Bu$h

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4246212.stm

I don’t know where to start
bitching about the Neo Con's led by
the corporate monkey we all know and loathe.

Iraq is practically in civil car,
(I heard the phrase "al qaeda in Iraq"
used on the mainstream news last night)

and new 'security' measures inside the USA
have not done anything to improve
disaster response (seemingly the
opposite), let alone terrorism.

Have they implemented anything that
hasn't been counter productive??

The UN is in tatters as Bush continues
to bash on with his agenda of
"reforming the middle east"
read: reshaping the planet politically
according to an American agenda,
to hell with everybody else,
while the rest of the worlds governments
nod gently.

If these people continue, we can all
expect a century of bloodshed,
terrorism, religious polarisation
and climatic disaster.

Is this the world we want our children
to inherit?
Last edited by Ocean Moves on 16 Sep 2005, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Maybe if you could spell, I'd take your thoughts seriously. Until that blessed day comes, do the English language a favor and shut the f**k up.

Also...try and learn something about politics, will you? "Bush bad, others (i.e ~Bush) good" is laughably simplistic. As always, political things are complicated (much moreso than most people on Ye Olde Internet think)--regardless of whether you stand on the left, the right, or (as you apparently do), on a foul-smelling brown patch that no one wants to visit. Speak seriously of politics (and thus of life and the world) or don't speak at all. Jackass.

EDIT: Hey...that's nice of you to fix your spelling. That doesn't mean you're not an idiot though. The world ain't black and white--not even when it comes to American Republican presidents. Sorry to be the one to tell you...

EDIT 2: You wrote: Iraq is practically in civil car. What does that mean? Iraq has a particularly polite version of Herbie the Love Bug to tool around in?
steamhammerdave
Road Kill

In my experience all people from Texas are idiots.
What are we gonna do now then?
Eat the phone book...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

sultan2075 wrote:Maybe if you could spell, I'd take your thoughts seriously. Until that blessed day comes, do the English language a favor and shut the f**k up.

Also...try and learn something about politics, will you? "Bush bad, others (i.e ~Bush) good" is laughably simplistic. As always, political things are complicated (much moreso than most people on Ye Olde Internet think)--regardless of whether you stand on the left, the right, or (as you apparently do), on a foul-smelling brown patch that no one wants to visit. Speak seriously of politics (and thus of life and the world) or don't speak at all. Jackass.

EDIT: Hey...that's nice of you to fix your spelling. That doesn't mean you're not an idiot though. The world ain't black and white--not even when it comes to American Republican presidents. Sorry to be the one to tell you...

EDIT 2: You wrote: Iraq is practically in civil car. What does that mean? Iraq has a particularly polite version of Herbie the Love Bug to tool around in?
EXCUSE ME?!? Because you are a professor (or so your profile tells me) some people on HL make typing errors....happenes to the best of us!
Bush is a F*ck head president and before throwing things out about politics and worldly statements....be warned....some of us on HL actually DO know what is going on.....so in this world of grey shades....coming in from this point is very brave....
Goddamn the Americans who are so narrow-minded!!!
@Ocean Moves - it is o.k.....
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

sultan2075 wrote:do the English language a favor
ImageI'm sorry but that's a classic...

:roll:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
ruffers
Overbomber

You go for it Sultan, nothing wrong with a little debate.
Chucking another log on
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

but what he does with cigars is a different matter!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Oh God. The spelling thing. Shakespeare: idiot. Spelled his name seventeen different ways. Einstein: dyslexic nincompoop. Huh. Clearly, people who have not been taught to spell in a certain way cannot, therefore, THINK. Clearly, before standardised spelling was introduced in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, people's thought processes were horribly confused and incapable of any form of logic. Newton achieved nothing, because some people said gravity and others said gravitie.

'Al Qaeda in Iraq', @Ocean Moves, is not a new phenomenon, but is the name of a previously-unknown ORGANISATION which claimed responsibility for the bomb attacks earlier this week. No-one should be surprised by the activities of pro-al Qaeda groups in Iraq; what is really unfortunate is how the Bush and Blair governments find in it a bizarre post-facto justification for the horrible adventure they are engaged in.

NB: any spelling mistakes clearly render anything I've said here incoherent and meaningless. Not.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
steamhammerdave
Road Kill

I like Bush's memo to Condoleeza Rice

"I think I need to go to the bathroom", etc...

duh! either he wants to or he doesn't

written in a mixture of upper and lower case like the dullard he clearly is.

God help America with him at the controls :lol:
Eat the phone book...
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Oh dear. You know, Germans write in an odd mixture of upper and lower case, too? And can anyone think of a significant German philosopher? *

* Marx, Kant, Fichte, Herder, Goethe, Nietzsche, Heidegger, von Humboldt, Habermas etc etc - inveterate capitalisers of Nouns, all of them.
Chris

ruffers
Overbomber

This made me chuckle this morning

Chucking another log on
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:lol: :lol: oh my all the jokes that could get on *this* thread....
I am in Europe and have no intention of going to U.S.A. anytime in the near future!
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MadameButterfly wrote::lol: :lol: oh my all the jokes that could get on *this* thread....
I am in Europe and have no intention of going to U.S.A. anytime in the near future!
They'd sure as hell confiscate your herbal tea, Debs! :lol:

Although I'm sure Bush is on something... if he's not run by a pair of rechargeable batteries wedged up his arse.

Which is a distinct possibility!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Onion wrote:Bush finally gets joke about his last name
:innocent:

Anyway...
sultan2075 wrote:Also...try and learn something about politics, will you? "Bush bad, others (i.e ~Bush) good" is laughably simplistic. As always, political things are complicated (much moreso than most people on Ye Olde Internet think)--regardless of whether you stand on the left, the right, or (as you apparently do), on a foul-smelling brown patch that no one wants to visit. Speak seriously of politics (and thus of life and the world) or don't speak at all. Jackass.
So it's laughably simplistic to condemn a man that spent 20 minutes reading to children after he heard about the September 11th attacks? A man who spent four days sitting on his pampered ar$e while people were dying in New Orleans? But what the fcuk, right? They were only poor people and blacks, they're never going to vote Republican are they?

As long as it doesn't stand in the way of the Almighty Dollar...

Makes me want to puke.
Last edited by markfiend on 16 Sep 2005, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Perv
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

boudicca wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote::lol: :lol: oh my all the jokes that could get on *this* thread....
They'd sure as hell confiscate your herbal tea, Debs! :lol:

Although I'm sure Bush is on something... if he's not run by a pair of rechargeable batteries wedged up his arse.

Which is a distinct possibility!
:lol: Yeah...and no-one touches my drugs unless I say so!!! But....herbal things are globally smoked or used in tea....that's not a problem... :wink:

Bush needs to be on something.....has the world looking at his arse leadership.....what a mess he has made!!!

Should blame everything on him!!!! Some BIG BOYS do with BIG HATS....on a ranch.....let them GUN HIM DOWN....
that ongoing eternity
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote: Should blame everything on him!!!! Some BIG BOYS do with BIG HATS....on a ranch.....let them GUN HIM DOWN....
Maybe blame the people that voted for him?
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Ed Rhombus wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: Should blame everything on him!!!! Some BIG BOYS do with BIG HATS....on a ranch.....let them GUN HIM DOWN....
Maybe blame the people that voted for him?
Could although do not have any trust in the voting system....
Another conspiracy....or just who knows who when counting votes.. :innocent:
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote:Bush needs to be on something...
There's rumours that GWB was (and possibly still is) a huge cocaine freak...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I remember the two loons who made South Park saying their next project would be a cartoon about the 2000 Presidential Campaign. On the basis that 'there should be more bush and gore on prime-time tv'. Oh, how we laughed...
Chris

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Bush needs to be on something...
There's rumours that GWB was (and possibly still is) a huge cocaine freak...
Now that would explain why he thinks he is god of the world....
And why he is always playing golf or on holiday when should be doing things presidents do
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ed Rhombus wrote:Perv
Wrong thread, Ed. :innocent:
"Poor Timsinister" has slipped onto page 2 now, more's the pity... :cry: :twisted:

It may be an extremely widely-held opinion that Dubya doesn't have two braincells to rub together, but that doesn't make it wrong.

All too easy to make cheap jokes about him... well, yes. But not because I'm jumping on the anti-Bush bandwagon, simply because I have listened (in terrible awe) to the incoherent ramblings that come directly out of his mouth. With no manipulation from the media, that alone would disgust me.

I don't doubt a lot of people who casually dislike George Bush would stop tomorrow if the media told them he was great and making jokes about him was no longer "cool". Some folk will hate who they're told to hate.
But the man does provide his critics with endless fodder.

If I could hear him make a statement about Iraq, Katrina, his relationship with the UK or anything else that actually tackled the issue at hand and argued his position well, without this "down-home straight-talkin' guy" veneer that hides the fact he never gets to any kind of point (cutting the crap and avoid any big words or weighty political discussion are not one and the same... "We're dealin' with it" doesn't actually tell me anything)... if he could make such a statement, then I'd reconsider my view.

Until then, he's an asshole.
steamhammerdave
Road Kill

Ed Rhombus wrote:
Until then, he's an asshole.[/quote]

:notworthy:
Eat the phone book...
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

steamhammerdave wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:

I would have said 'arse' rather than 'ass'

That's Bouds and her American influnces for you
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ed Rhombus wrote:
steamhammerdave wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:

I would have said 'arse' rather than 'ass'

That's Bouds and her American influnces for you
SHUT IT YOU! :P

In my defence... I would generally say arsehole myself, but since we're talking about the President of the U.S.A., I thought I'd put my "never use a 'z' in an 'isation' word" principles to the side. :wink: