Rammstein in the UK

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Anybody going to see them in July? BTW - who can guess what band is supporting them (unoficial news but from one of the most reliable sources :innocent: :innocent: )??? 8)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Unfortunately not (cash flow still), but do tell. That lot you follow round the mainland, by any chance? :wink:

Apocalyptica are just about the finest support act money can buy*, and they filled that spot earlier on the tour.

* apart from The Girls of course - 'We were gonna play Comfortably Numb but hey, we're only the support band'. Arf. :notworthy: :lol:

I really wish I'd sorted going to see Rrrrrrstein (TM cd) in Berlin this summer before falling out with the NHS. :roll: :evil:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Francis
Overbomber

I'm tempted, but I've got a hunch seeing them triggered John's baby oil male wrestling fixation. :lol:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Delilah

FFS Dave wrote:Unfortunately not (cash flow still), but do tell. That lot you follow round the mainland, by any chance? :wink:
not round the mainland, only in the UK so far...well, and last nite in NRK1 in Oslo. But YES - it is probably going to be my Favourite TRBNGR!!! And MEta Hammer is sponsoring Rammstein tour, so please please God, make it happen!!!
Apocalyptica are just about the finest support act money can buy*, and they filled that spot earlier on the tour.
saw them once, a few years ago in Poland and did not like them very much (but they didn't have a drummer then). Turbo have been invited to support Rammstein in States and literally a few days ago they got an offer to do UK gigs too!
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Black Alice is doing the Newcastle show I believe, and yes Francis, yes. :roll:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
vicus

I'll see them this friday
should be a nice evening with Turbonegro, NIN, Wir sind Helden and... oh - it's the Gallaghers... :eek: :D ;D
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
canon docre
Overbomber

I will be at the Wuhlheide on the 24th of June.

8)
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote:I will be at the Wuhlheide on the 24th of June.

8)
When you've all finished rubbing my nose in it... :evil:

I'm gonna make myself feel worse now, by listening to the boot of the gig at the Apollo in 2002...a masterclass in live performance if ever I've seen one. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
canon docre
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:

8)
And think about how much fun we could have there...

:lol: :wink:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:

8)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Have you finished yet? :evil: :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

vicus wrote:I'll see them this friday
should be a nice evening with Turbonegro, NIN, Wir sind Helden and... oh - it's the Gallaghers... :eek: :D ;D
The Gallaghers :eek: :eek: :eek: You never know, the mongy singer might get his nose broke again. Wouldn't that be a shame.

Though obviously you'll be in the beer tent when they're on. Have a top time vicus. Don't stand too close to those bloody flame-throwers. 8)
canon docre
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:
canon docre wrote:
FFS Dave wrote: When you've all finished rubbing my nose in it... :evil:

... on the vast lawn. :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:
canon docre wrote: And think about how much fun we could have there...

... on the vast lawn. :lol:
Now listen hear you! :evil:
christophe
Overbomber

2 July is my Magic day :D
Another Shade of You.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Johnny M wrote:Black Alice is doing the Newcastle show I believe, and yes Francis, yes. :roll:
Indeed ;D 14th July will see us at the Arena. Saw them in Manchester in February and enjoyed it so much we thought we'd do it again :lol:

(Sorry FFS Dave)

Didn't see any supports the last time (too busy buying really expensive beer in plastic "glasses" and moaning about it :lol: ) - but if a certain denim clad band are playing I may very well have a look ;D

My excitement is only slightly less than for a certain gig in August

(Sorry again FFS :urff: )
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Black Alice wrote:
Johnny M wrote:Black Alice is doing the Newcastle show I believe, and yes Francis, yes. :roll:
Indeed ;D 14th July will see us at the Arena. Saw them in Manchester in February and enjoyed it so much we thought we'd do it again :lol:

(Sorry FFS Dave)

Didn't see any supports the last time (too busy buying really expensive beer in plastic "glasses" and moaning about it :lol: ) - but if a certain denim clad band are playing I may very well have a look ;D

My excitement is only slightly less than for a certain gig in August

(Sorry again FFS :urff: )
Apology well and truly accepted. At least you sound sorry, unlike that cheeky satanic priestess. :lol:

Saw them in Berlin last December, so I can't complain too much anyway. Can't believe you missed Apocalyptica at the Arena though. Thrash cello covers of Master Of Puppets are the be-all-and-end-all of music appreciation. :notworthy:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

FFS Dave wrote: Can't believe you missed Apocalyptica at the Arena though. Thrash cello covers of Master Of Puppets are the be-all-and-end-all of music appreciation. :notworthy:
To be honest I think that we arrived only about 20 minutes before Rammstein played - its a bit of a drive from Newcastle and we set off late! Plus, we had no idea as to who was supporting - we didn't check - we were only interested in seeing Rammstein - and that serves us right :evil:

Still - this time its the Newcastle Arena so we have little excuse for getting there late (except for uselessness!). Having said that we have a bad track record for seeing supports - as in we never bother :oops: In fact the only support I can remember seeing is Sepultura last November at Newcastle City Hall when they were supporting Motorhead and that was only because they overran. They went on for so much longer than they were meant to we were on the verge of going back to the bar :lol:

I'll try harder next time :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

A fine treat - Sepultura almost blew the 'head off stage in Sheffield. Almost, but not quite.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

FFS Dave wrote:A fine treat - Sepultura almost blew the 'head off stage in Sheffield. Almost, but not quite.
I don't think they had enough room in Newcastle. The City Hall stage isn't huge to start with and packed with all the 'heads gear Sepultura were shoved right to the front and almost standing on top of one another. It did seem to cramp their style slightly.

I couldn't believe how many people left as soon as Sepultura had finished - didn't wait to see Lemmy in his lovely white cowboy boots :lol:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:A fine treat - Sepultura almost blew the 'head off stage in Sheffield. Almost, but not quite.
Don't!!!!! I forgot all about it and missed them in Norwich!!!!! :(
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Ooouuch. That's gotta hurt BoF. :eek: Ah well, that kinda thing happens all the time, I suppose.

But the good, nay banging news is that the gang who went to see Rrrrstein in Berlin are gonna stump up for a ticket for me so we can all go see them in Brumidgeham. :eek: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

How awesome is that. 8) 8) 8) :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

So you can all carry on getting giddy-as-f**k again about the gigs, without having to apologise to misery-guts. Yaaay.

Now where's that flamethrower mask I bought from the website?
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

FFS Dave wrote:Ooouuch. That's gotta hurt BoF. :eek: Ah well, that kinda thing happens all the time, I suppose.

But the good, nay banging news is that the gang who went to see Rrrrstein in Berlin are gonna stump up for a ticket for me so we can all go see them in Brumidgeham. :eek: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

How awesome is that. 8) 8) 8) :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

So you can all carry on getting giddy-as-f**k again about the gigs, without having to apologise to misery-guts. Yaaay.

Now where's that flamethrower mask I bought from the website?
Excellent

*visibly becomes giddy again* :lol:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Just been told by the Metro Arena that Apocalyptica are the support up here........

.........I was looking forward to Turbonegro - could they be wrong :?:

* muses - Mind you FFS Dave say that Apocalyptica are good so maybe I'll try to get there early enough anyway ;D *
James Blast
Banned

I don't think I have the stomach for such a display of Germanic homo-eroticism in the flesh, having watched one of their live DVDs
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Delilah

Black Alice wrote:Just been told by the Metro Arena that Apocalyptica are the support up here........

.........I was looking forward to Turbonegro - could they be wrong :?:
no... unfortunately you are right... there were some organisational problems... Shame :( but hey, it is only 2 months to Leeds/Reading and Nottingham!!! :D :D :D