Bluetooth network Tech Question

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Today, I was asked to install a Bluetooth network...
The PC (running XP) found the bluetooth thingy with ease (in the bluetooth menu in the configuration screen), it even had an IP, but when I went into the network tab, and clicked the 'bluetooth network' icon overthere, it just would not make connection to the router :urff: - Plus you just could not find it that way...

The guy bought it through ebay, and I suspect it had been installed elsewhere before, and someone tweaked the settings a bit for which you cannot get to configure it since you have to establish a connection to do that :roll:

Any other suggestions :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

could be the router is 802.11 and not bluetooth
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
hallucienate
Overbomber

I only use my bluetooth to connect my phone to my PC.

Do you have a make and model name for the router?
Does it have a reset button?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

It's a Siemens Blue2net, it normally should bluetooth , since the manual has a list of Bluetooth specs in it...
Doesn't have a single button on it :roll:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
nigel d

try mailing the manufacturer or search for a help forum ?
is it xp home by any chance?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Have been googling on for it yesterday, but did not find anything, really... The Siemens site does not even mention the thing :eek:

Yep, XP home, why?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
hallucienate
Overbomber

How far away from the router is the machine? Original bluetooth products only have a 10 metre range.

Bluetooth doesn't really do walls either.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

10 centimetres or even under :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
nigel d

ive had problems conecting xp home on a multiple machine network.
try uninstalling evrything and starting again. if the machine recognises the "dongle" all is well. what is the router connected to ? if i read correctly it is not to be connected direct to the braod band conection but to a server with net access , therefore allowing all bluetooth devices to connect to the net via the server
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Err, the bluetooth router is connected to an internal network (which connects to broadband cable) which does work when you just connect the pc directly, I think they have another router, since there are two pc's connected on a network, but there is only one to be connected through the bluetooth router...

This just came to my mind: The bluetooth "dongle" on the pc is used for the mouse, perhaps it can only take one connection at a time...
Well, I'll go and check it today, reinstall everything, and if it does not work, I'll just tell them to send it back to wherever it came from...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr