Sisters of Mongolia?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Just a quickie from Ulaan Baatur, where I've introduced a Mongolian girl to the joys of TSOM.

After a huge delay on our overnight train from Russia to UB (I had to try to interpret announcements for a snooty French family and only mentioned the Olympics every minute or two :wink: ) we were treated to a fantastic light show.

Mongolia is dark and flat, so the stars are bright and plentiful. Best of all there was a thunderstorm in the distance, so every few seconds would see huge dramatic (and silent, we were too far for thunder) flashes ripping across the sky. Suddenly we would catch a glimpse of the winding Selenga river alongside the track before we plunged back into darkness.

My cabin-mate, a Russian-speaking Mongolian girl, finally starting talking to me and as well trundled across the steppe, oohing and ahhing at the lightshow, I decided Floodland would make the ideal soundtrack.

It did, more or less. She hadn't heard them before. Now I just need the weather to synch properly with the Doktor and we have a result. Couldn't resist some Nick Cave as well - I met her on a night of fire and noise :lol:

(and for the filthy minded of you who might have been wondering, no I didn't! Behave!)

Having a great trip - another two days in Mongolia then on to Beijing. Can't believe I'll be back in England in 10 days. You'll get even more boring stories then. When I've finished telling my parents they need to be careful when they visit London and not worry about me on the other side of the world.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Thanks for the disclaimer, andy. :wink:

Sounds like a blast; hope you got some pictures, we're looking forward to having you back.

Honest!