki:
the scale so that the melting point of ice would be 32 degrees and body temperature 96 degrees
:eek:
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Alex66

Age of Maysa, that does seem a great analysis of the lyrics, I see the Devil in a black dress/Gaurdian Angel bit interesting as in the confines of your analysis it can have many meanings and hold multiples at once. As stated the devil/angel on each shoulder, also though could it also be 'devil in a black dress' is temptation and the 'Guardian angel' be resolve being broken. Like someone who say gives up smoking but constantly has one last one and then feels remorse for it after. Did Von have a girlfriend at the time he wrote it? if so it would make sense in the I won't of once more then and then feeling its all crashing around him.

I have found the lyrics of a lot of the songs interesting, but have not looked into a lot of them properly, I might do that for a while is there a good source of them? Though I did spend a long time pondering the Vision Thing ones a lot left out as a similar world view.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

There's this: http://1959.tsom.org/

And here.

And :von: 's head/personal computer, which are both, currently unaccessible.
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Guedzilla wrote:There's this: http://1959.tsom.org/

And here.

And :von: 's head/personal computer, which are both, currently unaccessible.
Um, there's what? 1959 and all that doesn't have an analysis of Temple of Love.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Alex66

I have found this; http://www.mydominionnl.com/sgwbmlyrics.html seems to have a lot of lyrics. Well it will help distract if only for a little while, pondering about the words that is.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Spinoza all the way?

96dB??
Goths have feelings too
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

stufarq wrote:
I was referring to
Alex66 wrote:I have found the lyrics of a lot of the songs interesting, but have not looked into a lot of them properly, I might do that for a while is there a good source of them?
Lyrics interpretation in general… but the question was about the lyrics, not interpretations, my bad. :)
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Guedzilla wrote:
stufarq wrote:
I was referring to
Alex66 wrote:I have found the lyrics of a lot of the songs interesting, but have not looked into a lot of them properly, I might do that for a while is there a good source of them?
Lyrics interpretation in general… but the question was about the lyrics, not interpretations, my bad. :)
Ah, fair enough.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There's also the line "96 tears in 96 eyes" in Human Fly by The Cramps
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell