Kids TV derail from the Moog thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Was this guy Image named after him?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
scotty
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Was this guy Image named after him?
:lol: :lol: ,but will the younger viewers get it? ;D .
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

scotty wrote:
ain't it a fuckin' shame that they don't show half the quality kids shows we had ? the modern kids programmes are sh1te on the whole -cheap japanese cartoons; which are really just adverts for expensive but dull games/toys .
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
scotty wrote:
ain't it a fuckin' shame that they don't show half the quality kids shows we had ? the modern kids programmes are sh1te on the whole -cheap japanese cartoons; which are really just adverts for expensive but dull games/toys .
*splutters* Excuse me? There is NOTHING whatsoever wrong with Japanese cartoons. OK, admittedly "Beyblade" and "Yu-Gi-Oh!" are some of the s**t things in the genre, but Naruto, Gundam.. anyone who has problems with them can meet me out back.
scotty
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
scotty wrote:
Yer Right EMWK :notworthy: ,you can't beat some"Captain Pugwash,Ivor the Engine,Rhubarb and Custard,Pipkins and Sarah Green on Blue Peter,just what a Teenage boy wants on his mind at bed time :innocent: ,ALL ABOARD THE SKYLARK :lol: I say!!
Last edited by scotty on 23 Aug 2005, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
aims
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:ain't it a fuckin' shame that they don't show half the quality kids shows we had ? the modern kids programmes are sh1te on the whole -cheap japanese cartoons; which are really just adverts for expensive but dull games/toys .
Great description. That is, if it wasn't completely backwards.

99.9% of Animé has the following lifecycle:
  • Japanese Manga comes out
  • Japanese Animé version follows
  • Animé fansubbed in English and distributed over the 'net
  • Animé licensed and properly translated for the US and UK
  • Manga properly translated and released in the West (probably by Tokyopop)
  • Animé gets all of the good bits taken out by US censors and the chaff filters through to the UK
  • Huge marketting and resultant merchandise crap :urff:
  • Sh!tty spin-off series ad nauseum
Pokémon has reached the final stage. Neon-Genesis Evangelion and .hack however have gotten to stage 5 and managed to stay there as legitimate art rather than cash cows. Naruto is currently half way through stage 4 (on Cartoon Network next year) and it could go either way.

[/Animéconomics Geek]

Whinging aside, that's the way everything in the world goes now. It has artistic credibility, finds a comfortable niche with a devoted set of fans and if corporate America discovers it, it milks it for all it's worth.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Motz wrote: [/Animéconomics Geek]
otaku manga :roll:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

At least Outlaw Star was shown in the UK completely uncensored, with an episode previously cancelled due to all the gratuitous nudity and swearing shown, and blood and broken bones out of flesh shown.

As opposed to DBZ which had "kill you" changed to "send you to another dimension", blood changed to spit in some scenes, aliens blood made yellow or green.. it's just embarassing at times.
aims
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
Motz wrote: [/Animéconomics Geek]
otaku manga :roll:
Indeed. Watashi wa Otaku dattebayo!

It's even my special rank on another board, right above my picture of Sasuke-kun ;D
James Blast
Banned

I see Derailment Inc. are inna area, again! :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

Bugger.

I knew I'd missed something :cry:

But I've been doing better recently. Haven't I? :|
James Blast
Banned

hmmmmm.....
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Dark wrote:*splutters* Excuse me? There is NOTHING whatsoever wrong with Japanese cartoons. OK, admittedly "Beyblade" and "Yu-Gi-Oh!" are some of the s**t things in the genre, but Naruto, Gundam.. anyone who has problems with them can meet me out back.
beyblade,dragon-ball z,yu-gi-oh,pokemon.....thats the fellers.AWFUL!!!
I've got nowt against decent Japanese animation.
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 24 Aug 2005, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Dark wrote:*splutters* Excuse me? There is NOTHING whatsoever wrong with Japanese cartoons. OK, admittedly "Beyblade" and "Yu-Gi-Oh!" are some of the s**t things in the genre, but Naruto, Gundam.. anyone who has problems with them can meet me out back.
beyblade,dragon-ball z,yu-gi-oh,pokemon.....thats the fellers.AWFUL!!!
I've got nowt against decent Japanese animation.
The Dragon Ball series are quite good if uncensored, but by the end of Z the power levels were just so impossibly high, it just lost all sense.

Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop can also be added to the list of good ones.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Topic splitting time.

And that was my fault.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Hope you've had a word with yourself.
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

LOLZ Banned!!!1111!1!!!! OMG
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

scotty wrote:Yer Right EMWK :notworthy: ,you can't beat some"Captain Pugwash,Ivor the Engine,Rhubarb and Custard,Pipkins and Sarah Green on Blue Peter,just what a Teenage boy wants on his mind at bed time :innocent: ,ALL ABOARD THE SKYLARK :lol: I say!!
I think you forgot Bananaman! :notworthy: ;D

Although I suppose that was just a government ploy to get kids to eat more fruit. Never worked on me.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
smiscandlon
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
scotty wrote:Yer Right EMWK :notworthy: ,you can't beat some"Captain Pugwash,Ivor the Engine,Rhubarb and Custard,Pipkins and Sarah Green on Blue Peter,just what a Teenage boy wants on his mind at bed time :innocent: ,ALL ABOARD THE SKYLARK :lol: I say!!
I think you forgot Bananaman! :notworthy: ;D

Although I suppose that was just a government ploy to get kids to eat more fruit. Never worked on me.
It's amazing what a few extra bananas can do.
анархия
boudicca
Sister Midnight

smiscandlon wrote: It's amazing what a few extra bananas can do.
Tell me about it! :wink:

[/filth]
DerekR
Doobie Brother

This looks like fun, can I play?

boudicca
Sister Midnight

Anyone who remembers Bertha gets sweeties! ;D
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Some weird, giant machine? Most of my childhood is vague due to all the drinking I did as a growing adolescent. :wink:

My fondest memories are of the Demon Headmaster, or Boot Street School, or Space Vets, or the early series of Red Dwarf on a Friday night at nine. Bloody brilliant.
aims
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Anyone who remembers Bertha gets sweeties! ;D
Gimme Sweeties! :D

I remember her ^_^

Big machine type thing.

Does this make me old? :|
scotty
Overbomber

Jamie and His Magic Torch,anyone?