How to use Quote, List, Img & other bbcode tags?

For you to give feedback to the Heartland moderators. Wish lists, fault reports, etc. You may get an answer, you may not. As in all things, it largely depends on how nicely you ask the people in charge... You're welcome.
scotty
Overbomber

i'll keep trying
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

scotty wrote:Image

i'll keep trying
You should not have pressed enter after pasting it, make sure the [/img] comes right after the url :wink:

And I think it has to start with http://www. or something like that
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
or something like that

ya dancer :lol: they'll never believe this on general chat, a quote and an image

:D :D Thanks
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

:notworthy: indeed :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

OK,getting the hang of things now{with all your help,good people of HL :notworthy: }but having problems finding pick's with http:// at the front,cant I type that at the front then submit?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Sure... You can type all you want :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Sure... You can type all you want :wink:
Nope,not getting a picture,it either comes up with a wee red cross{copyri'?}or the curser drops down a line?.
scotty
Overbomber

so far this is the only picture on the WHOLE net i can copy,can't find any ending in jpg,do they need to?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Look at Laz's point 2 :wink:

The wee red cross signifies the image can't be found, does not exist on that location, so you must've used the wrong url then, I guess...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Multifaceted
Road Kill

Obviousman wrote:The wee red cross signifies the image can't be found, does not exist on that location, so you must've used the wrong url then, I guess...
It can also mean that you're trying to direct link from a website that has disallowed that option. (If that link doesn't give a helpful definition you can always do a simple google search yourself.)

Sorry; I only know this because I come from an online pixel graphics "community" that basically lists direct linking (mainly from small sites) as a cardinal sin. A lot of well-known sites on the internet have disallowed direct linking because of the bandwidth issues. For example, pictures on a Geocities account--at least on geocities.com accounts--cannot be direct linked to.

Yup, I'll go back to lurking now. :D
scotty
Overbomber

How would I hide a URL behind a word, eg; "clicky" or "Here"?.

Keith
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

You type <url=http://www.whatever.co.uk>clicky</url> but replace the < and > with [ and ] :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:You type <url=http://www.whatever.co.uk>clicky</url> but replace the < and > with [ and ] :wink:
Much thanks Obviousman :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
scotty
Overbomber

Right, I can get the *clicky* highlighted in red behind the "[url]" but when I click on it it comes up with"page not found" :urff: , any ideas?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Can you give the example of what you did/are doing? If you do that I can correct it in a quote :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

alternatively, get a Photobucket account, copy and paste the images to your HD and upload them from there :D
you're even more confused now, aren't you? :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
you're even more confused now, aren't you? :lol:
You know me so well :lol: :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Can you give the example of what you did/are doing? If you do that I can correct it in a quote :wink:
[url = http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/ this but without the spaces gives me this
Last edited by scotty on 11 Dec 2005, 21:41, edited 2 times in total.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

scotty wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Can you give the example of what you did/are doing? If you do that I can correct it in a quote :wink:
[ur = http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/ here but without the spaces gives me here
I see the problem, after your url don't put but just ] like [ url=http://www.ghost ... his result
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

thanks Z, that should sort him out, if not, the word Numpty! is already being loaded into my cannon :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
scotty wrote:
[ur = http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/ here but without the spaces gives me here
I see the problem, after your url don't put but just ] like [ url=http://www.ghost ... his result
Just like this :D :D .

Cheers Obviousman 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Well done :notworthy:

Have fun with it ;D 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Oh, I had a look for you here Blast but didn't see you :innocent: :twisted: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Hoo-Fuckin' Ray! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ah wiz jist aboot tae call ye
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Got a picture for an avatar but it's a "GIF" and not a "JPG" and I can't get it to work..........as an avatar that is :urff: , is there any way I could change it?.

Keith