REM in Manchester

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

This Friday. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Anyone else going to this? If you're thinking about it I can't recommend their gigs highly enough. 8)

And it's the closest I'll be getting to Old Trafford for a while.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
hallucienate
Overbomber

Saw them in March, I thought they were pretty boring :roll:

The set was really slow and never really went anywhere. I had been sick for a week beforehand which may've affected my judgment.
Debaser
Overbomber

Me, ME MEEEEEEEE

I'll be there and am DEAD excited by the whole thing. Missed them a few years back when they played the SUnday at Move and was mightily peed off. Luckily, someone rang me during my fav tracks.

I'd like to say I'll see you there Dave.....but the probability is???

Not seen em since they played Rock City waaaay back when.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote: I'd like to say I'll see you there Dave.....but the probability is???
Given my track record, almost zero. :lol: :lol: :innocent: But you never know. I guess I should wear me HL t-shirt. If you see one of those attached to a drunk bloke... :P :D

They were marvellous the other year :notworthy: but they generally are. Can't wait meself.
Debaser
Overbomber

And if I knew where my 'MyHeartland' tee was.......

Shall I just stand still and yell 'FFS DAVE, where are ya???' :D :D :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:And if I knew where my 'MyHeartland' tee was.......

Shall I just stand still and yell 'FFS DAVE, where are ya???' :D :D :D
Yep, that should do it - maybe add an extra FFS at the end to be sure.

We'll be getting there around 6ish unfortunately - got to pick kids up from skoo, hotfoot it over to Stalybridge to dispose of said kids at me parents, then superduper hotfoot it over to OT to meet my brother and his missus.

So another giveaway will be the bloke in the HL tee spilling lager from his 12-pint cardboard tray at about 6.15. :lol:

Apparently we're meeting my bro 'in front of the mixing desk'. Shyeah right, wonder when he last went to an outdoor gig?

If all else fails, constantly harangue the band (whichever band) for Comfortably Numb very loudly.

And maybe, just maybe...I'll see you there. :notworthy:
Debaser
Overbomber

I find that you if stand in front of the Members bit., you know, the posh bit where the players go for tea, the world usually passes by.

I've managed to wangle my PPA (Planning, Preparation and Assessment ) time for Friday afternoon as opposed to Friday morning - so I'll be able to set off at lunchtime. Naturally, I'll be taking my books to mark and my laminator with me :D :D :D
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

just seen them tonight in Sheff,
here ...... is this weeks gallery :D :

Debaser
Overbomber

I notice you haven't dared mention you saw REM, in 'the other place'....you scared of losing yer street cred?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cool pics biggy. I wasn't aware they'd gone all death metal, but obviously I'm impressed. 'Everyf***er Hurts' needs speeding up somewhat.

My folks saw the Sheff gig, having endured the cancellation in Feb. Loved it - oh dear. :roll:

@ Debaser, given the highly-seasonal weather, you'd better keep your peepers peeled for a green Rammstein hoody. That assumes I'm not arrested first. :?
biggy

Debaser wrote:I notice you haven't dared mention you saw REM, in 'the other place'....you scared of losing yer street cred?
Try looking a bit closer dopey dipstick.
rian
Slight Overbomber

biggy wrote:
Debaser wrote:I notice you haven't dared mention you saw REM, in 'the other place'....you scared of losing yer street cred?
She's a teacher. What did you expect?

:roll:
I think someone set my soul alight
Debaser
Overbomber

biggy wrote:
Alliterative insults huh........

cocky c**t
Debaser
Overbomber

rian wrote:
biggy wrote:

Couldn't open the thread so I didn't know what 'another day, another band' referred to. he tends to keep his potty mouth under control on here, which is why I could open his thread on here :p
Debaser
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:Cool pics biggy. I wasn't aware they'd gone all death metal, but obviously I'm impressed. 'Everyf***er Hurts' needs speeding up somewhat.

My folks saw the Sheff gig, having endured the cancellation in Feb. Loved it - oh dear. :roll:

@ Debaser, given the highly-seasonal weather, you'd better keep your peepers peeled for a green Rammstein hoody. That assumes I'm not arrested first. :?
OOOh band clashing clothing. Why not wear BayCity Roller trousers to compliment your ensemble?
rian
Slight Overbomber

Debaser wrote:
rian wrote:
biggy wrote: Try looking a bit closer dopey dipstick.

Couldn't open the thread so I didn't know what 'another day, another band' referred to. he tends to keep his potty mouth under control on here, which is why I could open his thread on here :p
:wink:
I think someone set my soul alight
biggy

Debaser wrote:
rian wrote:
biggy wrote: Try looking a bit closer dopey dipstick.

POTTY MOUTH ? f**king POTTY MOUTH ? who the f**king hell are you calling c**t potty mouth you f**k
Debaser
Overbomber

Your welcome.
Debaser
Overbomber

As expected.....I didn't spot ya...although my 'myheartland' teeshirt stop a few people in their tracks.

Was rather special (if not a bit quiet - or are my ear drums shot to fuk?) tonight. Totally missed Feeder due to ridiculous queuing at the bar!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:Your welcome.
His welcome what? :roll:

Come on.. a teacher getting "Your" and "You're" mixed up.. what's wrong with the world? :P
Debaser
Overbomber

I love it when I make people feel superior..... :roll:

I don't give a flying fig about punctuation or spelling on a weekend :P
Debaser
Overbomber

But perhaps I DID mean 'your' welcome...
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

My folks went to the Manc gig last night.
They weren't too impressed.

I saw them (with my folks) in Huddersfield on the Monster tour & we all thought they were superb, so the folks were comparing that gig to last nights.
They said it was more of an experimental acousticcy type thing with far too many obscure songs.

They said Stipey Alien Man Thing was pretty enigmatic though...
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Debaser
Overbomber

<<<<<loved the obscure tracks...it's not often to get to hear them other than from the early albums.

And thanks for the 'my folks went to see them...' :( reality check fer Ness there LMAO. I have NEVER seen so many bad s**t in one space.... Man from C&A at it's worst :roll:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Wasn't to be, but I did get stopped by some lad (Jamie? James?) who works with the quiffmeister. Small world. And a couple of Marilyn Manson fans :eek: who were cool.

How grim were the beer queues? Evil, they were responsible for me drinking several double vodkapops in immediate succession, after which I was rather wrecked. :P

Band were awesome. As ever. Not quite as rocky as the Huddersfield gigs Purp, but that was 10 year ago, and Monster is somewhat rockier than the new one. AND they did start with I Took Your Name. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Gods. Nothing less.