telly alert...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Not even heard these people, but maybe worth a watch (if yer up).

Birmingham based four piece Editors borrow from the tradition of Joy Division, Echo and The Bunnymen and even U2 to create their own wall of moody sound. They will be performing Bullets and Munich from their critically well received debut album, The Back Room.

On Jools Holland 11.30'ish Beeb 2
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

They've been registering on my radar for a while now. I like them. Probably still searching for their own identity/sound but it will come. 8)
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
scotty
Overbomber

A real one not to miss, got the video set.
Cheers zuma :wink:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

hmmm saw them.. they were a bit polished for me. and i was very tired as it was the day after the last smurphs crewe gig and i didn't recover from my hangover till 6pm.... then had to go out again
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Mind you, after following Johnny M's link (danke)

"all music technology students at Britain's Stafford University who relocated to Birmingham after graduation"

does not really fill me with much hope, can only see what develops...
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Oh come on Zuma! Everyone who forms a band at Uni believes in "the integrity of their music" and sees it as "serious art".

Until they tour, get a few drugs inside them, get inside a couple of groupies and then they tend to relax. Allegedly. :lol:

James Blast
Banned

Editors, The Back Room is the only decent album release thus far in 2005, IMO
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Thank you Mr blast. 8)

Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:Oh come on Zuma! Everyone who forms a band at Uni believes in "the integrity of their music" and sees it as "serious art".

Until they tour, get a few drugs inside them, get inside a couple of groupies and then they tend to relax. Allegedly. :lol:
Not being cynical Johnny, just waiting to see what I think, and I appreciate what you say...I guess just hoping it is not Joy Div by numbers.

Would really love to be impressed!

Anyway, only started this because mr Scotty was a feartie for some reason :lol:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

It will be music by numbers I'm sure. Similar to my beloved Bloc Party when they started. See BP now, who have loosened up after being feted and exposed to the 'rock world' and they're so much more relaxed *cough*, confident live and are gonna be more creative in the studio. 8)

James Blast
Banned

did someone mention BeeP?!

she gone :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

*sniff*
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

James Blast wrote:did someone mention BeeP?!

she gone :cry:
Valerie made a conscious decision to get a life. A real life. But I'm still in contact with her James. If I ever had a mission to get someone back ... it's this one. I'm working on it. Trust me. 8)

scotty
Overbomber

"You don't Need This Disease", Superb :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

To me, maybe a bit music by numbers, but I do understand your TV live debut will make you want to concentrate on whacking out the song perfectly as opposed to performing. We'll see. One for the future methinks. 8)

DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:Editors, The Back Room is the only decent album release thus far in 2005, IMO
<cough> <splutter> then go and buy Siberia ya baw bag!

I ken, I promised you a copy (which I had in my pocket and forgot to give you).
scotty
Overbomber

DerekR wrote:
James Blast wrote:Editors, The Back Room is the only decent album release thus far in 2005, IMO

I ken, I promised you a copy (which I had in my pocket and forgot to give you).
:roll: Baw bag! :twisted: :twisted: , I'm sure I'll get it in time Derek mate :notworthy: , how you liking Salvation and LOUD?,
and I'm hoping your going to the Bauhaus in Glesga?.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote: :roll: Baw bag! :twisted: :twisted: , I'm sure I'll get it in time Derek mate :notworthy: , how you liking Salvation and LOUD?,
You pished? ah wiz talkin tae Blast :lol: Thoroughly enjoying Salvation, haven't given Loud a try yet, too much going on :innocent:
scotty wrote:and I'm hoping your going to the Bauhaus in Glesga?.
When is it? not soon I hope, too skint. Going to Glesca on Sunday though :innocent:
scotty
Overbomber

DerekR wrote:
scotty wrote: :roll: Baw bag! :twisted: :twisted: , I'm sure I'll get it in time Derek mate :notworthy: , how you liking Salvation and LOUD?,
You pished? ah wiz talkin tae Blast :lol: Thoroughly enjoying Salvation, haven't given Loud a try yet, too much going on :innocent:
scotty wrote:and I'm hoping your going to the Bauhaus in Glesga?.
When is it? not soon I hope, too skint. Going to Glesca on Sunday though :innocent:
:oops: :oops: a wee bit :lol: , any way :oops: , Bauhaus in Glesga 29 / 01 / 06, I might be a wee bit mare pished than "a wee bit" now I TRY to come to think of it :innocent: :lol:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote:Bauhaus in Glesga 29 / 01 / 06,
Hmm, that is god-awful timing. Apart from the fact it's my birthday on the 31st and that gig would be a great way to celebrate. We're having a shutdown at work that weekend and time off is BANNED. Hmmm
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the editors = interpol without the "annoying whiney f**k" factor :lol:

so they're not from ny? strange. could have sworn they were all interpol groupies from listening to that album :?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:the editors = interpol without the "annoying whiney f**k" factor :lol:
:notworthy: Am glad it's not just me. I've tried my hardest to convince Gaz of this but he's just not having it. (He does like The Editors but won't have the analogy)
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm sure mr s said something about interpol too
Debaser
Overbomber

It's a 'Joy Division' thang :D :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I like them. I don't think they're copying Joy Division or Interpol. If anything alot of the guitars on that album sound very early U2 (not that I'm much of a fan of U2).