Alton Towers

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Travelling there today for a weekend of fun and beer

Question is-- Can you still be g*th whilst screaming at the top of your lungs on a rollercoaster?? Or plunging down the flume??

Should we just float around the castle a bit?
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
ruffers
Overbomber

No idea, but I do know that the chairs on chains things is terrifying. Much more so than all the multimillion pound extravaganzas imho. It's a little chair, and a little chain!
Chucking another log on
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

You could just write bad poetry about how scared you got, and how much you threw up?
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Is there a Ghost Train?
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

culprit wrote:Question is-- Can you still be g*th whilst screaming at the top of your lungs on a rollercoaster?? Or plunging down the flume??

Should we just float around the castle a bit?
Oh yes definitely! Not been to Alton Towers but had a few fun nights at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Favourite memories are:

Almost derailing the Big Dipper with a handbag. Not mine I hasten to add but that of my friend, who lost hold of it on the way down the first (and biggest) dip. We were at the front of the train and her handbag was thrown into the air and was left dangling just above the track, held back only by her pinkie! It was only afterwards I realised I'd lunged forward halfway down the biggest dip to drag it back in. :lol:

The Waterslide - don't know if it's still there but it used to be a much ignored and much neglected ride at the edge of the Pleasure Beach. We went on last thing at night when it was deserted. While the train was climbing the ramp, we passed 2 men who were standing up on the scaffolding and seemed to be holding the track together! All I could do when I saw them was say hello. :roll: I saw the funny side too much to bother when the train started to shake erratically when we reached the top...

Ghost trains are usually s**t but Blackpool has a great one that takes ages and covers 3 levels. Very cheesy but lots of fun. The Fun House was also a great place to go to but unfortunately it burnt down some time in the early 90s. It had a human-sized hamster wheel, moving steps, rotating floors and other such silliness. Great fun!

Other highlights - the Big One, the Grand National, the river caves, the steeplechase, the monorail and the Mouse :D
scotty
Overbomber

The "Big Tea Cups"are about my limit 'cause I'm a big GOTHS blouse when it comes to things like that :oops: !.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

scotty wrote:The "Big Tea Cups"are about my limit 'cause I'm a big GOTHS blouse when it comes to things like that :oops: !.
Get your arse down to Largs, Scotty!

I went to Alton Towers when I was 13, stood in the queue for Nemesis with my friends for 2 and a half hours (with about an hour still to wait)... and finally convinced her to climb over the wire fence with me and get out. She spent about half an hour wavering as to whether or not she was too chicken to be chicken, before coming with me. Everyone in the queue pointed and laughed, I gave them a two-fingered salute and a grin. ;D :P

WHICH OF US IS TRULY BRAVE?!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I love Alton Towers - there's no ride too scary for me 8)
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

You can always look goff and grumpy in the hour long queues... :lol:
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news