More mp3 help needed

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ruffers
Overbomber

I have a DJ set I want to send to someone via yousendit or similar but the files are all separate even though it's mixed together.

Can anyone recommend a free and easy to use application to enable me to merge the first ten tracks into one track, then the second ten, so it becomes two big files and I don't have to post them all individually? There'll be an additional benefit that my player doesn't pause between tracks as well although solutions to this problem would also be appreciated.

:notworthy: in advance, or :evil: if no one helps.

:lol:
Chucking another log on
Debaser
Overbomber

Gaz uses Acoustica....I'd love to give you a link but I used my brain cell thinking of the software...
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
valeryg
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:Gaz uses Acoustica....I'd love to give you a link but I used my brain cell thinking of the software...
acoustica isn't free:(

@ ruffers: , go here, i've included there something for you.
you can choose what to use..

but cant you make an .rar archive of the songs, for example in two parts..and send them? :roll:
hallucienate
Overbomber

I'd try use winamp.

Select the first 10 tracks and enqueue them, the go to preferneces -> output plug-ins. Select the Nullsoft Disk Writer plugin and configure it to use "Single File Mode" which should which should write all the files out as one big WAV file, then just convert them back to MP3 using your favourite MP3 compressor.

Don't forget to change the output plug-in back to whatever it was before once you're done.
ruffers
Overbomber

Thanks for the suggestions so far

hallucienate - I think I follow that, O don't have a favourite mp3 compressor mind but will have a look.

valeryg - <edited to remove absolute rubbish comment about yousendit, sorry> I'll have a download at home tonight, many thanks :notworthy:

And I have no idea what an .rar is :oops:
Chucking another log on
valeryg
Road Kill

ruffers wrote:Thanks for the suggestions so far

hallucienate - I think I follow that, O don't have a favourite mp3 compressor mind but will have a look.

valeryg - <edited to remove absolute rubbish comment about yousendit, sorry> I'll have a download at home tonight, many thanks :notworthy:

And I have no idea what an .rar is :oops:
click the link in my previous post > then see down the page > Select your download:> click on free > then see down the page again wait 30 sec. maybe and you will see a file called REQ.zip > there i zipped some useful aplications for cutting, joining and editing. Just unzip the file and install what you want.

good luck!
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

You know what a .zip file is? Where you can compress many files inside a .zip file so you end up with one file that smaller in size than the original files were?

A .rar file is the pretty much the same thing, just has a different way of compressing the data.

You can download an evaluation copy of Winrar and when you choose what to compress it gives you the option of compressing it into a .rar or a .zip.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
ruffers
Overbomber

CellThree wrote:You know what a .zip file is? Where you can compress many files inside a .zip file so you end up with one file that smaller in size than the original files were?

A .rar file is the pretty much the same thing, just has a different way of compressing the data.

You can download an evaluation copy of Winrar and when you choose what to compress it gives you the option of compressing it into a .rar or a .zip.
Ah, gotcha.

Thanks.
Chucking another log on