***Glasto Media Monitor Alert***

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

lifted wholesale from a buddy's post on another forum so I can take no credit/abuse, cheers PM
PM wrote:Friday: -

BBC Three

19:00 - 22:00

Colin Murray and Edith Bowman present live coverage from Worthy Farm, with music from Bloc Party, Babyshambles, Secret Machines, Doves, The Killers and Royksopp.

BBC Four

20:30 - 21:00

Live coverage of Elvis Costello performing at the Pyramid stage of this year's Glastonbury festival. Presented by Andrea Oliver.

BBC 2

21:00 - 21:30

Jo Whiley and Phill Jupitus are your hosts for the festival of festivals. There's a backstage acoustic performance from KT Tunstall, and live music from Elvis Costello, MIA and Nigel Kennedy.

BBC Three

22:30 - 02:00

Colin Murray, Edith Bowman and Dougie Anderson continue the coverage of the first evening's action at Glastonbury Festival as first Fatboy Slim and then the White Stripes go onstage..

BBC 2

23:00 - 02:00

Mark Radcliffe, Jo Whiley and Lauren Laverne report from Worthy Farm as the festival's first day reaches an incendiary climax with headliners the White Stripes, Fatboy Slim and The Tears.

Digital viewers can press red from 9:30pm during Glastonbury coverage to get the best possible choice of bands playing at Glastonbury. Press the red button on your digital remote to give you the choice of selecting from five screens, giving you far greater access to headline acts than ever before. There's the option of listening to Marc Riley, Music Week and Jane Gazzo on BBC 6 Music who are broadcasting radio live from the festival. Pressing red lets you see as much of Glastonbury as we can give you and helps you catch acts you have missed.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

That's just depressing.

Apart from The Tears, so nice to see Anderson and Butler back on form. :notworthy:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
canon docre
Overbomber

Aren't they currently drowning in the flood there in Glastonbury?
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

canon docre wrote:Aren't they currently drowning in the flood there in Glastonbury?
Thats what I heard too :(

(Nice avatar cd :D )
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Andie
Overbomber

up to their collective armpits in mud...but enjoying it all the same...

i heard reports that some of the tents were floating away this morning...

Oh..EDIT. the first stage to start playing bands after the early mornings rain storm was....The John Peel tent...and on another main stage (pyramid maybe)...the first band to get their gear onstage and start playing were the Undertones :notworthy:

someone was watching over them!
Last edited by Andie on 24 Jun 2005, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Burn wrote:up to their collective armpits in mud...but enjoying it all the same...

Yep - Paul heard the same thing - someone on the radio said that they woke up floating in a foot of water (how wrecked would you have to be to sleep through that much rain :lol: :lol: ).
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Andie
Overbomber

Black Alice wrote:
Burn wrote:up to their collective armpits in mud...but enjoying it all the same...

Yep - Paul heard the same thing - someone on the radio said that they woke up floating in a foot of water (how wrecked would you have to be to sleep through that much rain :lol: :lol: ).
very :innocent: :wink:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Burn wrote:
Black Alice wrote:

very :innocent: :wink:
:lol:

See - we were clever when we went to Reading (I think we all know the year :lol: ) - we didn't have a tent; we slept in the car. So didn't matter how wrecked we were (and we were :lol: ) we wouldn't have floated away :D
Francis
Overbomber

Does anyone actually go to see the bands? If that's the best they've got to offer, I'd definitely stay in the beer tent.

Apart from Elvis of course. Cos he's King. But which one?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:Apart from The Tears, so nice to see Anderson and Butler back on form. :notworthy:
ah, so you haven't heard the album then?, I am a massive Suede fan but The Tears are too much of a compromise
Next!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Yep, you can still have a wild time in the mud at Glasto, but it does make it harder to check out the more extreme edges of the festival, which often have been washed away by the time you find them anyway.

Funniest part of the Mudfest in 98 was the S**t-Wagon pumping it's contents into the dance tent rather than sucking the mud out. We gave it a miss after that. :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :urff:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:
boudicca wrote:Apart from The Tears, so nice to see Anderson and Butler back on form. :notworthy:
ah, so you haven't heard the album then?, I am a massive Suede fan but The Tears are too much of a compromise
Next!
No, I haven't. I take it I shouldn't bother...?

It seemed to me from the video of theirs I saw, that they were back to the old Suede swagger... all dubious encounters in underpasses and so forth :wink: rather than suntans and sandals.

What was all that about, Brett? :eek: :roll: :urff:
James Blast
Banned

well, for me No just trashed their legacy, EATB done well, Kasabian triumphed! and Roisin Murphy should be jagged in the eye! :evil:
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

there should be more pics of Edith :notworthy: :notworthy: dressed like this
while she's at Glasto...in the mud....

woooohooooo!! :innocent: :wink:
James Blast
Banned

Edith in mud... mmmmmmmm
better than the bands, so far...
and would she be nekkid and writhing?
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

would you be nekkid and writhing?....

somehow i doubt that she'd oblige you in that wish james...
James Blast
Banned

so dae ah Adnie (sic) :wink:
~ Peter Steele
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am just waiting for New Order... Had listened to the whole Coldplay set (and even quite liked it :innocent: ) but New Order is still not on :?
James Blast
Banned

No were dreadful, they have one, and only one, thing going for them and his name is Peter and he plays a 4 string geetar and he 'throws shapes' while he does it. I like him. Image
~ Peter Steele
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:No were dreadful, they have one, and only one, thing going for them and his name is Peter and he plays a 4 string geetar and he 'throws shapes' while he does it. I like him. Image
That 4 string geetar's sound is great! But I do like NO in general... it is very uplifting music. Shame that BBC2 only played their two songs. :?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

FFS Dave wrote:Yep, you can still have a wild time in the mud at Glasto, but it does make it harder to check out the more extreme edges of the festival, which often have been washed away by the time you find them anyway.

Funniest part of the Mudfest in 98 was the S**t-Wagon pumping it's contents into the dance tent rather than sucking the mud out. We gave it a miss after that. :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :urff:
:lol: i remember it well!two foot of liquid mud and sh!t surprise!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I heard New Order on Radio 2 the other day. They were going to play Transmission and then their new single. They f**ked up a little, and played Love Will Tear Us Apart instead of Transmission, and despite Steve Wright wanting to play Transmission instead, he had to play the new single instead. Which was when I turned off the radio.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:and Roisin Murphy should be jagged in the eye! :evil:
Bloody OI! She's amazing! Shame on you Blast, shame on you...

(Mind you, this is coming from a man who thinks Kasabian are something other than s**t pretentious Stone Roses rip-offs :innocent: , and to be fair Ms. Murphy has gone off the boil since her Moloko heyday).
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Question: When are The Kills on today, and is there any possibility to watch/listen to it on this side of the water...
I can recieve bbc 1&2, plus bbc radio 2&3 via cable or whatever else via internet...

The only thing I've found about it (yet) is that they're on today :roll:

If anyone has got a clue: :notworthy: :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

full details here http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/glastonbury2005/ Obviousman
~ Peter Steele