Bummer!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Working in London and commuting has it's moments ...

A GNER express took down the (hum of) the powerlines just north of Huntingdon. The entire east coast mainline is paralysed.

Fortunately, I was able to hop on a slow train to Sandy (Beds) and then catch a bus replacement home. Only took four hours as opposed to the usual one.

All those poor people on their return journeys stranded in Peterborough. The local cabbies are having a field day. "Yeh, I'll take you to London mate. £200 in cash in advance. The cashpoint's over there ..."

As for those still stranded in London ...

The lines not expected to re-open until the early hours. :|
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Andie
Overbomber

yeah...i know those long evenings trying to get home from London with the comuters...i wouldn't wish that kinda thing on anyone today...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

On the 'bus odessesy' from Sandy to PBO, I got chatting to a couple of U.S Marines (I'm such a tart I'll talk to anyone :innocent: ) and they had some very funny stories to tell. And some very gruesome stories to tell having been in combat. :eek:

I'm glad I'm a pen-pusher ... :wink:

Andie
Overbomber

now i know that the US Marine corps will also talk to anyone (myself included)...which i guess makes them Tarts too ;)
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Tarts who can kill you with their bare hands. :eek:

That is scary ... hopefully I'll never meet one. :)

Ah, yes ...

Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Johnny M wrote:Working in London and commuting has it's moments ...

A GNER express took down the (hum of) the powerlines just north of Huntingdon. The entire east coast mainline is paralysed.

Fortunately, I was able to hop on a slow train to Sandy (Beds) and then catch a bus replacement home. Only took four hours as opposed to the usual one.

All those poor people on their return journeys stranded in Peterborough. The local cabbies are having a field day. "Yeh, I'll take you to London mate. £200 in cash in advance. The cashpoint's over there ..."

As for those still stranded in London ...

The lines not expected to re-open until the early hours. :|
We had that here on Tuesday: No train running in entire Switzerland because the power supply had completely broken down.

I've nearly pissed myself laughing when I passed the main station during the rush hour and saw the masses - but people apparently were too surpised that such a thing can happen to get angry at all.... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
hallucienate
Overbomber

At times like this I'm happy I can walk to work.

It looks like I'll continue being able to walk to work, as I'm only moving up the world a little bit :cool:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Yah! Only three hours to get to work this morning. :)

Guess things are getting better ... :roll:

B@stards!

That's better. :wink:

Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And now a key member of my staff has just handed me her resignation letter! :roll:

Mind you, I wouldn't want to work with me either. :innocent:

It's gonna be a good day ... :urff:

F*ck!

Andie
Overbomber

i'm betting on a two hour home trip...

firstly coz it's friday and everythings always behind on a friday...

secondly coz the heavy thunderstorms that crashed accross east anglia this afternoon (and scared the poop outta me when lightening struck the wearhouse roof..crashed all the PC's and popped a couple of light bulbs!!)

and thirdly coz Glasto's on and it almost went Pete Tong this morning due to the excellent weather!

(i'd add a forthly...but it was just gonna set you off on a tangent...and we don't need tangents today thankee)
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Heh, I grew up near Sandy. Not IN Sandy though thank god.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

25 mins there, 20 back..
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

it's not only in London folks... Yesterday it took me 2.5 hours to travel about 20 miles because of flooded train track! And last week I survived the nightmare 4 hour journey between Devon and London on the train with broken air-conditioning. It was boiling hot, the train was late and I felt like in hell! Still, Motley Crue gig was worth it! :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

you missed the Joke but welcome to 'life underwater' or Glasgow as we call it :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:
We had that here on Tuesday: No train running in entire Switzerland because the power supply had completely broken down.

I've nearly pissed myself laughing when I passed the main station during the rush hour and saw the masses - but people apparently were too surpised that such a thing can happen to get angry at all.... :lol:
I heard about that and nearly pissed myself laughing as well. I recently saw a programme here that uses the Swiss railways as an example of how bad the UK ones are. The Swiss were so smug about their relieably punctual trains that I can't help gloating that a single power fault should bring the whole country's trains to a standstill. :lol:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Andrew S wrote:
Eva wrote:

I heard abou that and nearly pissed myself laughing as well. I recently saw a programme comparing UK and Swiss railways. The Swiss were so smug about their punctual trains that I can't help gloating that a single power fault should bring the whole country's trains to a standstill. :lol:
But a power fault is a little more acceptable than "leaves on the line" :eek: :lol: :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

or 'bad wind' :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

My train broke down in Colchester on Sunday evening and just sat there, the brakes smoking rather unnervingly (Burn, you were 15 minutes away from getting a phone call from a stranded HLer in search of a floor to kip on!) but luckily they managed to draft in a replacement train.

Ended up only 1 hour late arriving back in Brighton, after some frantic leaping through closing doors on the tube.
Last edited by lazarus corporation on 27 Jun 2005, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

lazarus corporation wrote:frantic leaping through closing doors on the tube.
you can 'shape shift'? :eek:
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:My train broke down in Colchester on Sunday evening and just sat there, the brakes smoking rather unnervingly (Burn, you were 15 minutes away from getting a phone call from a stranded HLer in search of a floor to kip on!) but luckily they managed to draft in a replacement train.

Ended up only 1 hour late arriving back in Brighton, after some frantic leaping through closing doors on the tube.
Hey Sir...i would have collected you no problemo...(i am a really nice bloke sometimes)

it is a fecker of a journey from Norfolk to London innit :innocent: :wink:

much nicer from Brighton to London! :D :eek: :notworthy:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Burn wrote: it is a fecker of a journey from Norfolk to London innit :innocent: :wink:
Try from Brighton back to northern-most Norfolk when they put coaches on instead of trains! :evil: :lol:
Andie
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Burn wrote: it is a fecker of a journey from Norfolk to London innit :innocent: :wink:
Try from Brighton back to northern-most Norfolk when they put coaches on instead of trains! :evil: :lol:
OK...you win...

move to brighton!! :wink: :lol: :innocent: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

they don't have pharmacies in Brighton
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I could start one! :lol:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I could start one! :lol:
and live above the chemist. :von: