Mo Mowlem

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

I have a lot of time for Mo, in her day: she cut through a lot of bullsh!t; was intelligent; articulate; determined; not Peter Mandelson, and above all enjoyed a good drink.
Right On Sister!
Last edited by James Blast on 03 Aug 2005, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

That's really sad to hear. Hope she pulls through.

Anyone who routinely slags off Tony is AOK in my book...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

's fair to say any political ground gained in ireland was down to her not mandy.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

A person before being a politician. Fingers crossed.
scotty
Overbomber

A labour MP who doesn't care about young guns in Flash suits,spin doctors,has a scence of humor and humility,makes you wonder how she got so high up in the party,could do with about a hundred more like her,hope she gets better soon.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

A Labour politician who people respect? What's going on?

Best PM this country never had.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

I second and third all the above - hope she recovers soon :|
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Thea
Overbomber

:| I'm with the Sinister one - person before politician.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Look I don't think a thread about someone with a serious, possibly terminal disease is the place for sniping at each other.

OK?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

anyone remember when this place was moderated with the lightest of light touches...?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Could at least have left the split here and not trashed it :/ Now we'll only find another topic.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

RicheyJames wrote:anyone remember when this place was moderated with the lightest of light touches...?
...until people started digging at each other and turning an otherwise "sensible" discussion into a mud-slinging match?

yeah i remember those days. i also remember the mud-slinging matches.

thanks mark. i would have done that myself :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Rosalie wrote:Now we'll only find another topic.
no you won't.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

To be fair, I didn't exactly "start" it. No matter what many irresponsible parents say, it's only human to react :P
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Too many splits and mods.. I'm off to me own forum. Only two or three posts a day, but we're NICE people. ;)
(despite the fact nearly everyone who posts is actually FROM here.. :P)
Debaser
Overbomber

Quickly pulling this thread back together again....

timsinister wrote:A person before being a politician. Fingers crossed.
Totally concur.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Rosalie wrote:To be fair, I didn't exactly "start" it. No matter what many irresponsible parents say, it's only human to react :P
thats very true, but you did react...

will everyone please lay off the jibes? rosalie, mrs rj, and whoever else has had a dig that i missed.

i'm saying "please" this time, and this time only. if ANYONE continues like this today you will be banned for a week. whoever you are.

and as of first thing tomorrow morning i'm going to be away for a few days watching the sisters etc

if it seems that i'm going to come back to more of this s**t, i WILL take heartland offline for the duration.

seriously.

if you are going to act like a bunch of naughty f**king children then you will be treated like a bunch of naughty f**king children. end of story.

this applies to anyone who feels the need to have snippy little digs at people: belt up or f**k off. because i guarantee you will spoil it for everyone.
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 05 Aug 2005, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and thank you debaser.

anyone know how she's doing? is mo any better?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Quiff Boy wrote:
Rosalie wrote:To be fair, I didn't exactly "start" it. No matter what many irresponsible parents say, it's only human to react :P
thats very true, but you did react...

will everyone please lay off the jibes? rosalie, mrs rj, and whoever else has had a dig that i missed.

i'm saying "please" this time, and this time only. if ANYONE continues like this today you will be banned for a week. whoever you are.

and as of first thing tomorrow morning i'm going to be away for a few days watching the sisters etc

if it seems that i'm going to come back to more of this s**t, i WILL take heartland offline for the duration.

seriously.

if you are going to act like a bunch of naughty f**king children then you will be treated like a bunch of naughty f**king children. end of story.

this applies to anyone who feels the need to have snippy little digs at people: belt up or f**k off. because i guarantee you will spoil it for everyone.
It wasn't a jibe at all (to start off with anyway) I was merely commenting on the puerile comment made about how great Mo was because she was on some second rate TV programme. Would have made the same comment to anyone who had said that.
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the comment wasnt puerile.

i've said similar things myself, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. you see a person whom you know little or nothing about being interviewed on tv, and they come across well. as a result you think to myself "well they seemed nice enough..."

now please, just leave it. i dont want to hear any half-assed excuses by way of defense. we've been there before with other forum members (who are now banned, incidentally, and have been for years)

no whining, no "but...but..." as that makes you sound liek aschoolkid. just stop having digs.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and with that, poor old mo must fend for herself.

i refuse to leave this open for yet more childish bollocks.