thank you

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

to everyone who contributed to this weekend: thank you

to rhombus, the smurphs, james ray & crew, to matt & corrosion: thank you (and sorry you couldn't make it matt)

to frazer & emma, phono paul & sally, andy & sam: thank you (and get well soon andy!)

to lars, paddy, mik, ness & gaz, ed, rob keys (& mrs keys), scardy, laz & libby, the fiends, ems (& mr strange), gripper (& mrs gripper), the scottys, zuma & cat, the snoweys, the richeyjames', mr blast, andrew s, pikkrong, planet dave & co, johnny, boudicca, francis, reptile, pib, purple light, lee emwk, timsinister, derekr, black alice (& paul), choque & lynne, richard hunter, hazel, graham, mick & mick's better half, (that everyone?) and the cast of hundreds that all contributed: thank you.

a f**king great turn-out and a f**king great weekend!

thank you :notworthy: :kiss:

you bunch of mad bastards ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I had a great time! :notworthy:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

When's the next one?

:lol:

Thank YOU!

It's all your fault! :notworthy:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Quiff Boy wrote: you bunch of mad bastards ;D
Yep. :innocent:

But this has now become the 'Thank You' to Quiffy thread. :von:

Feel free to join in ... 8)

Fab man. :kiss:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

yup - thoroughly enjoyed myself

Really good to put faces to names (and names to pseudonyms), and great to meet all of you
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@ Johnny M: ach! me arse!! i thought i'd locked the thread ;)

all i do is ask a few nice people if they can provide venues, dj & pa systems, etc.

between them and yourselves is where all the hard work and expense is involved. the amount of effort (be it financial, organisation, travel, state of your liver, etc) you all make is massively appreciated. :notworthy:
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:@ Johnny M: ach! me arse!! i thought i'd locked the thread ;)

all i do is ask a few nice people if they can provide venues, dj & pa systems, etc.

between them and yourselves is where all the hard work and expense is involved. the amount of effort (be it financial, organisation, travel, state of your liver, etc) you all make is massively appreciated. :notworthy:
I'm turning this back into a thankyou Quiffy thread!!!

Your a damn fine organiser of damn fine events & your a damn nice bloke.
(& thankyou for playing Some Kind Of Stranger on Sat night :notworthy: )
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

thanks QB, had a great time (i think) :notworthy: :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No, thank you. :notworthy: times several million.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I think next year QB should get a minder in for Johnny M or at the very least book his bed in A&E (SG can then look forward to giving him a bedbath) :lol:

Great Sunday tho....Cheers QB
allfear

no worries mate I trust the 25 went to good homes
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the biggest thank you of course should go to the very wonderful jo :D

i didnt include her in that thread above as it seemd a bit, ummm, mushy :lol: and i dont usually "air my linen" in public as it were, but what the heck. she put up with my stressing and being tired, distracted, nervous, giddy, pissed, etc etc during the organising of, the run-up to it, and all during the weekend and all through the weekend itself. :o :urff:

thanks hon. you're a f**king star :D

i cannot do enough of these: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

and of these: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: ;)
snowey

Quiff Boy wrote:the biggest thank you of course should go to the very wonderful jo :D

i didnt include her in that thread above as it seemd a bit, ummm, mushy :lol: and i dont usually "air my linen" in public as it were, but what the heck. she put up with my stressing and being tired, distracted, nervous, giddy, pissed, etc etc during the organising of, the run-up to it, and all during the weekend and all through the weekend itself. :o :urff:

thanks hon. you're a f**king star :D

i cannot do enough of these: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

and of these: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: ;)
Are the Smurphs available for the next heartland wedding??? :innocent: :lol: (only joking Jo, honest).
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

As ever Quiffy sterling effort dude!!!

Saturday night was great, good to catch up and chat with people as ever even if i was having to listen to loads of dodgy goff rubbish ;) Particular kudos to Pikkrong (Indrek) for extending his stay to join us all! A good solid meet up marred only perhaps by some alcohol fueled lack of respect for other people on the dance floor.... oh well.

Sunday, thanks for putting us on as ever, really enjoyed returning to the scene of the crime after the god awful last gig we did there.... Sid is back.... normal service resumed!

Best Rhombus set ive seen (and there have been several!) strength to strength guys really. Even ther heckling was top notch severiiiiiiinaaaaaaa etc ;)

James Ray, well a bit over my head im afraid but not suprising as im a simple man! Im glad he spoke to people later as he said not a word to any of us.... having dropped down the bill for him too.... rockstars! Having said that it was extremely good to see his guitarist Ian (These Crimson Dreams) who we played with, lent floors to and on whose floors we slept many moons ago when we started the Smurphs! Always the gent and genuinely top bloke.... just wish you lived closer m8!

Thanks for everyones support, and for those who came to see Mr Ray and put up with our cheap plagiarism!! It was certainly the busiest yet!

Cheers,
Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mrs fiend wrote:I'd really like to join the merry throng of gratitude wishers to Quiff Boy for organising such a fab event and to everyone else for just being .. well fabulous, really. It's really kind of daunting to walk into an environment where you don't know anyone ... (not even on line) ... But you are all such a wonderful group of people. It was an absolute pleasure to spend Saturday evening with you. I really did feel like I'd known you all for years. I really look forward to getting together with the Heartland gang again in the near future. Good work on the photo front too - I knew I was right insisting on that high angle shot for the ladeez. Many, many hugs and kisses to everyone.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mik
Chameleons Guru

Whilst it grates somewhat with my on and offline personas I can only concur with the general Quiffly praise; its a lot of effort running a place like this never mind organising a real life 'off line' event but to run three on succesive nights? your notworthy icon doesn't do you justice.

Apologies to all for basically sitting on my stool and talking to the same people I always talk to at these sort of get togethers, although I too was washed away by the one man tsunami that is Planet Dave. For someone from the wrong side of the Pennines he's a top bloke, and I expect he'll be gratified to learn that I still haven't washed my hands :eek: ;D

Main disappointment was not being able to compliment Boudicca on excellent skin but she'd buggered off somewhere before I had the chance. Lucky escape I'd say.

Anyway; well done all.
Something pithy.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

mik wrote: although I too was washed away by the one man tsunami that is Planet Dave. For someone from the wrong side of the Pennines he's a top bloke, and I expect he'll be gratified to learn that I still haven't washed my hands :eek: ;D
No doubt. Is it because you're not sure where they are, or you're still too terrified to move? :lol: Pleasure meeting you to, even though you're from the wrong side of the pennines. 8)

Quiffy and Jo, I bow in your presence, and put my family forever at the service of you and yours. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Good looking couple of b&stards too. Some people get everything. :kiss:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Francis
Overbomber

Yep. Thanks to everyone who was involved in anyway at all but Quiffy and Jo especially. It still amazes me why people want to come all this way just to buy me a drink. :notworthy:
Last edited by Francis on 11 Oct 2005, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

@ mik - not at all... we could see you were in a little party-world of your own! ;D Really nice to meet you anyway.

As for the Quiff-meister... I got nothing to say they haven't said before... just Top Bloke... I don't know if it's reached you yet how impressed I was with your dancing skillz... :notworthy: ;D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
scotty
Overbomber

Just in the door{the poison door :innocent: }, can I/we just add my tuppence worth and thank everyone who made the weekend so enjoyable for us both, @ Quiff Boy for the whole thing & the intro' to Choque {did I mention that Derek R :innocent: :lol: }, It was a long way to come, but it was worth every inch of the journey to meet everyone, can't wait for the next one.

Keith & Margaret.
Last edited by scotty on 11 Oct 2005, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

get margaret on here...

love to quiffy, and jo, who i don't get to talk to nearly enough... *sniff*

mr s did feel a bit better next day, and was quite put out that he couldn't come. he enjoyed last time, and will again!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote:{did I mention that Derek R :innocent: :lol: }
No, really? You should have said :lol:

...and I've now got yer cauld, ya bast! :urff:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

emilystrange wrote:get margaret on here...
I think your wish has been granted ... :eek: :lol:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

hee that's one down
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
boudicca
Sister Midnight

DerekR wrote:...and I've now got yer cauld, ya bast! :urff:
Christ on a bike! Sounds like everybody has caught Keith's cold, except me... :P

mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha....

*15 hours later*

....ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa-choo!

SH!T!!!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets